This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131301 July 14th, 2005 at 09:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First stop - London Kentucky... (midnight, June 30)

I saw Cindy
(at midnight, my fault shocked she said she looked terrible, but wouldn't anyone who was drug out of bed to hang out at a truck stop for 2 hours? laugh laugh )
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#131302 July 14th, 2005 at 09:54 PM
Jiffy! You are back, thank God!

Oh how you've been missed!!!!

Yipeee!

flw flw flw flw

Merme

#131303 July 14th, 2005 at 09:54 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
but wouldn't anyone who was drug out of bed to hang out at a truck stop for 2 hours?
I usually hang out at the truck stop for more than 2 hours...
...but I dress different lala and wear a lot of make-up on those occasions!
laugh shocked laugh

#131304 July 14th, 2005 at 10:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the next stop was Anderson Indiana for a wedding that i was in, that actually caused the trip in the first place... for those of you who don't know, anderson is just north east of indianapolis...

myself & the groomsman i walked with...
[Linked Image]

#131305 July 14th, 2005 at 10:14 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
From overalls to a formal gown! thumbup
That guy ain't too bad lookin', either! smile

#131306 July 14th, 2005 at 10:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You 3 are a good looking bunch! kissies

I love seeing pictures of everyone!

#131307 July 14th, 2005 at 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, i got the best looking groomsman to walk with, so i'm not complaining, and scott actually took that picture with my camera.

shocked and thank you all for the compliments. as soon as this computer quits misbehaving, i'll post a pic or two from the last stop.

#131308 July 14th, 2005 at 10:24 PM
I can't believe Cindy wasn't up playing on the forum at midnight! I thought she was a regular night owl.

Good to see you back, Jiffy! I agree with Laura. The whole group of you are a good-lookin' bunch!

That is a pretty dress you are wearing in the wedding pic. Was that a red parasol you were carrying?

Dianna

#131309 July 14th, 2005 at 10:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh good...more pics... smile

Did you get to help pick out the dress? It's really pretty......something that I wouldn't mind wearing myself...usually you end up with some really expensive terrible looking thing....LOL

#131310 July 15th, 2005 at 12:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, i'll have to tell y'all the story of the dress, y'all will love it. Valerie (my friend and "adopted" little sister) was the bride. she asked me about being in the wedding and was all apologetic about not asking me to be "matron of honor" (her little sister was - although more than one person at the wedding called me that) and told me she didn't care what i wore as long as it was a black evening gown.

well, i had gotten 2 dresses off a clearance rack years ago for $78 + tax. a steal.

well, one of them i ended up wearing for my daughter's wedding in nov 2003. still had the tags on it when i took it out of the bag for the wedding. the other one was in the bag still. about a month before this wedding i dug it out because i knew it was black and floor length. turned out to be a jessica mclintock and was PERFECT. matched the other bridesmaids beautifully. all i had to do was find a wrap (sears $20) and shoes (sears again $27 - matched the dress perfectly - right down to the sparkles on one band and satiny smooth on the other - another clearance rack find).

when i got around to pulling the tags off the dress, i discovered the total of the 2 dresses retail was over $450 shk

I am a very blessed person.

even though, i prefer my overall's and actually, those overalls cost more than the dress did! laugh laugh

#131311 July 15th, 2005 at 12:29 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
omg that's so cool that people meet on the forum ^.^ *hops* one big happy family! I'm like totally scared of meeting someone i met online o.O its like "DAH! YOU'RE FROM KENTUCKIE!!!" *hides*

~Phoebe

#131312 July 15th, 2005 at 12:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh laugh pheobe... i get such a giggle about how folks think my accent is so "normal" they don't know i am really a ventriloquist and learned to "speak native" laugh laugh really, it's all the years moving around and having different friends from all over the us and the world.

#131313 July 15th, 2005 at 01:57 AM
$78 + tax
Now you REALLY need to come here for a visit!!! We don't pay sales tax on clothes!! laugh

The dress is gorgeous!

#131314 July 15th, 2005 at 03:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jiffy, you could go bargain shopping with me anytime!!!!!!!

#131315 July 15th, 2005 at 08:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
final installment: romeoville ill
hubby, brother-in-law, sister-in-law (bil's wife), me
[Linked Image]

my nieces, hazel (i stayed with her and her family) and sarah with me in the middle
[Linked Image]

sister-in-law & me
[Linked Image]

and last but most definitely not least, depending on your culture my granddaughters or great-nieces, amber and liana.
[Linked Image]

i had a great time... and cried to have to leave... i don't see them near enough, last time, liana was just a baby, not even walking yet!

#131316 July 15th, 2005 at 09:05 AM
Beautiful pics Jiffy. Looks like you had a wonderful trip!

#131317 July 15th, 2005 at 09:12 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Good to see you back jiffymouse missed you . Liked your photo's they are real nice. Now I can place you and afgrey (where was Lola?) and Cindy really doesnt have wings darn. Glad you enjoyed yourself and had a good trip. Taht looked kinda like a truckstop I used to go to just south Of Louisville going from the things on the wall. Had a good freind was raised near London.Out in Sams holler
Jimmy

#131318 July 15th, 2005 at 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great Pics,Jiffy!!

Looks like you had a wonderful time!

G-Mom grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard