This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12935 April 6th, 2003 at 02:04 AM
E
OP Offline
E
I have a honeysuckle, planted in a container. I noticed last year that the leaves were being eaten but I couldn't find anything on them or the rest of the plant.

New growth this year is showing the same problem. Does anyone know what is loving my honeysuckle so much that the leaves are being almost stripped, and what I should be treating it with?

#12936 April 15th, 2003 at 05:09 AM
N
N
i think i have the same problem... but my honeysuckle's leaves are brown.. new growth is affected as is yours. invisible culprit, too. have you tried spraying with the dish soap/vegetable oil/water recipie? i'm not sure of the proportions, but i hear it's helpful.

#12937 May 27th, 2003 at 09:42 PM
J
J
I havee a honeysuckle, also, and despite their reputation as being prolific and disease-resistant, and hard to kill, etc. each year mine, in a large wood container (h 3 ft, w 3.5 ft, depth 2.5 ft), each spring and summer i have problems with it, usually mildew which has to be treated with a sprayed on sulfur solution, a common fungicide. This year it's got I dunno what on the growing tips, and buds: little green/purple bugs maybe. Perhaps a spraying with the hose and then maybe insecticidal soap.

Link Copied to Clipboard