This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#137283 October 26th, 2006 at 03:42 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
I am sure a lot of us give our kids teachers gifts for the holidays as well. Let's show what we are giving and try and get ideas from one another.

#137284 October 26th, 2006 at 03:43 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
This year I am making each of the kids teachers a wreath. Inside the circle of the wreath I will put a small basket and fill it with homemade goodies since a lot of times our kids teachers are too busy to do as much holiday baking as they would like. I gave edible gifts last year and our teachers loved it.

Here are two of the wreaths I have completed so far.
[Linked Image]

#137285 October 26th, 2006 at 10:18 AM
those are neat-o!!!

when i was teaching at the daycare, i loved it when i got something with a picture of the child in it. I still have pictures of "my kids" on my coffee table.

#137286 October 26th, 2006 at 10:25 AM
Those are VERY nice, Triss!

I was thinking how it's so interesting how things are different across the same country. We are not allowed to ever bring in homebaked goods to any school here. Not for snacks, not for birthday celebrations, nor teacher gifts.

Would have made things a lot easier for me if I could have.

I can't wait to see more of your creations! thumbup

#137287 October 26th, 2006 at 10:33 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks you two. I am working on the others but it will be a few days. Need some supplies. I have a total of 3 different sets of material.

I dunno what I would do if I could not take treats to school for the kids. I love doing that kind of thing.

#137288 October 26th, 2006 at 05:58 PM
When I worked on the school bus I was given:
a small windchime, the top was a little bird house
A pretty coffee mug (you could fill a mug with candies or tea bags etc)
A gift certificate to a local bakery
2 movie passes
hand knit dish cloths

I've had teachers come in my store and see things that are for teachers with:
2 teach is 2 touch a life 4 ever (they roll their eyes and say how sick they are of the saying)

#137289 October 26th, 2006 at 06:45 PM
Those are great Triss!! We are not allowed to bring in homemade stuff(goodies) for the classroom, but I don't know about teacher gifts. I better start checking into it!

#137290 October 26th, 2006 at 10:46 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Wrennie, I really try to avoid the typical teacher gifts. I see eacha nd every year that they all get #1 teacher coffee mugs, magnets and such so I try and do it different.

I am so excited, I get to go and deliver a baby blanket to one of Zack's teachers today. She was also Lys and Jonny's teacher last year. So that makes it more special for the kids that she is getting a blanket. Tomorrow is her last day at school until after the 1st of the year.

#137291 October 26th, 2006 at 11:59 PM
What great ideas Triss for the teachers....i am sure they will LOVE them thumbup thumbup

#137292 October 30th, 2006 at 07:17 AM
B
B
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
<strong> Those are VERY nice, Triss!

I was thinking how it's so interesting how things are different across the same country. We are not allowed to ever bring in homebaked goods to any school here. Not for snacks, not for birthday celebrations, nor teacher gifts.

Would have made things a lot easier for me if I could have.

I can't wait to see more of your creations! Duh

Barb

#137293 October 30th, 2006 at 07:22 AM
Hiya Barb!

We are not allowed to bring anything into the schools that is not store bought and sealed. It's a safety issue, and they really stick to their guns where this is concerned. Since I only have Amy left in school, and she's now a high school junior, it's really not a problem for me, but it would have been nice to be able to do it when she and her brother were young.

I'm sure there are some things you are good at cooking? laugh Duh

#137294 November 5th, 2006 at 12:17 AM
Hi
The wreaths are beautiful!
I like this subject...as I work with teachers at our local middle school (6th,7th and 8th grades)
Teachers also like pens and pencils, stuff for the classroom and definately snacks... We have things to snack on in the workroom and it goes fast,as teachers come in to do copying they grab a snack....you could buy a party tray of cookies and decorate with pens,pencils and gel pens for the teachers to keep. Or make it like a gift basket with it all...post it notes are very useful too. Or, you could make up a basket of coffee and tae....theme for when the teacher has grading to do they can enjoy a cup of hot beverage.

Just an idea,

P.S. It's nice to see you all appreciate teachers, as too many people want to dis them....

Kratz7

#137295 November 5th, 2006 at 05:02 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Our school sells stuff in a fund raiser for PTA
and they do alot of things with the money they raise to take kids on field trips and family school nights... so, I try to get a couple of things thru those..
They have the cutest "snowmen" or "snowflake" kinda stuff that I buy for the teachers, (*kinda neutral stuff for winter or Jan/Feb time of year..*) they come in pins or necklaces or earrings..
So, it's like a win/win situation..
The PTA wins by getting something bought thru them.. and the teacher gets a neat snowman/flake something to remember the wee~one's thru and a hand made Christmas card..

#137296 November 23rd, 2006 at 05:47 AM
We are not allowed to bring homemade treats either. Not to school or daycare. I'm not sure what I'm going to give Tristen's teachers yet. He has two teachers at school and 4 at daycare. I am also looking for good ideas. Great topic Triss!

#137297 November 23rd, 2006 at 06:03 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
So far I got the teachers a basket and some stamps to be able to use on the kids school work. The basket should fit nicely inside the wreath and will fill them up with the goodies.

#137298 November 23rd, 2006 at 06:10 AM
Sounds like it will be a perfect gift for them Triss~~!

#137299 November 23rd, 2006 at 06:13 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh I hope so. They do so much for the kids! They deserve all kinds of goodies!

#137300 November 23rd, 2006 at 06:16 AM
I'm sure they will be delighted thumbup thumbup

#137301 November 23rd, 2006 at 06:37 AM
B
B
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
Hiya Barb!

We are not allowed to bring anything into the schools that is not store bought and sealed. It's a safety issue, and they really stick to their guns where this is concerned. Since I only have Amy left in school, and she's now a high school junior, it's really not a problem for me, but it would have been nice to be able to do it when she and her brother were young.

I'm sure there are some things you are good at cooking? laugh Duh
LOL...the only thing I can make well is potato salad....and a dip!!! People seem to really love my potato salad. It's the one thing people ask me to bring/make, etc.

I am not known for my cooking! hehehe! Though I can make a nice Thanksgiving feast....thanks to my mother!

My poor kids....they call the pizza guy *Uncle*!

Barb

Link Copied to Clipboard