This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133386 June 9th, 2005 at 03:44 AM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Guys,
I talked with my MIL today(she's in SC) and she gave me some not-so good news... My husband's younger brother is in bad shape. It seems as though he has suffered a severe heart attack that the drs say should have taken him but it didn't. Even so, he is now totally disabled and needs a transplant. There is a type of ventricular surgery that a dr. in New York has been doing that might help but they will only do it if he has no other health problems. Without any surgery he only has about 4 or 5 yrs left if he's lucky. Its real hard on him and the family right now especially since they just lost another member to a heart attack Friday. So if you all might make room for another name on your prayer list I would appreciate it.(His name is Jim.) This is a sensitive subject for me since I lost my dad to heart failure when he was 55. So when I hear about this kind of illness I get real anxious. So if you don't mind keep us on your prayer list too.

#133387 June 9th, 2005 at 03:51 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
You got it Tricia. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as well and jim as my friend JV.

#133388 June 9th, 2005 at 04:29 AM
Meg Offline
Gosh Tricia, that's so rough.. how old is he? I do hope he can get the surgery, and that it helps. My thoughts & prayers with you & yours.

Meg

#133389 June 9th, 2005 at 04:34 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
angell Tric...I always keep a special "forum" list...you & your family will be added to it. I know that waiting for a transplant is a battle all in itself! angell

#133390 June 9th, 2005 at 04:35 AM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks TK and Meg--
He's around the age of 45 or 46 I think. I know he's about 10 years younger than my husband.

Thankyou too Vanessa...

#133391 June 9th, 2005 at 05:13 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
So if you all might make room for another name on your prayer list
Tricia...
There's always enough room on everyone's prayer list here. Trust me...I know!

Heart disease has been a problem in my family also...my dad lost his dad to heart disease when his dad was only 31 years old. My dad was only 11 at the time, so he never got to really know his dad. He still grieves for that...and he's almost 70 years old.
That was a long time ago when his dad died...and a lot has happened since then. The stuff they do now is far beyond the wildest dreams of what they would have dreamed back then. (A transplant back then would have been like something in a science fiction movie.)

I have the heart problem, too...but medical stuff has become so advanced...I don't worry about it much...just take my medicine everyday.

A transplant would be a wonderful gift for your brother-in-law. I hope that everyone who reads this thinks about what a great gift that is, and makes sure that they make the proper arrangements, so that if anyone can be helped by their gift...

...it might be one of our forum friends.

You never know.

Prayers for you and your family, Tricia...

Cindy

#133392 June 9th, 2005 at 06:35 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I am a donor. I have a living will and a designated power of attorney for medical issues. That way I know whatever I have that can help someone else will be used. When my son Branden died, we donated. We heard a bit about the people who recieved organs and corneas. It felt like my son lived for something. he was only 6 when he died.

I liked the idea of keeping a special list. So you Tricia and your family and your bil Jim are on it....as well as Jimmy, Cindy, and whoever needs a prayer tonight.

#133393 June 9th, 2005 at 02:27 PM
Tricia, prayers are on the way to Heaven right now for the whole family. I know how hard that situation is. My aunt was a heart recipient and a close friend was a kidney recipient. Donations gave us more years with them.

With my health history, I don't know if any of my organs/tissues could be used, but I am a donor, also. Transplants buy more time in life. I will be praying for Jim that God will meet his needs.

Fernie, bless you. At one of the hardest times in your life, you gave someone else a chance at life through your son. What a beautiful gift.

Dianna

#133394 June 9th, 2005 at 02:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of my prayers are going out to Jim grinnnn

#133395 June 9th, 2005 at 03:01 PM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
My very DEAREST & SINCEREST THANKS to all of you who have posted so far and to all of you who are to come. Your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes are truly appreciated. They mean so much.

#133396 June 9th, 2005 at 05:24 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
My sister~in~law was on the list for needing
bone marrow...
It is a very special gift when someone can do
something for someone else like that...

I think GOD had special plan when he made
strangers compatable!!!!

Will keep him in our prayers tonight!!! kissies

#133397 June 10th, 2005 at 08:10 AM
prayers will be said. I hope everything goes well for him and the rest of the family and everyone else who is ill.

#133398 June 11th, 2005 at 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
prayers from georgia too...

#133399 June 11th, 2005 at 03:53 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Tricia all my prayers with your bil and your whole family. We donated my Granddaughters organs when she was killed. I have a booklet that was made in honor of her and all donors in DFW area. My son met the recpient said it was hard but he is glad someone got good use out of all of them. Heart and kidneys etc went to four different people they were all young so Amanda lives on in them. God bless you all. I encourage everyone to become a donor of some kind just look at the lives we could prolong if we all joined in. I am a registered blood donor but right now they wont let me donate.
Jimmy

Link Copied to Clipboard