This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129513 May 24th, 2005 at 03:09 AM
OP Offline
Anyone know where I can get seeds for this plant, where shipping doesn't cost more than the seeds?

I just found it online and really really really want it for my blue garden! cool

baby blue eyes

#129514 May 24th, 2005 at 03:44 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
That is beautiful Lynne...and yep..you need it. I will ask at my nursery and see if they can help. (it will be the week-end before I can get there)

#129515 May 24th, 2005 at 04:14 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I just happen to have some grinnnn
butttttttt they're from last year!!!!

I didn't get around to planting them,
too busy, too many plants......
But I just decided to plant some yesterday,
I thought I'd at least like to see one flower
from the package before it got toooooo old...

Want some???

Weezie

#129516 May 24th, 2005 at 04:27 AM
OP Offline
Thanks so much Vanessa - you're so thoughful! kissies

I found an online seed site that has it - $1 for 500 seeds - not bad! You have to buy $5 worth of seeds to get free shipping - also not bad.

But... there is no contact phone number or other contact info, so I'm a little leary of ordering from them.

Anyone heard of Lonniesbulkseeds.com?

Here's a link to the seeds I'd like on their site:

baby blue eyes again

#129517 May 24th, 2005 at 04:49 AM
OP Offline
ooooh Weezie... I didn't see your post before I posted again. For some reason my computer is not showing the responses even when I refresh often... Duh What a coincidence that you just happen to have this particular seed - I wasn't expecting that. kissies
I think I'm going to give this place a try with an order. I found a site where people rate gardening suppliers and they got 5 positive reviews. I can get 5 packages of seeds for only $5 - free shipping with a minimum $5 order, so I think I'll take the risk. Apparently they pack their seeds in ziplock bags, but the reviews said that they send a lot of seeds.

I'll let you know how it goes.

#129518 May 27th, 2005 at 06:30 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Lynne...be sure and let us know when you get them...do you want me to check here anyway? I am SOOO impressed with your blue garden....I wish I would have seen it earlier to know what "blues" to plant around the flagpole. Got some blue salva...but it is really more purple... Duh I'm going to have to re-do it next year anyway because I just had to throw it together for now.

#129519 May 27th, 2005 at 02:43 PM
OP Offline
Hi Vanessa ~

This blue garden has been full of trials and errors,
but that's what gardening is all about, right? thumbup

Some of the blue flowers that have done well for me are:

centaurea montana - a perennial that has gotten so big, I have divided it and replanted in assorted places, and shared with my parents. It has a really nice flush of blooms right about now, and might rebloom later on when it cools down again - if you deadhead it religiously.

blue lacecap hydrangea

blue queen salvia - tends to be invasive - I am forever digging out babies all along the path through that garden area - but I don't mind too much, as I have shared it, and also transplanted it all around my yard.

anise hyssop (licorice mint) which can sometimes look more lavendar, but mine tends to be blue

annual forget-me-nots
and always some annual blue lobelia

I keep taking pictures of this garden, but the blue flowers are very difficult to show well, and I'm never happy with the pictures. They usually look more purple than they really are, and not very impressive. But the garden is coming along nicely so far.

I sent an e-mail to the online seed company through another website - I still can't find any direct contact for them, and am a little leary of sending them money without being able to contact them at all if need be. No response so far in 2 days - grrrrrrr mad

#129520 May 27th, 2005 at 03:02 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Can't wait to see those blue flowers..
You know how much I love them.!!!! cool thumbup flw

Weezie

#129521 May 27th, 2005 at 03:08 PM
OP Offline
Weezie ~ have yours sprouted yet?

We might actually be getting some warm weather here today!!! Duh
Forecast is for 75! Can't it really be?!?!?!? cool

#129522 June 3rd, 2005 at 04:09 PM
OP Offline
Well.... I never DID get an e-mail back from that company, mad so I decided against ordering from them.

But....I did find a company on ebay who not only had those seeds, but had some other blue flower seeds as well.

I ordered some baby blue eyes (above), and from the ebay pictures...

some blue pimpernel:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I only HOPE they look like that! Beautiful! flw

and some blue flax:
[Linked Image]
I have seen these and they are usually bluer than the ebay picture here.

#129523 June 3rd, 2005 at 04:27 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ooooooh~Ooooh,
Is that what that one plant, blue pimpernel, is supposed to look like..???...Short, and low to the ground??? Very pretty blue..
Let me know how that one looks????

Weezie

#129524 June 7th, 2005 at 09:08 PM
OP Offline
WOW - I got my seeds in the mail today!
They were mailed out on Friday from California -

I've never gotten mail so quickly from there before.

And... they even included a bonus pack of poppy seeds!

And... a nursery tag for each of the types of seeds that I ordered so I can know what I planted where!

This ebay seed company rules!

#129525 June 8th, 2005 at 05:19 AM
hi lynne! that's great that you got them! that's quick! what was the name of the company? do you have to pay by pay pal or something or pay with cash or money order? details!! lol

#129526 June 8th, 2005 at 06:42 AM
ya, your blue garden rocks,

i think i m gonna try to have me some of those blue flowers ,specially EVERYONE of them if i can.

continue your beautifullll garden it s so nice and don t forget to take pictures.

thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup

#129527 June 8th, 2005 at 01:22 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Francine!

MissJamie ~ the name of the ebay company is:

Calseeds

it says they take:

Personal Checks, Money Orders, Cashiers Checks and the following Cards accepted through Paypal

They are a no frills, seeds in ziplock bags company... but I am quite satisfied with their packaging and info, etc.

#129528 June 8th, 2005 at 03:00 PM
Here's a thought for your garden... idea

http://michiganbulb.com/item_disp.asp?pn=03954

#129529 June 8th, 2005 at 04:34 PM
OP Offline
Very pretty flower, Tricia.
It is, however in the ajuga family, and I've decided to stay away from those. They can be extremely invasive here - a friend has them all over her lawn from the previous owners, and cannot get rid of them.

Thanks for thinking of me though!

Link Copied to Clipboard