This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#129838 June 29th, 2005 at 04:55 AM
J
J
Vanessa.
What a terrible traumatic time you are going through kissies angell . I am going to put your name forward for absent healing when l go to the spiritualist church tomorrow. Am already praying and wishing for some good news for you.
Why oh why do some individual's have to suffer so much perpl

luv luv Doreenxxxx

#129839 June 29th, 2005 at 09:55 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Vanessa all my prayers and hopes for you and all your family. Prostate news can sometimes be good. It was for me praying it will be for your husband. I dont have much but if you need to come to Dallas for your husband or for peanut you are welcome to stay with me. I have only one bed but you and your husband can have it. Peanut can sleep on the couch I will sleep in my recliner. My house is yours if you need it. I promise to even clean the table off laugh (I think there is one there somewhere under that junk Duh ) but anyway if you need my phone number or address let me know.
Jimmy

#129840 June 29th, 2005 at 09:58 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Jimmy...thank you so much for your generous offer...I would like to have your address...hopefully we can get both (husband & Peanut) taken care of in Little Rock & Texarkana... Thanks for the prayers!

#129841 June 29th, 2005 at 11:18 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
It is my pleasure to make you this offer. I would feel honored for you come to my house and stay if you need it. I sent you a PM with all my contact info.
Jimmy

#129842 June 30th, 2005 at 03:39 AM
R
R
Wanted to let you know that you will be included in my thoughts and prayers.

#129843 June 30th, 2005 at 05:26 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you too. kissies kissies We haven't talked much but that doesn't mean anything... we gardeners stick together!

My very good friends have an autistic daugther who's turning 6 in August. She has made amazing strides in the past couple of years. She will be starting first grade in the fall with a regular class which we all thought would never happen when she was younger and constantly screaming. Its amazing what can happen when they are diagnosed young and get the right care right away. My prayers are with you all.

#129844 June 30th, 2005 at 05:56 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Peanut is also doing the "screaming" thing..I am trying to learn to "handle" it. He is a very sweet child and I want him to be able to function as normally as possible. We are also dealing with the anger part...something that is VERY new to me in a child so young. He gets so frustrated at simple things...but of course that is understandable when you cannot communicate. I appreciate so much the kind words & prayers..I believe that will be what gets us through this!

#129845 June 30th, 2005 at 06:09 AM
You will get all the prayers you can handle just from our little group. Although she isn't my daughter, I've been very much a part of her life, so I've seen the changes and know they can happen. If you ever want someone to vent to feel free to PM me. There were times when she was screaming because we turned on the light or the car was parked in the street instead of the driveway, or any of the many other things that she couldn't understand that made her mad, and all you really want to do sometimes is walk away and treat it like any other child's temper tantrum, but you can't, or just sit and cry with her... but believe me it can get better.

kissies angell

#129846 June 30th, 2005 at 09:38 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
We had one of those mornings with Peanut today. He was SO unhappy and I couldn't for the life of me come up with what he wanted!As frustrating as it is on us...I know he is confused as well! My heart just hurts for him right now!
Hubby is going for his bone scan on Friday...he is pretty frightened because of the way the Drs. are talking! He will go for the PSA (cancer test) July the 5th...that one is even more frightening for him. Right now, I am just too tired to be frightened...trying to take care of all the appointments and so forth! Again I thank you all for your support! Don't know what I would do with out you guys!

#129847 June 30th, 2005 at 10:02 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Vanessa,
You might wanna try this with Peanut...

This is just a link to an article..
There's several more on it, just Google search it.

Signs and signals before baby talk

This just might be a thought, but if he can't talk, but needs to communicate and he's getting frustrated, and getting mad...it might help....

Hey, ya just never know!!!!
Worth a try..

P/S Here\'s another one..

#129848 June 30th, 2005 at 11:24 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Thanks Weezie...Peanut is pretty much "un-teachable" right now. That was our first indication that something was wrong. For instance...I had been trying to teach him to use a spoon...he looks right through you as though you are not there..or screams. they are telling me that he will be able to talk by using pictures eventually. The only thing he really "responds" well to is music. He should be able to clearly communicate simple "yes/no" answers...but cannot. I am thankful that Peanut has moments of affection, a hug or kiss or just wanting to sit in my lap. A lot of autistic children show no affection at all. this is a strange thing we are dealing with, very difficult to understand.

#129849 June 30th, 2005 at 10:54 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
You'd be surprised....
Don't give up on it...

Just try a little test..
Every time, it's just about lunch time
or what time eating would occur...
and take your hand like you're drinking
something in a cup, and before he gets any
and is thirsty, you do the sign a few times
and then have him be able to see you pour
and hand him the cup....and you say thrirsty??
**or something in that nature** so he gets accustomed to when you make that hand signal
he gets something to drink... YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.
*I watched it on tiny babies, and it's so wierd
to watch them*
But it might be just worth a try....
It may not work, but then again, it may!!!!

#129850 June 30th, 2005 at 10:56 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!

#129851 July 1st, 2005 at 02:59 AM
Vanessa, I was thinking about you on my way home yesterday and I remembered something else. My friends' daughter would have good days and some really awful days, even after she was getting help and making progress. The doctor tested her for a variety of things and found out she had very low iron in her system (no wonder since all she would eat was chicken nuggets and candy). When they started giving Rae iron supplements her behavior improved dramatically. Imagine how tired she was fighting so hard to communicate and not just turn herself off and stem, then on top of it she didn't have enough iron to keep herself going. They eventually were able to cut back on her iron and now she is eating much better, which helps a lot. The biggest obstacle was getting her to tell you what she was feeling instead of just screaming or yelling no. She did speak before she was diagnosed she just chose to scream more often than not. Rae had a wonderful teacher that really helped her. My friends had her tested by the county services and they are the ones who placed her in the special school. She was integrated last year into a normal kindergarten in the morning, with a small transition period where she was attending her special school in the afternoon too. Now she is off to a normal first grade where she will be monitored by a county worker once a week to see how she is doing.

