This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13433 December 31st, 2003 at 05:43 PM
M
marissa Offline OP
OP Offline
M
can anyone tell me some easy plants for beginner gardners

#13434 December 31st, 2003 at 05:50 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Welcome to The Garden Helper Marissa wavey

Are you speaking of houseplants or outside plants?

Feel free to look around and join in on the fun!

kit Catlover kit

#13435 December 31st, 2003 at 06:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi marissa and welcome to the forum.....I live not too awful far away from virgina....been to kings dominion many many times....

I have found that outdoors some of the easiest plants to grow have been vincas, petunias, begonias, and marigolds.....they aren't too exciting really but they have been easy for me to grow--I have had tons of different flowers though, and I've found that as long as I weed around them, put them in the right spot, and water them that they grow nicely.......hostas are good for shade and are very easy, and clematis has been good for me as far as vines go....one of the best things that I discovered last year was to start using miracle grow on my flowers.....the improvement in them was so dramatic that even my husband noticed the change in them..... :p

As far as houseplants go I am a big fan of wandering jews, they are purple and silverish and it is very easy to keep them.....they are very pretty in hanging baskets and you can take cuttings off them and grow many many more. And a mature one can get very big.....I also like the bolivian jew, they are just green but grow very rapidly. You can also take cuttings off of them too....

You could also plant bulbs....I just planted some crocuses and hyacinths this year and can't wait for them to pop out of the ground....now they're easy maintainence....every few years with bulbs you usually just need to divide them....and you can get bulbs that bloom in all different seasons......

Once again welcome to the forum!!!!! wavey

#13436 December 31st, 2003 at 06:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to move this to the plants and flowers section so you get more responses.... wavey

#13437 December 31st, 2003 at 09:16 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
wavey Hello wavey marissa wavey
Welcome to The Garden Helpers Forum!!! flw
Glad you found our site....

My first recommendation would be marigold's.
They are so easy to grow that even if you discard an old flower on top of the soil some of the seeds will grow from there.
Ageratum's are also a very easy one to grow, great color, they produce roots up the stems aways so if you accidently plant them too deep they are forgiving. (Tomato plants are also that way, for your first vegetables to grow)
Allysiums too, real pretty and delicate, and great fragrance too....

How do you garden???

Weezie

Link Copied to Clipboard