This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#130830 June 4th, 2005 at 10:09 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I seem to have gotton my dragonfly population back in my pond.I have mostly blues.a few greens do fly through,but not on a daily basis.....and then TODAY.I seen a red one and its larger than the blues&greens.I have seen some black ones deeper back in woods around the streams.So WHO knows about dragonflys?this red dude got me intriged for today(or its the mixing of my left over alchoal....mudslides 2, 1 crown/dew,1 rum-dew& my alchoal is in-route from a non-dry-county,a big bottle of crown& a 30 pack of bud light))

#130831 June 5th, 2005 at 07:41 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I know they eat something that's bad for people..
Can't remember which bug it is.....
Mosquito maybe?????

I love watching them...
The kids do too..

I have some pictures of one, but my rotten camera
doesn't take up close pictures very well.... :p

#130832 June 10th, 2005 at 06:42 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
they can eat 10,000 misqitos in a minute.

#130833 June 10th, 2005 at 06:55 PM
We have a lot of dragonflies. I love to watch them zip around here. I think they antagonize Angel on purpose. They will land just beyond her reach and sit, waiting on her to pounce so they can just zip away. laugh

I have never seen a red one. I will be watching closely to see if I can spot one. The ones we have are electic blue and green. They are just beautiful.

We have major mosquito problems. I wish the dragonflies would eat more.

Dianna

#130834 June 10th, 2005 at 08:33 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
(or its the mixing of my left over alchoal....mudslides 2, 1 crown/dew,1 rum-dew& my alchoal is in-route from a non-dry-county,a big bottle of crown& a 30 pack of bud light))
Oh, njoynit...no wonder I love you so much!
I wish we were neighbors! muggs

Cindy Lew

#130835 August 4th, 2005 at 11:56 PM
My younger son, age 3, came running into the office one day shouting, "Daddy, the dragon flies are coming out and coming out!"

Now, I knew that this was something Daddy had better come see, so without trying to understand his sentance, I hurried to follow him out. He led me to the pond, and we sat on the dock an hour or more watching dragon fly numphy climb out of the water, break out and fly away.

The mymphs eat mosquito larve, and lots of them.

#130836 August 5th, 2005 at 03:01 AM
Now I have more reasons to love dragonflies. We have lots of 'samurai' dragonflies (my name for them) with black markings that make them look like they're wearing a kimono or something but on closer inspection I saw that the tips of their wings are translucent and rounded after all. They're still so cool looking! Every now and then I'll see a blue one, but never a red one, that I can remember. Man, now I really want a pond! wink

Link Copied to Clipboard