Good luck to both you and your husband on his tests. I'll be sending him all of my good thoughts and prayers!!

#129852 July 1st, 2005 at 06:07 AM
Vanessa,
You said Peanut likes music- my BIL is autistic - he is 44 now so they didn't have a lot of what they do now to help him but music worked with him--- he can play any musical instrument by ear and can read music- he is very intelligent when you can get him to talk- more often now than when he was younger but they do so much more now for these kids...I would try a song with spoon holding directions - or whatever the lesson is you want to get across- may take a long time but could work for you.

#129853 July 1st, 2005 at 09:57 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Thinkin' about you all~all day today!!!!! kissies thumbup

#129854 July 2nd, 2005 at 07:19 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
We survived...well, pretty close to it anyway! I am glad to be home!
Got half way to Texarkana and realized I FORGOT to put the sippy cups in the truck...FOREVERMORE!!! No sippy cups, three 2y/o's and running behind...what a way to start the day! But we made it...cranky kids & all! Did I mention I am GLAD to be home??????????

#129855 July 2nd, 2005 at 08:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll bet you are glad to be home......now you can relax a little.....did the tests go okay with your hubby? Been wondering about you today.

#129856 July 2nd, 2005 at 09:07 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Thnaks Loz...wont know any results til we hear from the Doc...and that wont be for another week or better. We go Tuesday for the cancer test...he said he was going to have that Doc call him as SOON as he had results and then he would call me and say "good" or "BAD"...that is exactly the way he put it! So...as usual...it is WAIT ,WAIT ,WAIT,........................ :rolleyes:

#129857 July 2nd, 2005 at 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's always how it is with any kind of tests--too bad they can't give us all instant results...it's the waiting that gets to you....

I had that dye injected in me when I had a CAT scan, x-rays on my neck, and an MRI to see if there was a cause for my migraines---it was so weird when the Dr showed me the xrays of my own brain, when he put the neck xrays up there he asked me if I had any type of neck injury--turns out I have bone spurs in my neck that can cause headaches, muscle spasms, and pain. And he wouldn't recommend surgery because it can be too risky, so I just live with it.....this was a few years ago, but that dye did not react good with me, and I told Mark I won't have it again unless I'm knocked out--funny thing is my dad has the same bad reaction to it...I think in an earlier post you said your hubby had to have the dye.....I guess he was okay when they gave it to him?

I'll be praying that you guys get good results from that cancer test....I had surgery because I had precancerous cervical cells---this was back when I was 19 & the dr said it was the most aggresive precancerous cells he'd ever seen....Luckily I've been clear ever since, but it is always weighing in the back of my mind....anything to do with cancer is a scary thing.......How is your hubby holding up through all of this????? Is he trying to keep in pretty good spirits(as hard as it must be)?

#129858 July 2nd, 2005 at 10:54 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Loz...this is the 2nd round of dye he has had. A couple of weeks ago they injected the dye in his spine to check the nerves...he thought he was going to die for 2 days afterwards! He could barely walk he was so sore and it took a long time for the dye to process out...so he wasn't looking forward to this one at all. But they injected the dye intravieniously for the bone scan and it wasn't quite as bad. His spirits were pretty much okay for what he has had to deal with...but when they mentioned cancer...that did it! He already feels bad about not being able to "provide" and take care of his family...now he is just devistated! He NEVER missed any work until now and this has wiped us out financially...that part is harder for him to deal with than anything. It also just kills him that he hasn't been able to do things like yard work etc...he can't stand it when some one has to do those things for him...it makes him feel like he is being "lazy"! Those are hard things for a man to handle!

#129859 July 3rd, 2005 at 12:01 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Vanessa remind him he is anything but lazy sometimes you have to let others help. I have had a hard time dealing with that myself. Tell him to look around him at all you two had done together and he has provided you. would a lazy man do that I don't think so. Only a man that loves his family will provide like has a lazy person doesn't care And would expect people to give him everything. From what I have read on your post this man is very selfless and has done his best for you and peanut and the rest of your family, And would give his life. Now it is time to let others sweat the small stuff and him to take care of hisself so you can grow old together, beleive me it is no fun being old alone. Times will be rough put it all in God's hands he will provide for you. Anything I can do please let me know.
Jimmy

#129860 July 3rd, 2005 at 02:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vanesssa, when you are sick there isn't anything remotely lazy about not being able to do the stuff you once did.....But I think I know how your husband feels, mine would be the same way....He's the provider, and never misses work--and does all the yardwork....I can only imagine how hard it must be on you both having to go through all of this. And I can't imagine having to have that dye injected into your spine! OUCH......I can't remember if you mentioned before or not, and if you don't want to you don't have to say--I was just wondering what type of cancer they are testing for? So many people I know have been touched by cancer in one way or another....I wish they could just cure it all and make it go away.

And I agree with everything JV said.............

#129861 July 3rd, 2005 at 04:57 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
He didn't give any specifics on the type they are testing for...but due to the bone scan I would assume a type of bone cancer.

#129862 July 3rd, 2005 at 07:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I'll be praying for him, hoping that the results come back and are good.....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard