This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#132474 February 28th, 2005 at 06:06 PM
Prayers are still be said for you, Merme!

Dianna

#132475 February 28th, 2005 at 08:27 PM
Thank you so much, Cindy, for posting that link to Merme's hospital email. I sent her a little note to let her know I was thinking of her. Hopefully we'll hear something in the next few days. luv luv luv

#132476 March 1st, 2005 at 02:17 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all ~ wavey

They let me up a little sooner than expected and so I couldn't wait to come out to the solarium and post a note to you guys! kissies

Merme

#132477 March 1st, 2005 at 04:39 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
a special Easter Basket for Maxi
That is so sweet!

So glad to hear you are doing so well, Merme.
Now, ain't ya glad you didn't leave? kissies
Cindy

#132478 March 1st, 2005 at 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to go, Merme! thumbup

You'll be home pain-free before you know it. angell Keep on getting better!

Cricket

#132479 March 1st, 2005 at 02:32 PM
I am so glad that Dr. Burkey was able to be in there for you. I know that it was a relief to you with all the problems that you have been having. grinnnn At least you knew that he was very familiar with your heart and the special circumstances with it.

We are all still praying for you and wishing you a speedy recovery. You will be home with Maxi in no time at all.

Dianna

#132480 March 1st, 2005 at 05:06 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Yes, Merme, glad to hear all is going
well for you!!!!
Sent another message to your hospitol...
That is so neat to be able to do that!
What a nice hospitol!!!
And doctor...

Keep getting better and rest up!!!

Weezie

#132481 March 1st, 2005 at 05:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies way to go, so glad you did and are doing well thumbup

#132482 March 1st, 2005 at 05:54 PM
clpMerme,
So very glad it all went well for you and to be pain free is such a wonderful thing I am sure... hope you are able to get home on time but staying put will be good if the snow is flying- wish I could send you our weather- in the 50's this week- hard to believe last yr this time we had 2 ft of snow.... shhh could still happen.....
So glad Maxi will have a suprise basket too- so very nice of your friends at the hospital- and so glad your Dr could make it- all things happen for reasons- delay just long enough for him to make it and you to do so wonderfully------ so happy for you.....
Take care and hope you are home soon- will send you pics of the new little one - he is a doll and so very little....

#132483 March 1st, 2005 at 06:00 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Nana's11,
I forgot, I wanted also to CONGRATULATE you
on your new Grand~Wee~One there!!!
What a blessing those little one's are,
aren't they!!!!

Enjoy your time with them, they grow sooooooo fast!

Weezie

#132484 March 1st, 2005 at 06:46 PM
Thanks Weezie,
Yes we do enjoy our grands- he is number 13 for us- really need to change my name here.... my sons g/f is also expecting- twin boys- they may be born soon he just called and said she is having contractions again- has been in hosptital for awhile now- she is only in her 28th week so we are hoping they can stop it again- though the Dr think babies are fine- just little- 2 lbs apiece right now--- hope she can hold on a little longer too- longer the better I think...
say a little prayer for us if you will - need all we can get for them.
Thanks Nana (soon to be 15)

#132485 March 1st, 2005 at 07:51 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, ok, so I was laying in bed minding my own business, having a touch of the "blues" because the doc said I can't go home until tomorrow, Wednesday. So then a volunteer came waltzing in with yet another HUGE STACK of emails from all of you!!! You guys are the best!

The dye that is used during angioplasty with stent placement can be tough for my kidneys to process and eliminate, so unfortunately all the numbers that indicate how well I'm unloading the stuff keep rising, so my docs are a wee bit scared. Hopefully, tomorrow we'll see the numbers falling and then everyone will be happy and I'll be dancing in the streets on my way back to the beach.

Big snows, big winds meantime and I am 9 stories up watching the show. Interesting!

Love,
Merme

#132486 March 2nd, 2005 at 02:54 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
GREAT NEWS the test result numbers have come down nicely just as they should and I am cleared to go home today -- just as soon as we can arrange a ride.

I sat up most of the night by the window overlooking the city toward the west, watching the second night of the storm. What a wondrous looking world the snow makes, doesn't it?

So now I'm off for breakfast, and real clothes and shoes and TTFN to all my pals at the hospital. Can't wait to meet up with all of you from my own little borrowed-from-Maxi desk at home! thumbup It's seems like there is lots to catch up on that I missed while I've been away! Anybody in a really gabby mood today?! gab

Merme

#132487 March 2nd, 2005 at 03:13 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Merme,
I'm always in a gab mood,
it's time that gets the best of me... shocked

Goooooooooood news that you're coming home.
It's always nice to be back in your own
sheets and pillows!!!

We got alot of snow here, shoveled a bunch of times and then went out at 8:00pm and snowblowed
both driveways....
We looked out the windows this morning and looked
at each other and said we have to do that all over again tonight, lot's of snow over night, and more called for today...

Let us know when you get home, safe and sound!!!

