This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129806 July 7th, 2005 at 07:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heres 2 I wrote. They are being published in this years Poetry.com's Anthology. I was supposed to go to Orlando to recieve an award at their annual conference,but,couldn't afford it.

Your love is like
a summer breeze
gently blowing through
my mind always the tease
Coming and going like
the ebb of a tide
Golden sands of a beach
that is ever so wide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only your touch can dampen
the fire that rages,
The lust that grows
but never ages
When we are together
the passion explodes
As we tease and touch
and follow the roads
Of the map that was written
when your lips first touched mine
On the taste of your desire
I shall forever dine.

G-Mom shocked

#129807 July 7th, 2005 at 07:51 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
These poems got me thinkin' I need to find a man before I get old. laugh

#129808 July 7th, 2005 at 11:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice poems Gmom!!! Too bad you couldn't make it to Orlando to get your award....

#129809 July 8th, 2005 at 04:57 PM
wow those are really good g-mom! they're so...romantic :-)

#129810 July 8th, 2005 at 09:23 PM
WHEW!!!! Somebody turn up the A/C-- its getting warm!!!!! laugh laugh laugh
GREAT STUFF G-MOM!!

#129811 July 8th, 2005 at 09:44 PM
Those are beautiful, G-mom! Now I think I will go take a cold shower. laugh

Dianna

#129812 July 9th, 2005 at 07:18 PM
That's nice work G-Mom.

I apologize for mentioning that about poetry dawt com there in another post, but it is true.

When a publication takes your work, you should at least be provided with one free copy of the issue in which the work appears.

Do not provide them with money for anything - and I'm glad you didn't go to Orlando. They want your money there too.

Write some more poems - I'll bet you can get something published at one of the magazines.

Try Whistling Shade - it only pays $10.00, but it's a good start. There are others that pay only a copy of the magazine but that's good too.

I just had some published in Poetry Canada. They provide only a copy of the issue, but at least you have it - you don't have to be a Canadian to publish in it.

Sorry to be so excrutiatingly honest about poetry.com, but go to google and put their name in - you'll find out why I'm telling you to stay away from that place.

When you do submit something and get it accepted at another publication, don't include their name in your bio - other publishers don't take them seriously.

Still, you are to be commended for the great work - they are to be commended for nothing other than scamming the writers.

Link Copied to Clipboard