This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133096 May 10th, 2005 at 01:09 PM
tamara Offline OP
OP Offline
Well Weezie, I hit that garden centre. I bought earth, mulch, fertilizer and seeds with the money teen daughter gave me for mother's day. She wasn't too pleased though, I heard her complaining to her father last night, "I can't believe I gave her my two weeks allowance and she spent it on dirt, dirt I tell ya dad, the woman's crazy". He had quite a laugh.

I love the smell of that place with the humidity and flowers surrounding me, I go over just to chat with the owner, her husband and sis-in-laws. It's family run so they are not hiring eek . I can't wait til the frost is done so I can get my hanging basket, sweet peas, potulacas, wave petunias, zinnias, and everything else that I see blooming.

DH told me this morning if you want something from the garden centre , just take some money from the drawer. Oh, he's gonna be sorry. laugh

#133097 May 10th, 2005 at 03:29 PM
S
S
I know i am just as bad...I go to the garden centres in the winter to smell wet dirt.

My mothers day money is going on a saucer magnolia, i am picking it up today woohoo

#133098 May 10th, 2005 at 05:01 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...I go to the garden centres in the winter to smell wet dirt.
laugh thumbup
I started to say that maybe we need to start a 12 Step program here for gardening addiction...but, I don't think anyone wants to STOP!

Think I'll go outside and smell some dirt!
grinnnn
(...and cut a big bouquet of peonies and irises!)

Cindy

#133099 May 10th, 2005 at 06:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tamara, I totally understand how you feel....there's nothing better than standing in the middle of a greenhouse surrounded by tons of flowers and plants...... flw

I just went to our local greenhouse yesterday and bough sixteen 6 packs of flower.....so 96 plants in total....and a big bag of dirt!!! I had such a good time last night planting them all and get my hands in the dirt.....

DH told me this morning if you want something from the garden centre , just take some money from the drawer. Oh, he's gonna be sorry.
Mark would never tell me to take money to buy flowers...He knows I'm an addict, and that I'd clean us out of any money we have.... laugh The other day we were getting out of his truck and walking by the plants that were outside of walmart and he said to me--"Just don't look--turn your head the other way"..... laugh

#133100 May 10th, 2005 at 07:14 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Ah Loz,

You have a good one. That was so sweet of him to understand.

#133101 May 10th, 2005 at 07:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have a good one. That was so sweet of him to understand.
He understands alright, he understands that it will hurt his wallet if I look at them..... laugh :p

Actually he's really good about my gardening obsession.....he'll even walk around while I tell him the names of all the plant and show him how pretty they all are(probably bores him, but at least he acts interested)......Last year he even noticed that the plants were bigger and healthier looking and asked me how I got them to look so nice....Told him it was the Miracle Grow, and ever since then he keeps us stocked up with it smile ......For him to actually notice that the plants looked better was a huge deal to me....shows he ways paying some attention! thumbup

#133102 May 10th, 2005 at 08:56 PM
i think i'm a gardeningaholic laugh laugh
i'm leaving my job to garden full time wink
i'm going have my greenhouse soon so i'm going to grow plants for a living i think thumbup laugh

#133103 May 10th, 2005 at 09:25 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Go for it Phoenix thumbup

Enjoy!!!!

#133104 May 10th, 2005 at 09:26 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Think I'll go outside and smell some dirt!

(...and cut a big bouquet of peonies and irises!)
Why smell dirt when you can take a BIG OL' WHIFF of those peonies? Aren't they they best? I had a friend bring me a big bouquet of them one time and they made the whole house smell wonderful. flw

#133105 May 10th, 2005 at 11:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phoenix, does Jeff like to garden too or do you take care of the gardening yourself????? wavey

#133106 May 11th, 2005 at 03:08 AM
Meg Offline
Pheonix, I'm jealous, tho I don't have any room for a greenhouse..lol.

Ya know, Loz asked if Jeff was interested in any gardening or if it's just you.. that makes me want to throw in my answer.. Steve could care less, and he thinks I'm off my rocker flw

Meg

#133107 May 11th, 2005 at 03:43 PM
thumbup luv
HE IS WONDERFUL TO ME luv i dont really have room for the greenhouse (it's not the biggest one that he purchased) he thinks i might be disappointed. i told him NO WAY it's still a greenhouse and hey, i don't have one NOW do i.
hey the dude bought me a greenhouse (without me asking for it) that means alot. i cant wait to leave here(very unhappy) the only thing that stinks is i wont have a cell phone for about 2 weeks (actually that could be a good thing)i may not be on the site much today there is going to be a few people here from the main office. and "surfing the net" is against company policy...blah blah blah. they can kiss my buttons.
if i don't "talk" to y'all that much i'll be on the site all day tomorrow. i'll be home tomorrow and on my home pc wink so i hope you all have a great day i'll "cruise" the forum until "THEY" get here eek

#133108 May 11th, 2005 at 05:25 PM
Meg Offline
Awwwe, that's so sweet! Sounds like you got a keeper! thumbup I'm lucky too in that Steve has always been a hard worker to support us. He worked 2 jobs so I could stay home with the kids.. and now he commutes almost 90 minutes each way. *sigh* I am starting to really dislike my current job. I wish I could afford to not work at all, but my job is the gas/groceries/spending money, while his pays the bills. At least I have a flexible job.. (I work for friends that sell on ebay, part time-ish, and I can take off when I want and if the kids are off, sick, etc.. I can either take them with me, or just not go to work) but it is getting tiresome after nearly 3 years. Packing computers, monitors, BIG a$$ printers, and an assortment of other stuff.. starting to take it's toll on me. Maybe if I get this gardening thing down, I can open a roadside stand too! laugh grinnnn

Tell work you're busy & to leave you alone while you're workin on the puter! wink laugh

Meg

#133109 May 11th, 2005 at 06:39 PM
Jim always parks close to the gardening center in WalMart. He knows that my first and last stop will be looking at plants. Gotta love those guys! cool

Dianna

#133110 May 11th, 2005 at 07:47 PM
Tell work you're busy & to leave you alone while you're workin on the puter
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha ha ha hah ahhh gee that was funny.
they would see its not work related. i wish i could . they just went to lunch (didn't ask me if i wanted to go or needed anything :p )

#133111 May 11th, 2005 at 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phoenix........really does sound like you have a good guy there smile .......Marks really good about parking near the garden center too Dianna, but I must say that by the end of summer when I'm still buying plants and sneaking them in the beds he gets a little exasperated......Last year I heard "Don't we have enough flowers??" several times........ laugh :p I always say nope, if I can fit them in the bed somewhere then I don't have enough. I really can't leave the garden centers or nursery empty handed.....I just can't....I don't have that kind of willpower....lol

And Phoenix, how unconsiderate of them to take off for lunch and not ask you if you wanted to go too frown .....I worked with people like that before, and I'd just ignore them......never wanted them to know that they got under my skin.....

Link Copied to Clipboard