This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#132523 November 2nd, 2005 at 08:19 AM
J
jogger Offline OP
OP Offline
J
They are in the USA for 8Days.
What are your impression's of Camilla?.
Will not tell you mine, do not want to bias you, honest opinion's only. Looking forward to this.

#132524 November 2nd, 2005 at 08:27 AM
I do not know much about her...but have heard some tid bits on TV. From what I've heard, she's a bit stuck up. I often wonder if she is trying to fill Pricess Diana's shoes. I found it VERY interesting that the queen didn't go to their wedding! Kind of tells ya somethin' , right?

#132525 November 2nd, 2005 at 08:30 AM
Jogger, you're kidding, right?

Merme

#132526 November 2nd, 2005 at 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She'll never fill the shoes...if you want my honest opinion since I do keep up on such things since I'm English I have to say I don't like her....She's horsey looking and plain....I know, I'm judging from appearances since I don't really know her---but come on--no way is she going to be as accepted by the public as Princess Diana was...

#132527 November 2nd, 2005 at 09:48 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
She's horsey looking and plain
Where's that finger wavin' gremalin...
Shouldn't judge a book by it's cover there, Laura..

From what I understand.. they were in love,
long before Dianna came along... but Charles
was forbid to marry/court her....because she was
married and divorced...

And Dianna was chosen for several reason's..
Siring *breeding* for babies for the monarchy,
and her blood line..and so that people would like Charles better than they did....when he became King, cause his personality kinda s#cked..

But, I think there's alot to do with the Queen..
and how she feels one should act on the throne..
in fear of having the people do away with the "royality" because if there weren't tourists to visit and make some kind of $$ off of them,
they'd have been done away with long ago...
And how Charles wanted to act or do...
I think he was/is stuck between a rock and a hard place... I think he's not that out going and really gets tired of the hoop~la and living his life in a glass house so to speak..

I am very sadden how events turned out for Dianna, and the boys.. Very sad indeed..
She (Dianna) was a victim/pawn in the whole ordeal.. but I think she came out the wiser of it...

Alot has to do with protocol and not wanting to get bumped off the monarchy and what they think they should do in the palace and what the people would think is okay!!!

But I think she's (Camila) is doing okay.. they can't please everyone all the time... they look happy, finally.

It seems as if the boys like her..and is happy for their father too...

Okay Doreen, what's your take on it...?????

#132528 November 2nd, 2005 at 09:54 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...and I am stayin' out of this one! laugh thumbup p

#132529 November 2nd, 2005 at 11:08 AM
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
...and I am stayin' out of this one! laugh thumbup p
Me, too!

Dianna

#132530 November 2nd, 2005 at 12:13 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
You can finger your waving gremlin at me all you want but that is one UGGGGGGLy broad. My Iguana;s are a lot prettier then she is. I have heard her called horse face that is not true a horse does not have a face that long and ugly. I always kissed my Horses but I would never kiss this woman. Sorry weezie, jogger remember YOU ASK FOR IT! laugh
Jimmy

#132531 November 2nd, 2005 at 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot:
... and I am stayin' out of this one laugh thumbup p

So am I mad

#132532 November 2nd, 2005 at 08:32 PM
You can finger your waving gremlin at me all you want but that is one UGGGGGGLy broad. My Iguana;s are a lot prettier then she is. I have heard her called horse face that is not true a horse does not have a face that long and ugly. I always kissed my Horses but I would never kiss this woman. Sorry weezie, jogger remember YOU ASK FOR IT!
laugh laugh laugh You are so funny, Jimmy

Jogger, nice to see you here, haven't much lately . I think Camilla is a woman just like you and me trying to make a life, truly in love with Charles, God only knows why, he's not that easy to look at either.

Dianna was never Charles' princess, she was ours and the children's that she aided and she was treated badly by the "royal" family. She rose above it and was truly a beautiful and yet troubled person. It didn't work out for her and Charles, and I hope he can be happy now with Camilla, and he seems to be a better father now. I hope his boys find happiness .