Weezie

#132488 March 2nd, 2005 at 05:39 PM
wavey Merme,
I am so happy you get to go home today- hope the snow doesn't make it hard for you to get there ....know you will feel so much better at home....

I will be here most of today I think- one of Carrie's boys has the flu though so they may need me to watch the others if they have to take him to the Dr today--- he was really miserable yesterday- so hoping he feels better today... not good with the new little one but can't be helped --just good ole life happening.

#132489 March 2nd, 2005 at 09:30 PM
J
J
Merme, so glad its good news.
When you get home, just switch on the computer, then you will really know you are home.
Doreen kissies thumbup flw

#132490 March 2nd, 2005 at 11:30 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Been wondering all day if you got to make it home yet or not???
How's the weather????

How you feelin'!!!

Weezie

#132491 March 3rd, 2005 at 12:33 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Weezie ~

I made it home okay earlier this morning and am so glad, so glad! to be home again. I posted a new thread "Hi Honey" to say I was back. I even tried phoning Cindy Who Who because I got such a kick out of the message she left me on the answering machine...what a terrific accent that lady has got!!

So of course I over did it all day and I'm sore and tired tonight. They warned me to take it slow because both femoral arteries have to heal from the puncture incisions and of course the stent also has to heal, but I was excited to be home and forgot the rules. Yipes.

Maxi will be home in a few minutes and I can't wait to see the kid. Edward's girlfriend is picking up dinner on the way so I won't have to cook.

There was a pile of mail waiting for my return and I learned that my appeal hearing for the home health services is scheduled for March 8th and I'm glad it is coming up soon. My lawyer is out of town until March 7th, so I'm hoping one of his partners will step in to get up to speed on the case ahead of time.

Gosh, it is good to be home. And if anyone sees Miss Bess of The Piedmont, tell her there is Earl Grey in my cup tonight.

kissies

Merme

#132492 March 3rd, 2005 at 02:48 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
tried phoning Cindy Who Who because I got such a kick out of the message she left me on the answering machine...what a terrific accent that lady has got!!
ME? ? ? ? ? Duh
No, no, no! frown
It's all the rest of ya'll that have an "accent"! laugh

You have a slight accent, Jiffy sounded just fine to me, Bill and Cricket have a little bit of an "accent" thing going on there, and Melcon has a major accent! (You can tell SHE ain't from around here!) kissies

Cindy

#132493 March 3rd, 2005 at 03:00 AM
WHAT !!!! Na ah, no I don't , do I ? laugh I have to say I was enchanted with your southern drawl when we chatted , I was shocked because all this time I hadn't been reading your posts with a Southern accent, but now I do! Duh ! Merme doesn't have a Mainer accent, she has a nice broadcaster voice. Hey Merme ,ever think of doing a radio show??

#132494 March 3rd, 2005 at 03:42 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Merme doesn't have a Mainer accent, she has a nice broadcaster voice.
You know, that's very true! That's actually the first thing I thought today when she left the message on my answering machine. It was like "Whoa! Nice voice Merme's got goin' on there!"

I was enchanted with your southern drawl when we chatted
shocked What a nice way to put it! "Southern Draaaaawl"! laugh
Are my posts any better when you read them with a southern accent?
(This is cracking me up!)

Gee... nutz I might be able to make a little extra money by selling my phone number to the "curious" on the forum who want to hear me talk now!

Cindy (Ellie Mae) laugh

#132495 March 3rd, 2005 at 03:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill and Cricket have a little bit of an "accent" thing going on there
I don't know about Bill, but no one has ever told me I have an accent, eh! (except when I unconsciously pick up on other people's speech patterns - honestly, I'm not mimicking you if we spend more than 5 min chatting! laugh )

I might be able to make a little extra money by selling my phone number to the "curious" on the forum who want to hear me talk now!
Like a 900 number? lala

#132496 March 3rd, 2005 at 03:54 AM
muggs Evening Merme,
Later for you but maybe your will see this in the morning.... so glad you made it home- and do hope you rest up now--- no overdoing it though I know how hard it must be not to when you feel so much better.... Hi to Maxi too...... now take care and rest up!
love ya Nana

#132497 March 3rd, 2005 at 04:19 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I don't about Bill, but no one has ever told me I have an accent, eh!
It's not really an "accent" so to speak.
Can't quite put my finger on it... nutz
I guess ya'll just talk normal, and it's different to me 'cause I have this "drawl" I'm sorta used to hearing all the time! laugh

I'd call Merme right now if I knew she wasn't laying down or something. Just so we could listen to each other "talk"! laugh

#132498 March 3rd, 2005 at 05:22 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Okay, I just have to chime in here on the accent thing...(which is totally off the subject here)
I ALWAYS get "accused" of having an accent...but it really hit me hard when my former last name was Bell and when I would tell people they would write BALE.....that's pretty crazy!!!!!!! Guess I do kinda have that DDRRAAAWWWWWWWL........

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard