This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#136374 February 7th, 2006 at 11:19 PM
OP Offline
For any who might want to know, I will be having my hysterectomy March 7th--lapiscopically--and will be in the hospital just 1 or 2 days (cannot afford it--only $15,000 a day-not including the cost of the surgery!!--so the Dr will be getting me home as soon as possible). Will be glad to end my female problems once and for all. Been going through living H*&^!! Had a fibroid tumor removed Nov 1999 which was 6 1/2 lbs. Now have another large one plus a sizable cyst on my one remaining ovary. Am tired of everything associated with this so opt for hysterectomy instead of unforseeable YEARS of living H*&%!! (I am only 39--as of March 1st!) So anyway, will not be able to check in here or even check emails for about one month. (Can't imagine the hassle it will be to go through the Spam/Junk Mail when I can!! As it is, just over the weekend, I have several hundred junk/spam/trash mails to empty!! In EACH account!! hehehe) Recovery time will be somewhere between 4-6 weeks from the surgery. Will be happy to be able to be active again! Look forward to riding my bike, exercising, etc!! Well, will check in from time to time until then. March 6th will be the last day I will be able to check mail for a while.

Bonnie

#136375 February 8th, 2006 at 12:02 AM
Hi Bonnie,
Just to let you know I had my hysterectomy at the age of 29- Dr's hemmed and hawwed a lot- you're to young... well I had 3 kids and know exactly how you feel about dealing with the life of *&^& - I had the old fashioned surgery - had other things to be done at same time and was in hospital 10 days, felt so much better after it was wonderful- did keep my ovaries - they were fine- only part that was .... you will be fine too- and feel so much better after..... take care and rest up as you can-
Nana

#136376 February 8th, 2006 at 12:28 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Bonnie...
I hate to be someone who doesn't practice what I preach, but I am begging you to PLEASE take care of yourself after the surgery.
NO vacuuming. NO lifting. NO pulling weeds in the garden.
It is so important...trust me.

You will be in my prayers.

Cindy

#136377 February 8th, 2006 at 12:38 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
NO vacuuming. NO lifting. NO pulling weeds in the garden.
...no moving of grand pianos, no lifting of giant bolders, no ditch digging at midnight, no chasing garbage cans down the road in a windstorm...

#136378 February 8th, 2006 at 12:49 AM
Meg Offline
hehe bill.. good one.

March 7th, that's my daddy's birthday. ^-^

Please do listen to thier advice, and take care of yourself properly. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

meg

#136379 February 8th, 2006 at 07:08 AM
hi there bonnie! good luck with the surgery! I hope it helps you to feel better. and take it easy! smile

#136380 February 8th, 2006 at 07:21 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Bonnie my prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Also don't do like Cindy and go pond dipping at midnight or when it is freezing laugh . Doesn't your E-Mail have a preferred area and a spam catcher. I know if your not in my address book your E-Mail doesnt go through. That cuts out over 100 junk mails a day. It does have a spot where people can request to be on you mailing list. If they are denied will not allow them to request again.
Jimmy

#136381 February 8th, 2006 at 07:33 AM
And wishing you another speedy recovery here, Bonnie. do take care of yourself.

#136382 February 8th, 2006 at 10:15 AM
Bonnie. Hope that things go smoothly with your surgery. Hurry back when you can.

#136383 February 8th, 2006 at 10:16 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Bonnie...are you still at the same address I have for you? Duh

#136384 February 8th, 2006 at 10:38 AM
Bonnie I had a Hysterectomy when I was 33 I got the same song and dance from my Dr about being too young But I had all the children I wanted, and was tired of the cysts coming and going and coming again uterus cancer ran in my family and I wanted the problem resolved once and for all. I told the Doctor take out the babie making organs but leave the play pen OH MY did I say that?!! kissies angell

#136385 February 9th, 2006 at 03:52 AM
Bonnie please listen to all of the advice..I also know from experience, I was only 25 when it happend to me. I didn't listen to the doctor or anyone else and I paid dearly for it! Best of luck to you on your surgery!

#136386 February 9th, 2006 at 10:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image] Sending Prayers your way!

Hope everything goes well and you are back in action soon kissies

#136387 February 10th, 2006 at 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bonnie, i'll be praying for you. and believe me, if you mind yourself while you are healing, you will be a very happy camper when you are done!

#136388 February 11th, 2006 at 01:52 AM
OP Offline
THanks all!! I know what to expect! I had a large fibroid removed in Nov 1999 (6 1/2 lbs--the one this time is at least as big PLUS a large cyst on the remaining ovary)the old way and I know how much pain and soreness to expect--though this time there will be only 2 small insertions insteda of from belly button to just above the pelvic bone!! THANK GOD!! Dr is skilled at doing this surgery lapiscopically!! So recovery will be a few weeks shorter but anyway I plan to stay in bed sleeping or reading. Hubby can handle order out food for a couple of weeks!! hehehe I will be MUCH happier--and anyway should be all better in time to plant!! YEAH!!! Bonnie

#136389 February 11th, 2006 at 01:52 AM
OP Offline
Oh--and Cindy--the address IS the same!! Thanks!! Bonnie

#136390 February 11th, 2006 at 09:01 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Bonnie,
Please know I will be thinking of you and you will be in my prayers for the surgery..
Any you're right, stay in bed, rest, and read all sorts of your gardening magazines and eat take out.
Get some rest and it'll be spring and planting time, in no time flat....
And you'llllll be feeling a whollllllle lot better afterwards, won't you!!! kissies flw