#132533 November 2nd, 2005 at 10:11 PM
Can you believe that they stayed in the SAME place that Diana always stayed at in New York!?!?!? WHAT were they thinking!?

#132534 November 3rd, 2005 at 04:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's that finger wavin' gremalin...
Shouldn't judge a book by it's cover there, Laura..
I know, I try not to judge by appearances--really, I'm sure that she might be a very nice woman....it's just comparable to Diana she IS horsey and plain....But like I said she may be really nice....I did see a picture of her on the View this morning when she was 18 and she was pretty back then actually. And it's not even her body/face....a lot of the problem is her clothes.....some of them are horrible!!! If I were in the publics eye all the time I'd be dressing to the nines.

#132535 November 3rd, 2005 at 07:21 AM
Did you hear that she brough 50 outfits for the 8 days that she's here!?!?!?!? I saw a clip on TV lastnight and I agree, I wasn't very impressed with how she was dressed.

#132536 November 3rd, 2005 at 08:08 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Don't worry, Jogger. We'll make sure they don't make it back to England.

#132537 November 3rd, 2005 at 10:43 AM
They have loved each other for years. Not "allowed" to be married when they were young. Can you imagine having to wait your whole life for your parent to die or step down before you can do what you have been trained to do for your whole life? Then have your wife picked our for you? Personally I don't give a d###n about royalty but I do think that Camillia is getting the -I was going to say short stick-but I am afraid that Cindy is going to jump on that one! It seems to me that they are finally together and happy. AndI wish them both well.

#132538 November 3rd, 2005 at 10:54 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
but I am afraid that Cindy is going to jump on that one!
Cindy has had very good self-control on this topic! grinnnn
Bill should give me 2 extra points for this! laugh

Cindy angell

#132539 November 3rd, 2005 at 11:12 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Bill should give me 2 extra points for this!
Heck no, he's taking 5 points away for that... p

#132540 November 3rd, 2005 at 11:17 AM
wavey Just my crude American opinion here.

I don't care.

The rich and famous always piss me off.
They have never had to work a day in their life.

Then............boo hoo........they have no privacy.

I felt Love and admiration for Princess Diana because of her humanitarian efforts.

#132541 November 3rd, 2005 at 03:24 PM
I kinda agree with Moondance and Duckie. Never cared about royalty, never cared about the whole Charles and Di thing. I hate seeing royal stuff on the news as much as I hate seeing more crap about the Kennedys or whoever else.

That being said, though, it does seem like they're in love, and it would completely suck to not be "allowed" to be with the person you loved for years and years.

But then, he could have abdicated if he really really wanted to marry here, right? Isn't that what some royal person did to marry Wallis Simpson? (Is that right? I don't know exactly who, because I've only heard my mom talk about it, I think.)

#132542 November 3rd, 2005 at 08:46 PM
I'm with Duckie,

and I'll leave it at that. p grinnnn

#132543 November 3rd, 2005 at 09:12 PM
Please mind my ignorance but how is the Royal Family related to the United States....like...do they have anything to do with the States. I'm only asking because I don't know. The Canadians were once under British rule, yet, we don't make a big deal about the Royal Family at all. I could care less. I don't even know what Camilla looks like.

Christina

#132544 November 3rd, 2005 at 09:20 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
[Linked Image]

#132545 November 3rd, 2005 at 09:22 PM
LOL!! Thanx Afgrey.......now I think I have seen her...I definitely recognize her.
Christina

#132546 November 3rd, 2005 at 09:26 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
:rolleyes: Well...I was headed back here to delete that picture before anyone saw it...I said I was keeping quiet on this topic. But, you provoked me! laugh

Cindy Jo

#132547 November 3rd, 2005 at 09:51 PM
CINDY!
Here I thought I might just drop in someplace..after being gone so long... and what do I find? You... being ... 'so exquisitly you'!!! <Nice!>

You know I'm going to have to come back tonight when i have time to see what havok is about! (and how much as the AfGreyParrot fingerprint alllllllll over it!) thumbup

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard