This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#131893 January 4th, 2005 at 07:44 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh laugh laugh

thumbup

#131894 January 4th, 2005 at 08:09 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Well the best thing to do if you don't wana get ur feet or shoes all icky is to:

1. Bring tissues *leaves are icky and covered in bugs*
2. Find two objects of equal height that you can "position yourself" on shoulderwidth apart.

Then just the things you found will get messy smile Women's survival! woo!!!

~Phoebe

#131895 January 4th, 2005 at 08:24 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Just think Cindy..when you get your grant you already have WONDERFUL resources (us)to help you out! laugh laugh laugh

#131896 January 4th, 2005 at 09:31 PM
ooooooh hand sanitizer love that stuff..and they are starting to put in all the public restrooms around here.

think they are trying to tell us something?? Duh

I like the places where they make them wear the gloves. wink

#131897 January 4th, 2005 at 09:34 PM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Just think Cindy..when you get your grant you already have WONDERFUL resources (us)to help you out!
Yeah, and you can study what kind of twisted personality goes against every other person here and says UNDER. Duh thumbup

#131898 January 4th, 2005 at 11:32 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Try to position yourself upstream or up over a ledge.
OMG! laugh I am laughing so hard, thinking about another story. I would never tell this one to ANYONE in a million years, but, I swear, one of these days I'm gonna change my name and write a "tell all" book about myself. laugh shocked
Just gotta think of a catchy title for it... nutz

Cindy

#131899 January 4th, 2005 at 11:46 PM
Traveling in Europe & Great Britian as a young woman was rather an eye opening experience in the bathroom department....

First there was the differences in TP itself, in some countries it was just like WAX PAPER -- now I ask you, what's up with that? And in other countries it was more like crepe paper. frown Either way, I was glad when my family mailed me a roll of American TP.

Second, there was the unusual style of public facilities. The ones in Florence were the WORST. You paid to get in, and you had to pay because the female attendant guarded the door. So you pay your confusing amount of money to get in the door only to find out it is ONE LARGE ROOM WITH NO DIVIDERS! And, by the way, NO TOILETS, EITHER! eek

Nope. Not a toilet in sight...just holes in the floor in tidy rows, and each hole had two foot-shaped indentations on either side where you were supposed to put your feet so you could squat with all the other squatting women under the watchful eye of the attendant....

Of course, the men had an even more unusual option....the urinals were built in -- right into the sides of buildings -- and again, no walls or screens. You'd just be walking down any old sidewalk and see guys facing the wall. shocked

I didn't say much, considering that some of those urinals (and even the cow troughs in Switzerland) were older than our entire country, but I walked around a bit dazed. Maybe from holding it all over Europe. I decided to wait "til I got home" the following year.... laugh laugh

Merme

#131900 January 4th, 2005 at 11:58 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Where did it all GO? Duh
Like, did they have a sewage system that flushed everything somewhere?

frown

#131901 January 5th, 2005 at 09:33 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Where did it go...shoot, I would be so SHOCKED about walking by a bunch of men with their toto's hangin out that I wouldn't CARE where it went! OMG..... shocked

#131902 January 5th, 2005 at 09:34 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
AND....squatting and trying to hit those little hole....I would still be there cause I couldn't get UP!!!! Okay...I'm staying home!

#131903 January 5th, 2005 at 03:25 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
walking by a bunch of men with their toto's hangin out
...brings to mind the local livestock auction parking lot the first Tuesday of the month.
shocked lala

#131904 January 5th, 2005 at 07:20 PM
If I were squatting to "eliminate my waste", I would probably fall in and eliminate myself! laugh

My fiance' was stationed in Germany for a while when he was active in the Air Force. He said it was nothing to see some lady on the side of the road with her dress scooped up to use the bathroom. I believe it would cause a lot of wrecks here in the US with all the rubbernecking we Americans do. wink

Dianna

#131905 January 6th, 2005 at 02:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, gotta comment on this one now...

in the orient, there are two schools of thought.

in the poorer countries it is not uncommon to see anyone just squatting or letting it all hang out. the open sewer troughs are horrible and it just drains in the the local rivers... hence the disease rates in some of the countries.

in the countries that are better off (and the "better off" areas of the poorer countries) there are usually 2 kinds of facilities. the "standard, local" ones - either a hole or a toilet with no seat to squat over and ones labeled "american style facilities (or toilet, or comfort room, or what ever). those have real toilets, toilet seats, and a sign on the door of the stall requesting the locals to "please do not stand on the toilet seat. if you feel the need to squat, please raise the seat"

so, there! laugh laugh laugh

#131906 January 6th, 2005 at 03:23 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Man, you guys come up with some weird stuff to talk about when you can't get outside and work in your gardens! laugh

Cindy

#131907 January 6th, 2005 at 03:28 AM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
Man, you guys come up with some weird stuff to talk about when you can't get outside and work in your gardens! laugh

Cindy
Oh yeah, like you don't come up with weird stuff! Huh!!! lala laugh laugh

#131908 January 6th, 2005 at 03:33 AM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
their toto's hangin out
I'm still cracking up about that one! laugh laugh laugh I never heard them called that before. laugh laugh laugh

#131909 January 6th, 2005 at 03:42 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Me? Duh
WEIRD stuff? nutz

You must have me confused with someone else! laugh

Cindy

#131910 January 6th, 2005 at 04:40 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Foreign Countries my foot...I saw a woman walking doen the street in New York and she just stopped (with the red light) and squatted and ..well...trust me, it was GROSS!!! It didn't seem to bother anyone around...EXCEPT ME....I was totally shocked. Now, at deer camp I might expect something of that nature....

Toto's....well, that was just something I had to come up with quick when my oldest was a baby..for some reason he wanted to call it a "pee pee stick" Duh

#131911 January 6th, 2005 at 08:45 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
This entire post is about going to the bathroom flw

~Phoebe

#131912 January 29th, 2005 at 04:48 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Mel I am flushing this thread to the archive...and having the last final word.....T.P. HANGS OVER THE ROLL and a triangle at the end after cleaning the bathroom is a must!!! laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard