This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131074 May 15th, 2005 at 02:05 AM
M
MaryD Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Wow, I love this forum. I've been visiting for a few weeks now, reading and soaking up as much as I can. My partner and I bought a house last summer, and what a mess our yard was!

This is what the front of the house looks like now - big improvement, but still lots to be done. This only touches the surface - most of our land is behind the house, and was equally messy!

It's a great piece of land, and I've just been going crazy now that it's (mostly) cleaned up, buying and planting flowers. Thanks to all here who have (unknowingly) answered so many of my questions! You'll probably get tired of seeing my name here - I've got soooooooo many questions. I guess I'm a pretty novice gardener. Hey, I grew up in NYC! Duh

Thanks for having me - I look forward to meeting you all and learning tons of stuff to make my garden enjoyable!

Mary

#131075 May 15th, 2005 at 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

Welcome to the forum!

You've done good in your yard,your hard work really shows thumbup

Happy to have you with us...chat with ya later grinnnn

#131076 May 15th, 2005 at 07:03 PM
M
MaryD Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the welcome, and the compliment on the yard! Long way to go - but I'm having a ball! Looking forward to chatting!

Mary

#131077 May 17th, 2005 at 10:05 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
that's a great house. Is that a mudroom you have in front? Those are so fantastic. I wish I had one for my apartment lol. You did a great job with the clean up. Congrats on you new home.

#131078 May 17th, 2005 at 11:36 PM
M
MaryD Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks, TK! The front room is currently acting as a catch all 'room' for tools, ladders, paint, etc., since we're also redoing the inside of the house. To give you an idea of the shape of the inside of the house when we moved in - the kitchen cabinets were painted a bright blue, yellow and green! It was as bad as the outside! That's just the tip of the iceberg - MUCH renovating to be done. Thankfully, I was able to save the kitchen lol - it was on the top of my to do list when we finally moved in!

Hmm...a mudroom isn't a bad idea for it in the long term... idea BUT my partner already staked her claim, and she's turning into her art studio. It's okay - we have a big shed out back that'll work for all my gardening goodies, so I can't complain! wink

Link Copied to Clipboard