This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
Holy Poonuggits did you hear about this? I was looking for tablature so i could learn a part of one of my favorite songs only to find that my favorite site was shut down. I researched this and figured out that all tablature and lyric sites had been shut down o.O

Here's a link to a lil bit of what's going on.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

I personally find this to be VERY annoying >.< I bet half of the newer artists today learned to play guitar through tablature sites like mxtabs and tabcrawler and ultimate-tabs etc. But the fact that I'll NEVER be able to find a copywrite version of a tablature to most underground metal bands really burns me up mad

I don't have the money to buy an entire 20 dollar album book so i can learn the guitar part for one song in it. I don't have the money to take lessons. The tablatures that were already written weren't even copied from the books! And on top of that, before you posted a tab, it would tell you that plagerism is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated!

So everyone who wrote all the tabs that are out on the internet can no longer share their information on how to play what sounds like their favorite songs, even if they aren't exactly like the band. I'd be totally happy if i heard people were trying to figure out my old band's songs by looking online for tabs! Our music was copywrited by Imagecraft Entertainment ya, but its not like they had any right to HOW we played the music.

Sorry, but this really burned me up today >.< I wana learn how to play some Twisted Sister!!

~Phoebe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, Phoebe, you don't mention specifically which sites are down but I found a couple tab and lyric sites that contain Twisted Sister songs. I'll PM you the links.

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I found a tablature site just yesterday for Emerson Lake and Palmer.

Phoebe - I also found many sites still up this morning by doing a Google search. I will PM you one.

Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
I guess i was just really bugged that my favorite one got shut down >.< I stayed up till 3 in the morning reading about law and educational materials and stuff like that... I donno >.< It just bugs the crap out of me that all my learning materials for playing my instruments *bass, guitar, violin* are now going to be illegal and i'm gonna have to pay for them now...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could ya'll share some of those spots with me? Alex got a Bass for Christmas and he is always looking for more stuff to play.

I usually just google the song I want and pick from many places that are offered...example..."Free Bird Tabs"

Link Copied to Clipboard