This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13120 March 10th, 2003 at 07:04 AM
A
Ann Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I just repotted my Jade tree. I think it's been over watered. the leaves are dropping off everyday. The top surface of the leaves are bumpy feeling. I don't see any rot starting. I just don't know why the leaves are getting that bumpy texture to them.
Anyone know what is going on?

#13121 March 10th, 2003 at 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ann,

Your Jade is probably reacting to the repotting which it probably did not need. Not only does repotting shock the plant, but adding excess soil means that the roots don't get the oxygen they need because all that soil stays moist for too long.

Jades can stay in the same pot for decades because they have small root systems that can't tolerate soil that stays damp for very long.

I suggest that you undo your repotting and get your Jade back into its original pot ASAP.

#13122 March 10th, 2003 at 04:58 PM
A
Ann Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Will Creed, Thank you so very much for your help. I put the jade tree in a large pot this time. I will put the plant back in the small pot it was in right away.

Link Copied to Clipboard