Hello and thank you everyone,
To answer questions,
1. I could not garden and did not have the inclination (to clarify) because I lived in an apartment and was way too busy w work to keep an eye on a garden. In Dallas I worked two jobs.
2. my name cinquefoil was given to me by a friend and it means 5 petal flower
. Also means most beloved daughter. Thought that was kewl.
3. I have never really done container gardening and have done a fair bit of reasearch on it. I have already learned from some mistakes (oh surprise!) I read a lot from HGTV the garden guy Paul James as I love his style . Its no nonesense and straight forward.
I have put styrofoam in the bottom of my containers to aid drainage. per Paul James.
seem to be doing well they are are follow:
2. A sage w purple flower
(very common in Austin area)
3. Two geraniums
4. A chrisathum (sp?)
5. a pot of cacti (three types)
6. An aloe plant
7. And some basil,mint, lavender and garlic chives.
I am using two different kind of containers. Ceramic and plastic.
I have pictures, just need to download them to the computer.
Thank you again,