This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128976 June 22nd, 2005 at 05:21 AM
OP Offline
I have never been found of bright orange flowers :p , but this year, since we set up the bathtub pond, and I have 3 goldfish in it, I can't seem to get enough orange flowers! It's crazy!!! Duh thumbup The plant on the right is a variegated liriope, and the one on the bottom left is a dwarf curly rush.
[Linked Image]

Here is one of the VERY bright orange gazanias that I have planted around the pond. Anyone need sunglasses to view this? laugh
[Linked Image]

The only orange flower that I still can't seem to warm up to, is marigold.
I just do not like that plant.

#128977 June 22nd, 2005 at 05:34 AM
That gazania is beautiful! I like orange! grinnnn

Dianna

#128978 June 22nd, 2005 at 08:40 AM
Lynne, what nice plantings you have done! The splash of orange (not my favorite color, either) is quite attractive.

thumbup

Marigolds (which also come in yellow) are great for keeping rabbits and other pesky critters out of a vegetable patch....just plant them all around the edge.

Merme

#128979 June 22nd, 2005 at 08:45 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Merme. I usually do plant a few yellow marigolds every year, but decided not to this year. I know they are good for keeping critters and some bees away (I've made friends with the bees - so long as they don't sting me like they did a few years ago!), but really don't love the smell myself.

#128980 June 22nd, 2005 at 08:53 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I have orange poppies, orange cosmos's and orange hawkweed.

~Haven't bloomed yet~

Orange Cosmos's
Mexican Gold Poppy
Orange Nasturiums'
Orange and Yellow Gloriosa Lilies...

#128981 June 22nd, 2005 at 08:59 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
The oranges & yellow/golds are my personal favorites...(I love the colors of fall) so I have plenty for everyone! I really like the red & orange lantannas....so Lynne...I LOVE YOUR ORANGES!!!! I think they are beautiful!
And Merme....my grandmother always told me to NEVER have a garden without marigolds Duh

#128982 June 22nd, 2005 at 09:01 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Oh, I forgot, speakin' of Grannies,
I have Orange Chinese Lanterns too!!!!

#128983 June 22nd, 2005 at 09:32 AM
Orange Cosmos here too..still no blooms. But WOW I love those oranges you have! God, do I ever not love any flower? Not really LOL But those are so bright and really a great orange. I don't know if I have a favorite/least favorite flower color just yet. Right now if it'll grow, I'm happy LOL!

I get mums and marigolds confused Duh I know I have mums in my rosebed...mix of red/orange/yellows. I think I have marigolds in pots in front of the house, but they're dying for lack of water/attention! I'm such a bad mom! (Where's that 12 step program?) No idea what color they are - never made it to flower frown

#128984 June 22nd, 2005 at 09:46 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
My chinese lanterns didn't come up again!!!!!!!

eek eek eek

I love those flowers and really want some but I can't get them to grow. Maybe if I can get some more seeds next year I'll try starting them in pots. I haven't tried that yet.

I used to just like yellow and red. Those are still my favorite colors but I am finding that I appreciate the other colors too. They add variety and life to the garden. I'm still having trouble with the dusty pink of most of my zinnia but by the time they are done blooming I expect I'll have found the charm in them as well.

I think the mums are larger than the marigolds but I'm wrong so often that I think I'm wrong more often than right. So it's best if you wait for someone else to explain the differences.

Link Copied to Clipboard