This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131120 July 18th, 2005 at 12:54 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Let's see... where to begin. 5 years ago I bought a house that had 1 1/2 acres of nothing but a very poor looking lawn. There were a handful of Hollyhocks next to the garage but that was it except for a few trees. First thing I did was kill those ugly Holly hocks. I figure there must be a reason they call them out-house flowers LOL!
I've made it my goal to turn this place into a little slice of paradise and so far it's looking really good.
I'll probably post a lot more questions than answers, but will help when I can (I've learned an awful lot these past few years)
Besides gardening, I enjoy collecting older Hot Wheels toy cars and 19th century Brilliant cut lead crystal. Strange combination perhaps but a lot of fun to pursue!

John muggs

#131121 July 18th, 2005 at 03:53 PM
Hi John
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you wavey
Hope you enjoy it here as I do. The people are very friendly and you can get some really good tips.
And no I don't have any of my childhood toys!
I wish I'd kept them. They would worth alot of cash by now. laugh laugh
[Linked Image]

#131122 July 19th, 2005 at 11:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi there John---so nice to have you here, welcome to the forum!

My brother lives up in Lansing.....

And nope, I don't have any of my old hot wheels either, although I did play with them and have a lot of them when I was a little girl...I'd rather play with them than dolls....LOL

Laura

#131123 July 20th, 2005 at 07:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

My son collects Hot Wheels and he has some from the 70's thumbup He has special shelves where he has them on display. A couple are limited editions thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#131124 July 21st, 2005 at 12:54 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the nice welcome! Laura, I live about 30 miles south of Lansing. So far this year the weather has been perfect and except for my 4 peach trees that got a bit too cold over the winter, everything else is growing to beat the band. Today I picked a cuke that is nearly 16 inches long, and who knows what I'm gonna do with all of these tomatoes LOL!

John

#131125 July 21st, 2005 at 04:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you on that John....We planted about 18 tomatoes which is oh, about 16 plants too many for just me and my hubby....He'll be taking them to work for all the guys I guess...LOL

You aren't far from Lansing at all then....I've been up there a few times visiting....My brother works for a big dental insurance company up there.....He hates the winters, but there is one good thing about the winters he said....no mountains, like there are here...You absolutely need 4 wheel drive in the winter around here.

Peach trees are nice....my dad has a few, and he just gave me a little baby peach tree that I'm nursing...........

Glad you're sticking around here with us all!

Laura

Link Copied to Clipboard