This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129462 May 21st, 2005 at 06:19 PM
OP Offline
hi everyone,

got a question for you,i tried to find a topic that was talking bout it but couldt fin it,so here it is:

we have a out of ground pool and i don t know what kind of plant to put near it so water wont damage it.i know it sounds a bit stupid but i mean regarding all the chemicals of pool water ex: chlorine .

so i would take and appreciate any sugestions . kissies

#129463 May 21st, 2005 at 07:39 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I found an article that says that an experiment was conducted where a wide variety of plants were watered with pool water without any ill effects. They unfortunately did not list the plants watered. My dad had a pool and the plants around his didn't seem to suffer either. So my best thinking would be to look at other factors. If a lot of water gets splashed out of the pool you might think about a plant that can handle soggy ground. Or since the sun will be blocked on one side of the pool during some hours of the day you may want to look for a partial shade loving plant for that side. Or if the ground around the pool is getting heavy traffic try an get something that can handle that factor.

I hope this helps.

#129464 May 21st, 2005 at 08:26 PM
OP Offline
hi Tk,

what a nice yougn lady you are kissies

As a matter of fact i didn t think of the other factors,and you are completely right,i ll try to find a plant that can resist soggy water and is able to have a bit of shade also.my garden is alittle bit away from the pool that why those flower are fine but was afraid for the ones i ll put around the pool but not anymore.

thanks a lot! thumbup

#129465 June 6th, 2005 at 03:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
francine, i didn't really edit your post, just made it think i did so your graemlins would show up laugh also, i have seen pampas grass near pools and it looks quite nice and doesn't seem to mind the water... just a thought.

Link Copied to Clipboard