#136391 February 17th, 2006 at 11:38 PM
OP Offline
But...reading my gardening magazines/catalogs might not be such a good idea!! You know how we gardeners are!! My husband will have to TIE me to the bed to keep me from going through my seeds, etc!! hehehe Bad enough knowing planting time will be here by then and I will be in bed for a while!! Urghhh! However...I will be SOOOOOO relieved to have the female problems over for GOOD!! It will be worth it being a tad late planting and all that!! hehehe Maybe I can even get my husband to do the yard work I need done in order to be ready to plant while I am "out of order"???!! Would be nice!! Have some sort of thick, tree like Ivy growing all over the fence around the property and up the trees outside that fence and covering a good 2 feet on my side of the fence which I COULD be using to grow worthwhile things!! So I started clearing the Ivy away but so much still needs to be done. The soil under the mess is pretty good and rich; also the sun shines on those areas nearly all day. Very good growing conditions for the MANY Brugs I have an for the many flower beds I need to plant from seed this year!! Am so excited about planting this year!!! AND free of my female problems too! WOW!! All special holidays wrapped into one!!

Hubby has been VERY wonderful of the last month or so. He FINALLY bought me a decent set of pots and pans--and it is WONDERFUL!! Got it the other day. Stainless Steel with gold handles--I LOVE it!! Best anything I have ever had and it was NOT nearly as expensive as you would expect!! He got it from HSN for about $150 plus s&h!! It is a Bridal set--so has stuff for buffets and such--but still VERY nice and I am very happy. Sure bets the $10 sets from Dollar General!! Well, talk to you all later!! Thanks for your well wishes and prayers! God Bless!! Bonnie

#136392 February 17th, 2006 at 11:46 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
oh Bonnie, I've been thinkin' of you....
*and your Birthday is right around all this time too, isn't it???*
But just think, you'll have it done with like you said, and it'll be wayyyyyy over with and you know you'll be on the other side of it.. kissies angell

And when you are reading those gorgeous catalogs and magazines, you can be reading all sorts of good info, and comprising your' notes of wish list plants to ask for, and which one's bloom with which ones, and growing requirements, and all sorts of good stuff...

And think positive... I don't get my seeds started up here, growing zone 5, until like April/May *and some even later*, and I still get a little something.. from my crops and flowers..
and your growing zone is soooooooooo much longer than mine, so you'll have lot's of time I think...
Keep hope...stay positive and be good to yourself..

And what was the name of your pots and pans,
Command Proformance???

I will keep you in my Prayers Bonnie!!!

#136393 February 23rd, 2006 at 12:13 AM
OP Offline
Yes-I believe they ARE called Command Performance. I LOVE them!! Best set I have ever had in my life--not the one I wanted as it stays on back order apparently, but still a VERY nice set!! Am very pleased! Bonnie

Yes, my birthday is March 1st, surgery March 7th. Will only be able to check email, etc one more time before the surgery (now less than 2 weeks away) so will not be here again for about 1 1/2-2 months. Will be back however!! Happy Gardening all--hope all our gardens will be lovely and joyous this year!!

#136394 February 23rd, 2006 at 12:24 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Please, see if someone can at least let us know
you are doing okay at some point!!!
You know how we alllll worry.. and just a wavey gab lets us know all is okay!!!

#136395 February 23rd, 2006 at 12:37 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Bonnie...nice to see you. wavey
I hope all goes well with your surgery. I will be praying for you.
PLEASE don't over-do it after your surgery.
I know I keep saying that, but I speak from experience. If I'd listened to the doctor I would have healed so much faster, and as it is now, I have permanent damage from doing things I was told not to do.

I think about you ALL the time...whenever I see the beautiful brugs growing in Lola's living room! grinnnn

Hope to see you back on here before the surgery.

Cindy

#136396 February 23rd, 2006 at 06:37 AM
Bonnie, Keeping you in my prayers as the time for surgery grows nearer. I hope it all goes well and look forward to seeing you back once you recover.

#136397 February 27th, 2006 at 11:49 PM
OP Offline
I will PM afgreyparrot and weezie13 my cell phone # so someone can be in touch while I am recovering!! Thanks all!!

Yeah weezie13--my birthday is this Wednesday but have only been thinking about the surgery next Tuesday. Am so happy it is a matter of days away and I can finally get back to REALLY living once I recover. Yes, Cindy, I KNOW!! For people like you and me, being in bed for more than a day or two is hard, but I have been practically bedridden so long already--what's another few weeks or so. In the meantime I will be getting my tomatoes and peppers going in one of those mini greenhouse things--plastic with plastic lid!! Have roughly 60 kinds of hot peppers I will be trying this year and 16 kinds of tomatoes!! Will have LOTS of seeds to share just from these plants!! hehehe Not to mention all the other goodies I plan to get going in April after I am pain-free!! I certainly do NOT plan to cause myself anymore pain than absolutely necessary so will be reading my butt off for those few weeks!! This year my birthday will get little attention but next year I will be 40 and female problem free so will live it UP then!! hehehe Bonnie

#136398 February 27th, 2006 at 11:55 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
40 and female problem free
Now THAT is something to celebrate! kissies
I'll be praying for you.

Cindy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard