This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#130663 July 5th, 2005 at 10:42 AM
OP Offline
this is what my dad found in one of his moccasins!! and he was getting ready to put his foot in it!!! sca sca shk shk

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and that thing was HUGE!!! did I mention that I am TERRIFIED of spiders??? well I am of the big ones like this anyway! not the itty bitty ones lol

#130664 July 5th, 2005 at 10:51 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Well, Miss Jamie...I am not "terrified" of spiders...but they aren't exactly my friends! And for some reason...we have an abundant supply around here this year...every make & model...and some of them are VERY big! Had a pretty good sized on run across my foot this afternoon while I was out weeding! It made me think of Longy and his reply about the scorpion the other day...he said "you are bigger than it is.." Well, for some reason that DID not comfort me! Dad better get to lookin around...where there is one...there is a family!

#130665 July 5th, 2005 at 11:07 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
lol miss jamie ^.^ *pet pet* I keep a garden spider as a pet in my window room! It stays there where i can see it though, so ya, its not as scary as the lil black miniature terantula ones that run across the floor sometimes >.< I HATE THOSE ONES!! O.O They totally freak me out cuz you're sitting there, spacing out and all of a sudden, BLAGABLERGABLOO!! one comes running out like a chicken with its head cut off and just keeps running around, and i keep trying to stomp it but i'm too scared and i keep missing and it just keeps running around and...

>.< its scary! *hides*

~Phoebe

omg you don't even wana know about the one i found that made a nest in my bed drawer which is right next to my head while i sleep at night o.O It would explain the thing on my face that won't go away >.< it probably bit me or something, cuz this definately isn't you're typicle pimple!

#130666 July 5th, 2005 at 11:29 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Nako if you have the slightest idea a spider may have bitten you on the face get to a Dr. or Er probably harmless but they can be bad no sense taking chances. I keep spiders around all the time have never been bitten by one or by a Trantula . As kids in New Mexico we used to shoot them with water guns and watch them jump they can jump pretty high. I never kill spiders and I never have problems with them and have hardly any pest's around that I don't want. In the 70's we lived in south Texas rented a 200 acre farm. The back porch had been converted into a bathroom and had a lavatory on the porch itself.(The house was built in the 1840's). When I shaved at night these daddy long legs would come out and ring the mirror while I shaved and when I got done they would disappear. It got to where my wife and the kids and grandkids would come out on the porch and watch the spiders watch me shave. Yes Tris my life is different. But Nako please for your sake see Dr. if you have any reason at all to think a spider has bitten you. We don't want your face disfigured. frown
Jimmy

#130667 July 5th, 2005 at 11:34 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
*thinks* it was just a daddy longleg o.O the spiders in NH are pretty harmless when it comes to bites. They mostly just leave a dot trail of itchy bumps which eventually go away ^.^ but i'll go to a doctor i guess *shrugs* I really don't think its anything to worry about though.

The one on my face is like a zit that won't pop. It doesn't itch or anything, and ya, its just kinda there. Duh
~Phoebe

#130668 July 5th, 2005 at 11:45 AM
OP Offline
well we didn't kill it but I know I would've been doing the heeby jeeby dance if it was in my shoe!! you should've seen me when my dad showed it to me!! he always keeps a set of pliers on his belt in a little case (it's actually called a gerber tool or leatherman...it's got little knives and stuff on it)and he picked that thing up with that! vanessa...I would've FREAKED OUT if a spider ran across my foot like that!! I would've had all kinds of people laughing at me (including the cat lol).pheobe you made me almost spit my drink on the screen from laughing lol! I don't know what I'd do if I had baby tarantulas running around everywhere in my house! OMG!! you keep a spider in your window room??? and yea you might want to get that place on your face checked out. can't be too safe! and Jimmy,we didn't kill it. we just put him/her out on the back porch steps and it went on its merry little way :-) I hope I don't see any more of them things in here for a while!! does anybody know what kind of spider that is by chance? I thought it was a brown recluse but it isn't?

#130669 July 5th, 2005 at 11:54 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
No it is not a brown recluse. I could not see it well enough to tell.
This time is good night.
Jimmy

#130670 July 5th, 2005 at 05:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm terrified of spiders.....not teeny tiny ones but the bigger black ones....they move so fast that it's hard to get them.....I think that my fear of them stems back to the tarantula my sister had as a pet growing up--she used to make me pet it!!! frown

Glad your dad didn't put his shoe on with that in there!!!!!!

#130671 July 6th, 2005 at 09:21 AM
I hate them all. The tiny ones...the big ones...the in-between ones....ALL of them!!! I kill them.....sorry Jimmy...but the ones we have here must be lazy because we have all sorts of buggers flying around here!!

Link Copied to Clipboard