This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1354 July 11th, 2003 at 04:43 AM
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B

#1355 July 11th, 2003 at 07:10 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Bill,
I have a lot of columbines... my granny had them and I got some seed from the purple ones and they are soooooooooo prolific here, you could almost classify them as weeds!!
No lie!!!
I am highly disappointed that I never got the pink ones from her because when I see the purple ones I think of her on a daily basis.
But as I had posted in some posts, I had fired my husband from weed~whacking because for 3 years in a row, I had a columbine from the property that I was trying to see what color the flower was.... When it finally bloomed the 4th yr it was pink!!! I was tickled pick because I thought maybe my granny had sent them to me.
and since others on the property that I was watching came out almost a real pale pink.
And an older gentlemen that gardened here in town had some dark burgandy colored ones and I had never saw that color and I got some send from him and I have those now,
Also got an "nora barlow" (that's a pink and white blend) and it's so pretty, quite different from the form that are the other colors and shape.
And also a miniture purple and white that's quite cute.
I had the yellow and white McKenna variety, but somehow, they didn't like it here and never reseeded for me..... The yellow was a nice color addition for me....
They are such a delicate flower,
but I think quite dilagent.
I will have some of those seed to pass on,
I know had to how to havest those.
Did you take the picture? Well, I guess obviously you did, do you know the name?
Is there a side view? The ones I have are a trumpet shape and some are doubles, the nora barlow is all frilly on the inside.
I'm curious about the stamins in the middle on your picture. Side view possible????????
Weezie shocked smile

Link Copied to Clipboard