This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133923 July 5th, 2005 at 11:14 PM
OP Offline
Hello, friends and family! I have really missed everyone here on my hiatus from the wonderful web world.

On June 26, Jim and I went to Raleigh, NC, to visit his brother. His mom and dad were there, too, so we were able to catch up on a lot of family time. We left Raleigh on Tuesday (the 28th) morning to go to Troy and Albemarle to visit my children and grandbabies on the way home to SC. We stayed a couple of nights in Albemarle. We came home Thursday and it has been non-stop ever since.

My daughter called me on Sunday morning. She and the baby were broken down on the interstate about 10 miles away from me. We picked them up. Couldn't get the car to run long, but I was able to get it to the nearest exit in a hotel parking lot. We were finally able to get the car here yesterday afternoon.

Megan has left her boyfriend. She had been living with him and his extended family (aunts, cousins, etc....) and I still have not been told of everything that is going on, but he has been in touch with her already wanting her to come home.

Jim left for Maine this morning. The company he works for needs his help to implement a new system that they have started with their manufacturing process. Jim is a Whiz Kid when it comes to picking up new things and training everyone else to use the same process. He had already went through it one time with the plant he works for and now he is helping the parent company implement the same system. He won't be home until Friday night late.

I see I have lots of catching up to do, but I know I will not be able to do it all in one day with all the stuff that is going on. I hope everyone is well and ,also, know that I am missing all of you.

Dianna

#133924 July 5th, 2005 at 11:18 PM
Meg Offline
Hey, welcome back Dianna!! I was gone for about a week too.. and believe me, there's a lot of reading to catch up on!! shk

Meg

#133925 July 5th, 2005 at 11:27 PM
HI wavey dixie wavey

#133926 July 6th, 2005 at 12:55 AM
Hi Dianna
I was wondering where you were? wavey
Welcome back.

#133927 July 6th, 2005 at 10:13 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Yep, we've been missin ya! Glad you had some good family time! And REALLY glad you are back!

#133928 July 6th, 2005 at 12:11 PM
Glad to see you back Dianna...
Where are you located in relation to Greenville,SC????

#133929 July 6th, 2005 at 12:17 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
wavey Welcome back Dianna sure missed you glad you had such a good time and got in a lot of visiting with family. thumbup
Jimmy

#133930 July 7th, 2005 at 10:24 AM
OP Offline
Hey, Everyone!

I am trying to catch up on the reading and posting. Gosh, this is hard to do with everything that is going on around here lately!

Meg, where have you been? I haven't found the posts yet saying what you had been doing. Have you caught up yet?

My gardening friend, Mike...my gardens were drowned when we got home. It rained every day here while we were gone. My plants are turning yellow. eek

Lisa, at least now you know. I thought about posting that I would be MIA for a week, but didn't have the time. I still can't get back full strength yet, though, until things get settled with my daughter.

Vanessa, it is good to know that I was missed. I sure did miss all of you, too! You all are such a big part of my life.

Tricia, Greenville is in the upstate part of SC. I am in the Midlands. In between the mountains and the beaches! grinnnn

Jimmy, I had a great time visiting with the family. Didn't expect one to follow us home, though. laugh I am so glad my son seems to be more stable now. I will be ecstatic when my daughter gets her life together!

My daughter, grand-daughter, and I stayed last night with my aunt in Summerville (near Charleston). I helped my aunt get started on cleaning out one of her sheds.

Jim is still in Auburn, Maine, and will be there until late Friday night. He is gonna have a fit when he finds out what all I brought home. laugh I just couldn't see getting rid of plant pots and wood patterns at my aunts, so I brought them home with me instead of her donating them to Goodwill. I am still hoping to have a greenhouse of my own one day and the pots could be used then. He loves working with wood, so I thought he would like some of the patterns. I think I did good!

I will be popping in from time to time to try to keep from getting so far behind, but I know it will be at least another week before I can get everything going right again. I miss you all and am looking forward to being full-time again soon!

Dianna

#133931 July 7th, 2005 at 10:28 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I will be popping in from time to time to try to keep from getting so far behind,
Then you better pop in every 10 minutes around here!

(please!)

Cindy

#133932 July 7th, 2005 at 10:49 AM
OP Offline
Is 10 minutes up yet? grinnnn

Dianna

#133933 July 7th, 2005 at 10:51 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh laugh laugh thumbup

#133934 July 7th, 2005 at 11:01 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Really Diana...she's not kidding! This has been a boomin place...we are going through the coffee house threads like Cindy goes through Beam! (How'd ya like that one Cindy Sue?) It takes a lot to keep up with this bunch anymore! laugh We are some wild & crazy gardeners! Actually, I don't know how much gardening is actually getting done! Duh

#133935 July 7th, 2005 at 11:17 AM
OP Offline
Oh, Vanessa, I KNOW gardening is getting done! I had to come home today and pick the garden. I have got squash, cucumbers, tomatoes...... out my "ears"! Corn, too! Ears reminded me! laugh

I have really missed all of you!

Dianna

#133936 July 7th, 2005 at 12:10 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
We have missed oyu as well Diana...and yes, gardening is getting done...I have a counter full of tomatoes that need to be worked! Gotta get that done!!!!

#133937 July 7th, 2005 at 10:24 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I see I have lots of catching up to do, but I know I will not be able to do it all in one day with all the stuff that is going on.
Heck Dianna, you'll have problems just catching up on the COFFEEHOUSE conversations going on around here lately, let alone the gardening part of the forum...
Whew, I'm here all day, and I have problems keeping up with that post...

Welcome back, good to see you!

And how's that gazebo doing?
Added anything to it?

Good to hear you have some time to visit family
and good your daughter is with you and granddaughter too, maybe a very good thing for ALL. thumbup angell clp

#133938 July 7th, 2005 at 11:51 PM
OP Offline
Well, Weezie, it is a good thing for my daughter and grand-daughter to be here with me. I don't know how long she will stay, though. He is really pressing her to come home and I am pressing her to stay. There are lots of things going on in that household that my baby doesn't need to be going back to. I wish I would win the lottery. I would pay her just to stay away from that son of a flea-bitten dog! mad dev mad

Dianna

Link Copied to Clipboard