This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13340 December 29th, 2003 at 01:40 AM
T
tferri Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi all, I just got a bamboo plant for Christmas and I was looking for some general care advice. Thanks, Tom

#13341 December 29th, 2003 at 02:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey tom, been a while since you posted. glad to see you back! i am guessing that the bamboo plant you got was one of those lucky bamboo's that are so popular right now. they are fairly easy to care for, general instructions include keeping the water covering the roots until you decide to plant it in soil. giving it good light (an unobstructed north window is enough, but more is better as long as it isn't in direct sun) and rotating in regularly to keep the growth straight are about all that is needed. I personally planted mine in soil, but had to take it back out because i over watered it and the roots started to rot, shocked but that is just me. it is fine now, back in water and in a northeast window. good luck with yours and have a great new year.
oh, and if you do a forum search on bamboo, you will find lots more info.

#13342 December 30th, 2003 at 12:36 AM
T
tferri Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you for the info. I got this plant and it is not looking all that healthy. It is in a very small pot that I guess from your info is just water. I guess i will just put it in a north window for a while and see how it does. It has been a while since I have been to this site. I had it in my favorites and I am glad that I did. Thanks again, Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard