This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133818 July 10th, 2005 at 04:03 AM
OP Offline
Hi everyone! This is the first time I've been by since Bill changed servers. I stopped in and tried to catch up on apparently the day of the big server changeover, but got booted off the site. I'm reading thru threads now and trying to catch up some, but wanted to say hi specifically. Hope you're all well, and can't wait to catch up with what's been going on. Have a great weekend!

#133819 July 10th, 2005 at 04:06 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Good to hear from you Geegee...we have been wondering where you were.... Duh You will have a mighty lot of catching up to do for sure...but glad to see you are here! thumbup

#133820 July 10th, 2005 at 04:22 AM
Oh, Geegee, I am so glad to see you back! YOU HAVE BEEN DEARLY MISSED!

Merme

#133821 July 10th, 2005 at 05:56 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Heyyyyyyyyyyy, how are you doing??
Everyone here's been wonderin' where you've been?
How are things with you???

#133822 July 10th, 2005 at 09:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geegee, I've missed you around here so much!!!! I was just wondering about you today actually....Thinking about how I was going to send you a card this week to see if you were okay....I'm so glad you're back here with us--I really am!

Laura

#133823 July 10th, 2005 at 09:16 AM
Meg Offline
Hi Geegeeee!!!! wavey flw It's so great to see you again!! Hope all is going well for ya!

Meg

#133824 July 11th, 2005 at 11:59 AM
OP Offline
Hi guys!
Thanks for the sentiments!
I'm awful glad to be back. Things have been going okay, it's just that I got pregnant, and this time around have gestational diabetes, and have generally been feeling like crap for the last 3-4 months. Feeling a little bit better now, so I hope to be able to get on here more often and catch up.
The first things I wanted to find out about was what happened with Merme's house, and how is Jenn recovering from the accident?
And soon, I'm hopong to post pix of the Great Backyard Patio Project, which is looking pretty decent these days.
Take care, talk to y'all more later!

#133825 July 11th, 2005 at 12:13 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
just that I got pregnant,
Well, congrats to you Ginger! When is the new arrival due? I am praying that you can keep a handle on the G.Diabetes...and yes, it can really make you feel bad and very tired!
We are so glad you are back...keep us posted on how the pregnancy is going!

#133826 July 11th, 2005 at 12:16 PM
Hi geegeeburr/ginger!

SO you got preggers? I got engaged! How have you been? Doing any "praying to brother john?"

grinnnn

#133827 July 11th, 2005 at 12:34 PM
OP Offline
Hey guys, thanks!
Mich, congrats to you! I was gonna ask when's the date, but I see in your sig it's going to be in March. smile
Vanessa, the baby's due on or about Dec 12, and since I'm of "advanced maternal age" we already had an amnio, so we know it's a girl. smile Did you have gestational diabetes? I didn't really know if it made pregnancy worse, but I knew I felt SOOOOO much worse this time than the last time. For a while there my blood sugar was just all over the place, and I'm pretty sure that was making me exhausted all the time, which you already are when you're preggers anyway. Thank God, I don't throw up from morning sickness. My problem is, though, I have that think-you're-going-to-puke-but-never-quite-do nausea 24 hours a day, instead of just in the morning. Double thank God, it's finally easing up now!

#133828 July 11th, 2005 at 05:23 PM
Meg Offline
Congrats GG!! Me thinks maybe you need to change your ticker now. wink No sense in trying to lose weight, while you're supposed to gain.

Ok, yes, I had gestational diabetes with each of my girls. First one was only towards the end, the last 2 months maybe. And then I went pre-eclamptic right at the end. That sucked. The 2nd one.. well, pretty much had the diabetes from the time I found out I was pregnant.. and it really took it out of me. BUT, since they caught it early, and decided to give me my very own test kit, so I could test 4x a day, I was able to keep track of it better. I had to eat on a timed schedule.. about every 2 hours, I had to eat, a small portion of something. So, it was like 6 tiny meals a day, instead of 3 main meals. I ended up only gaining 12 pounds that entire pregnancy (opposed to the first one with about 40 pounds added), and as soon as I gave birth, I lost about 18 pounds! I must say, the 2nd pregnancy I felt worse, overall. More tired, more just "blah", and a bit sore/achy. I kinda attributed it to the fact that I wasn't working then, just a stay at home mom with a 2 year old.. and that I wasn't in as good a shape as I'd been when I'd had the first, because I was working when I had her. BUT, now that I think back, the diabetes was there from the get go, and that had to have played a role in how bad I felt. Go figure. Took me 8 years to realize it. perpl

As long as you know you've got it, and you can "follow the rules" of what to eat/what not to eat, and when", it helps a lot.

Meg

#133829 July 11th, 2005 at 08:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ginger!!!! Congratulations to you.....Another little one.....that's so exciting!

Sorry to hear that you have gestational diabetes, take good care of yourself okay?

laura

Link Copied to Clipboard