This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#129589 November 20th, 2005 at 06:34 AM
Well for myself I trust my whole family. The one person outside my family that I do trust is my bestest friend Loz. She is the one and only friend that I would never doubt.

#129590 November 20th, 2005 at 06:38 AM
Hey Mark!!!

That is the most romantic thing I've ever read!
Mostly because you never post!!! kissies clp

#129591 November 20th, 2005 at 07:14 AM
Who is Mark? I don't know which post is his. Duh

#129592 November 20th, 2005 at 07:19 AM
Originally posted by gaming_addict:
Well for myself I trust my whole family. The one person outside my family that I do trust is my bestest friend Loz. She is the one and only friend that I would never doubt.
I think it's Mark, Loz' husband, shocked unless it's her best friend, Mel, in which case it's not romantic but funny laugh

Come out ~! and show yourself!

#129593 November 20th, 2005 at 07:20 AM
Another thought to ponder: Do the little things or the big things matter more? I think all the little things are much better then a few big things.
I've heard people (and a former girlfriend) say, "Don't sweat the small stuff."
I've always been very stoic about the big things...a death in the family, things beyond my control...but the little things in life are the things you can control...maybe those are the things we should pay attention to. I'm no longer with that person (former girlfriend) because she ignored the day-to-day things, except when it affected HER!

#129594 November 20th, 2005 at 07:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one person outside my family that I do trust is my bestest friend Loz. She is the one and only friend that I would never doubt.
Awww, thanks Mel--you twit!!! kissies She's truly the kind of friend that you know would do absolutely anything for you.... smile

Mark's never been on here.....I don't even think he'd know how to get around on here, he never ever gets on the computer...unless he wants to look at something online, then he gets me to do it while he sits here with me.... laugh

#129595 November 20th, 2005 at 07:33 AM
I'd also like to say that the person I trust most is my wife. I say "wife" even though we've not had an opportunity to get married yet...her mom has gone through several years of heart problems, a broken hip, etc., and her father committed suicide during our first year together, etc. The BIG stuff.
We've had a few fights, basically over small stuff, but we never bicker over the big issues...because what else can you do but work through them? I was 39 and she was 43 when we met, and luckily we both had matured to the point of knowing what we wanted in our relationship, and of recognizing that it's important to give as much and more than you expect in return, if you're going to have a good relationship. We knew within the first month that we could trust each other on the things that matter, fidelity foremost, and all the rest, and I think part of that had to do with the age we were when we met.

#129596 November 20th, 2005 at 07:35 AM
When and how did you meet, Dave?

#129597 November 21st, 2005 at 09:40 AM
Mel...we met in spring of 2000. A lady friend I ran in to at a happy hour said that her veterinarian and some of the staff were meeting after work for a Mexican dinner, at that time a Friday night ritual. I went along 'cause of the great food, Santa Fe style. I commented that I thought "Dr. Mack" was nice looking, and saw her again on several similar occasions, chatting with her a few times. Eventually, my lady friend got around to telling her that I thought she was nice looking, and Dr. Mack, Susan, made it a point to come to my watering hole a couple of times to check me out further. I didn't know she was checking me out until one day, out of the blue, she called me and asked if I'd like to get together sometime. As it was, I had a strong interest in someone, although not yet in a relationship other than a little kissing a couple of times. I agreed to meet with Susan, not knowing a lot about her but liking her well enough that I was flattered, and interested in friendship. I was much impressed with her on that first not-yet-a-date, having some beers together, and she was evidently impressed with me, because she called me again next weekend, and we've been together ever since! thumbup

#129598 November 21st, 2005 at 10:13 AM
Wow, that's cool and interesting. My best friend says I should never call the guy I'm interested in, if they are "into" me, they will make the first move. I always thought if I'm interested I'm not gonna let this gender bias thing get in the way.

#129599 November 21st, 2005 at 10:48 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
My best friend says I should never call the guy I'm interested in, if they are "into" me, they will make the first move
NO! That is wrong! frown Call him!

#129600 November 21st, 2005 at 10:56 AM
Wow, just getting around to reading this thread. I guess I am the odd duck here cuz I am a very trusting person. In fact there are very few people I do not trust and they have to give me a pretty good reason to lose my trust in them.

Now I guess there are various levels of trust, I do agree and there are people I trust with more than others but for me, it is something I give away rather than keep to myself.

#129601 November 21st, 2005 at 11:00 AM
So true Triss. It all depends on what you're trusting them with, though. I'm in business for myself, and I don't ask for signed contracts up front. Have rarely been burned. But then, I work almost exclusively by word of mouth references.

#129602 November 21st, 2005 at 11:23 AM
Dan is like that in business as well. ALL of his business comes word of mouth and is all done by word on both ends.

#129603 November 22nd, 2005 at 12:08 AM
W
W
I am very lucky to have a husband like Neil. He hates Valentine's Day. He says why should he wait until Valentine's to show someone how much you love them. You should be doing that whenever because who knows when that last day together will be. So yes the little things mean so much more to me. I save all the little gifts the boys make me and I have quite a few.
Yes, marriage is work but very much worth the effort. I just can't imagine what life would be like without Neil or even the kids.
Do you think it is true that women marry someone like their dad and men marry someone like their mother? Just wondering because Neil & dad are very similar.
Nancy

#129604 November 22nd, 2005 at 01:51 AM
In a lot of cases, yes, I do think people marry others like their parents. I know Dan has many traits of my dad and I see me in his mom some as well. Funny how that works out isn't it?

#129605 November 22nd, 2005 at 11:36 AM
Very interesting question and answers! There are so many degrees of trust isn't it? I have freinds that I trust up to a point-sad to say but totally? only one. My husband. Walt I trust totally and completely. But I am lucky-I married my best friend. We have no secrets from each other. We have been married 25 years now and I still think that he is one of the sexiest men around-he says that he is getting fat-bald headed and 50. Love must be blind. My daughters-yep-no doubt- they would watch my back in a heart beat as I would them. Soo-my family without a doubt. The rest of the world-only as far as I can see them. :rolleyes:

#129606 November 22nd, 2005 at 02:23 PM
I have to agree with Triss - I trust most people. Have been burned on occassion but it's my nature to be trusting so I enter relationships expecting people to be trustworthy and usually they are. I'm not naive about it - I trust kids to act like kids and they never let me down. I know who I can share a secret with and who I can't - not that I don't trust the ones I don't share secrets with but I have to recognize that not everyone is able to maintain a confidence.

My husband I would trust with my life (I trust my children with him and they are what I value most in this life) and he has proven himself trustworthy over 30 years of marriage. I trust my family. Most especially I trust God - not to make my life easy or do what I want but to always do what is best.

#129607 November 22nd, 2005 at 02:31 PM
PS
family, friends, partners are all fallable
very good point - I know that you meant to say fallible (capable of making mistakes) but when I looked at the word fallable - it's perfect - we are not only capable of making mistakes but we also fall flat on our faces and let down everyone around us.

Sorry - I've been proof-reading my semester project for the last week and now I'm proofing everything. It's a sickness. But that word is a keeper.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard