This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating, hitting, and emotional abuse will not be tolerated by me. Mark has never raised a hand to me, and he's not verbally abusive at all. If he cheated on me I don't think I could ever work past it. But all in all I think it's too easy to get a divorce and walk away from things. I'd do counseling for anything other than cheating.

It is very diffuclt. I always knew, both of us did, that it was the one thing that either of us would split over. It is the only thing with my upbringing that justifies breaking marriage vows. He knew that and when he wanted out did exactly that cuz he knew I would end it right that moment.

On the flip side, three of my very close friends has husbands cheat on them and they made it work.

How come it is always the Husband that cheats?

We met at the bank where we both worked. Started dating and after 3 months we were engaged. There was no big question, per say. We just started talking about marriage. We were going to wait a year to get hitched, but then Dick was drafted. We were still going to wait, until he got his notice to report and then we decided we wanted to be married right away. We eloped because I didn't think my parents would go for it. We went to 3 states before we found one that would marry us. We were only 20. Dick's mom was with us and we had to say she was my mother and they called Dick's dad for his permission. He almost gave it away because he almost said, "Well, isn't his mother there?" We were married by a preacher at his home. We were going to keep it a secret until Dick got out of the service and then have a big wedding for the families. Well, I couldn't keep the secret for more than a month. Needless to say, my mom was not happy, but my dad was cool about it. So when Dick was on leave, we went to the Phila. Zoo for our honeymoon. LOL We had a weekend together and he was sent over to Germany. After a six month wait, I joined him and we started our married life in Frankfurt, Germany in a one room apartment, with a closet size kitchen and bathroom. We had a straw mattress for a cot size bed. It's good we were newly married or we never would have been able to sleep in that cot. shocked shocked laugh Everyone said it wouldn't last, but here it is 44 years later and where still married and happy. clp Sue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow Sue, that is just great!!!! 44 years married! muggs clp

It is not. I have a guy friend as well whose wife cheated on him. He left her.

Sue that is AWESOME!!!! I just LOVE reading stories like that of love lasting so long and through so much!

I met Ricky in a bait tackle convient mart. I worked there. He had been coming in daily to try and get my attention and I never noticed him. He came in one night I was sitting on a bucket cross stitching a baby blanket for a girl friend of mine. The blanket had a lil cow boy on it the pattern called for a blue flannel shirt blonde hair and blue eyes, I decided to put him in a red flannel shirt with brown hair and eyes. Rick came in with a red flannel shirt cowboy hat and brown hair and eyes. I sure noticed him that night. I had told my friend and coworker about him told her I could marry that fella with the "Pure Country" movie. The next morning he had to bring the movie back well my much older co-worker said you got a girl friend? He was like lady your too old for me but do you know much about that gal that works in here with the long hair. lol She gave him my number and told him not to flatter himself thinking she wanted him. lol
I had baby sat next door to his grandparents for 2 years before he moved in with them. I used to fish with his papaw, he always told me I got a grandson you should meet. I was like if he needs papaw to get him a date I will pass. His papaw came in to the store after our first date and said I told you about that boy of mine. I was speechless.

Some things are just ment to be. Doesn't matter how god brought you to one another he did it for a reason. Just gotta follow your heart.

Karrie, that is neat! You should listen to your elders, you know! laugh

Well the first time was not memorable, what can you say about finding out at 16 you are pg and in those days marriage was the thing to do- lasted for 9 yrs ...
Second time I met him at work we were both operators for Mtn Bell- my best girlfriend who worked there too told me there is one guy there you should date- at that time I had been divorced about a yr and a half and wasn't to intrested in dating yet- well met Joe and he was really good about helping me learn the job- and to speak enough Spanish to do the job- this was in Az and we were local operators as well as long distance-- he kept asking for my number and address- kept telling him I was to old for him- almost 4 yrs older than him- he was 22 then.. well finally he followed me home one night and saw I lived next door to some cousins of his - he kept visiting them and running into me.... I finally agreed to have dinner with him and we dated for about 4 months and he asked me to marry him- said no , wasn't ready for that yet--- kept asking every day... finally said yes...... it was 29 yrs last March... he has been a wonderful Dad to my older 2 kids- and ours together too- is an even better Papa to all the grands.....he may drive me crazy some days but wouldn't trade him for the world.
Nana

Very persistent Nana! That is wonderful!

Triss

Yes he was - still is too... not to many guys would take on a divorcee with 2 kids already at 22 yrs of age- and he says he would do it again too...
Nana

Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
I wasn't ask but will tell you anyway. 1st we had known each other all our lives. BIL's cousin. Came in off the ranch I worked at went straight out to her house ask her if she would her dad said she said yes. Formal wedding white shotgun blue ribbon. Second one who knows how or why. Third one on first date in front of old Blackhawk resturant in Dallas we pretty much knew we would get married. Ask her to live with me after two very bad relationships was reaL leary, she said nope you will have to marry me have a daughter I have to set example for. She had one teenage daughter two teenage sons one preteen and had just buried her baby (CP). Thirty one years later she was called to heaven now she is once again waiting on me.

Nana very neat. What a man you got there.

Wow.......what great stories. I am not married or I would tell my story also....lol.

B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Icky walked up to me one day and said "uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I decided to quit taking those pills a few months ago...." :p

laugh laugh

quote"
I decided to quit taking those pills a few months ago...."

laugh laugh laugh lala

OMG Bill. Almost spewed cookies all over the screen with that one! laugh laugh laugh

B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
I didn't think it was ONE BIT funny back then, mad
but I sure got a good son out of the deal! grinnnn

I am sure you were NOT happy but the end result was a good one! Next time we come up you need to have him come up too so we can meet him!

Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Mr Bill... [Linked Image]

~V~

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

laugh laugh Oh my....But a son is a lifetime Gift! indeed...

She is a rotten one, that is too funny! She knew you just needed a "gentle" nudge in the right direction!

B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
She knew you just needed a "gentle" nudge in the right direction!
No... more like she knew there was NO CHANCE! laugh

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard