This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128135 May 26th, 2005 at 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's kinda long but it makes an interesting read! The garden she describes is MINE! And the lady bee sounds ALOT like me(5'2",blonde hair,blue eyes)

Dear Diary,
Eat, sleep, work. Over and over, day in, day out. All they do is wait on the queen bee. Well, it's all the drone bees are good for. Granted she needs their help. Look at her. She is the size of a blimp and she looks like one to. Pale, gray, leathery, skin- blaach! All the queen does all day is lay around doing nothing. You would be a blimp also if you did that all day. Now take me into consideration I should be queen because of how beautiful I am. I am 5 inches 2 centimeters, blond hair, blue eyes. I should be worshipped. Not the queen. I don't see what the drones see in her anyways. I am the beautiful one in the hive! Of course, no one else sees how beautiful I am. I should be the one laying around being worshiped all day but the queen makes me, (ME!) of all people, run around all day, doing chores! I have to do something about this. But I have to go to work first. I hate work. I should not have to work. But if I don't help out, I don't eat. So here I go.

Hey, there is Rob. He is so dreamy! 6 inches of golden-brown god! He is the only reason I go to work everyday. Yesterday he said there is a new flower garden by the stream that he wants to check out, so that is where we are going today. At least it is a beautiful day outside. The sun is shining, the birds are singing. And that cloud looks a lot like a cat eating a bird! I love days like this. May day! May day! There is a sprinkler spraying a stream of water for the neighborhood kids. Performing evasive maneuvers to dodge! Rob follow me! Left, right, left again. Barrel roll! Rob where did you go! Come back.? Oh no, where is he? I don't know how to get to the garden by myself! BLAM, CRASH! That smarts! But it's not the only time that I have crashed into something while flying. You would think I would learn to stop talking to myself when I am flying- but no. I have such a painful life. Rob!! There you are! I was getting worried. We found each other the painful way, but we found each other. Oh we're here. There I go again not paying attention.

It is so beautiful here. roses of all different color and shape. Oh look! There is the batface flower Rob has told me so much about. It really does look like a bats face. I can see the ears and the mouth. It is so cute! There are bearded irises in every color- purple, red, yellow, pink with a white stripe. That purple one looks good. I wonder if any one has collected from it yet. It smells like heaven! And it tastes even better. Have I died and gone to heaven? Yum, yum! Rob says the "Betty Boop" rose smells and tastes good also. The "Betty Boop" rose is red with a golden center. But I like the purple one better. I will meet up with him later. What else is here, I wonder? Around the corner there are sweet peas, bell peppers, green peppers- even sweet potatoes and pumpkins! Wow, who ever this garden belongs to is best gardener I know- and I know a lot of gardeners. Well I have had my fill. Let's go find Rob and get back to the beehive.

Back at the hive, there is a buzz of activity. From what my friend Jo is telling me some children decided to tear apart the hive. We showed them though! We did lose some close friends in the battle. The children won't come back anytime soon. Later tonight there will be a celebration to remember the ones that were lost today. That will be my chance to take over.

Preparations are starting for tonight. I switched my job with Jo, so that I can work in the food prep area and she is working on the banners. I will make a special dish for the queen. Poison-a-la-queen! I wonder if all of my hard work will pay off. We will find out tonight.

Celebration time is here. The banners are hung all around the hive. Each banner has a name of one of the ones we lost earlier today. Each banner is a different color of the rainbow. Jo did an excellent job on the banners. The banquet hall is lit up with lights. And the tables are decorated with flowers from the garden by the stream. Everyone is here and everything is ready to go. The band is warmed up and ready to go. The queen is coming out to say the celebration is beginning. I wonder if Rob will ask me to dance?
But business before pleasure. I have to make sure the Queen gets her special dinner. Jo said she would do that for me, but I don't want any loose ends. The Queen is on her throne at the front of the banquet hall. I have to figure out a way to get close to her. Hey there is Walt,guarding the entrance to the queen. I have an idea, but it won't be pretty. Walt is such a sleaze ball so it should be fairly easy. Ok now repeat after me. "Tee, hee, hee. Hi Walt". Now bat your eyes. Ugh, he is such an unpleasant drone! Great, he is going to let me through. He would flirt with any thing with wings and a pulse. BLAM!!! I really need to start paying attention to where I am going. Uh? Hey Jo. Terrific! She says everything went smooth. By tomorrow afternoon everything should be in place for me to take over. Now back to the party.

Oh my god! Rob is coming this way! Sure I would love to dance! Yes! I will be queen and have Rob at the same time. Song after song we danced together. The waltz, salsa, and swing. We did it all. He even walked me to my room! This is going so well. I love to be in love. In the morning I will find out how the Queen is doing. Now is time for much needed sleep.

This morning there is a flourish of activity. Something has happened to the Queen. Oh no, I wonder what could have happened. Everyone is supposed to report to the banquet hall immediately. The Queen had passed away in her sleep last night. Foul play is not suspected. All I need to do now is act upset, put on a sad face, and take over. A new Queen will be chosen later today, after the "Queen Selection Committee" is selected. All work is cancelled for today. All workers who wish to be considered are supposed to report here in the banquet hall at 2pm. So I have four hours to get ready. A girl has got to look and act like a Queen, if she wants to be Queen. I have the act down I just need the outfit. Lets see. I have the tiger pants with the black shirt, or the leather dress. Hmmmm?? Decisions, decisions, decisions. I know! I can get an outfit from Jo. She always has the best outfits. She has the red crochet dress. Lets go see. Yes! It fits perfect! Queen-dom here I come!

Oh my gosh! Its almost two o'clock. I have to hurry. How am I going to do my hair? Everyone sees it straight all the time. I know, I can curl it. Such hard work to be a queen. Ok. That looks good. I have to hurry up and get to the banquet hall, or I will be late. A Queen cannot be late on her first day as a Queen.

Guess who is on the committee? Rob and Walt! This is going to be easy! I am already Queen! Ha ha ha. I know Rob will vote for me and I just have to wink at Walt and I will be Queen! Hi Rob, I didn't know you would be here. Oh look Walt is here also. Wink, wink.

Well the vote is going well. I look better than everyone here. Only two other bees showed up. I can trip Jennifer when she is walking up, and I can scare away Marie. Here comes Jennifer now. Stick out your foot, act natural. BLAM! And she hits the floor! One down and one to go. So, Marie, did you know that as Queen bee you have to give birth to bee larva all day? No? Are you sure this position is for you? Well, thanks for coming! Have a great day!? Run away weakling, run away! Two down, none to go! I win! Show me to my quarters! My first day as Queen officially starts tomorrow. Today the drone bees move my stuff for me. It is so hard being Queen. I will get a good nights sleep tonight and start ruling tomorrow. I can hardly wait!

Good morning Queen! That is such a wonderful thing to hear! Time to start ruling my beehive. First order of business- Rob! I need a good guy to be at my beck and call. That guy will be Rob. Bring him to me. Good. The drone bees listen really well. Second order of business- no one is to bother us. Be gone! Isn't this great Rob! After I knocked off the Queen everything just fell into place. You and I will have this hive until the end of time. I am getting sort of sleepy. Leave me alone to sleep.

Huh? what is going on. Leave me alone! What are you doing! I am the Queen Bee. Rob, how could you? You told everyone that I killed the last queen! Why? You thought I was bossy! But? But? You were going to rule the hive with me. You don't believe me! Well at least you were right about that. I was going to use you then lose you! What is going to happen to me now? Oh no! Not that! My wings, pulled off. Not my beautiful wings! Can't I just sting someone? No! But, my wings! What will I do? That's not my problem, you say. What can I do? I have got to think quickly. I can't think of anything! What am I going to do?

Well here I am about to have my wings pulled off. It was a good few days. I am glad you were here. Just do not get any ideas and try to kill your queen bee and take over your hive. I guess I deserve to have my wings pulled off. I did kill the queen and take the hive.

This is where my story ends. I will spare you the nasty details of what is about to happen. It is not going to be pretty. Take heed- do not do what I did. Figure out a way to not get caught!

Sincerely,

Queen Bee
G-Mom grinnnn

#128136 May 26th, 2005 at 03:49 PM
thumbup
Ally wants to read it a 2nd time!!! wink

#128137 May 26th, 2005 at 08:07 PM
Mom,

Its 5 inches , and 2 centimeters !

laugh laugh laugh

I always knew you were verticaly challenged, but I didn't know that you were that challenged!

laugh laugh laugh

Gdaughter

#128138 May 26th, 2005 at 08:31 PM
wavey kareena,
THAT was GREAT!!!!! do you mind if i send it to my mom? she'll LOVE it thumbup do you mind if i print it? i would lovre to have it on hand when my friend's daughter comes over. i think she would get a kick out of it laugh wink what a great story i just luv it wink

#128139 May 26th, 2005 at 09:39 PM
How creative, Kareena! I bet my kids would have loved that story when they were younger. I may have to print it out (May I?) to read to my grand-children when they get a bit older. grinnnn

Dianna

#128140 May 26th, 2005 at 10:04 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Oh my goodness Kareena...what a talent. You are so descriptive and creative. What a wonderful story...have you thought of writing children's books? If you ever do, you can use Peanut as a guinea pig and test them all on him! thumbup

Mom,

Its 5 inches , and 2 centimeters !
[Linked Image]
definately on the floor with that one!!!!!

#128141 May 27th, 2005 at 03:57 AM
wow that's terrific kareena!! yea I agree with vanessa you would be a GREAT children's book author!! kissies

#128142 May 27th, 2005 at 04:54 AM
flw duckie

#128143 May 27th, 2005 at 03:31 PM
Thanks to all of y'all. kissies

I don't mind if anyone prints it up.

But, every one PM me with your address. I have an idea! shk

Kareena

#128144 July 19th, 2005 at 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok...so here we go with.....

Part 2 of the Bumblebee Chronicles
Undercover Investigation

My name is Rob. I was sent to this hive as an undercover agent.
There are suspicions about a bee trying to kill the Queen Bee. It is my job
to figure out exactly what is going on. I believe I know who it is. I have
been establishing a relationship with her over the last few weeks.
Today we are going to a garden that my supervisor, Karen, suggested.
I have been coming to this garden for the last few weeks. This will be the
first time for Karissa. She has been bugging me about the "Batface" flower
that I have told her about. It will be somewhat dangerous to get to the
garden, but it is such a wonderful day outside it will be worth it. While
the suspect is working I am going to meet with Karen. This will be a
dangerous meeting. We will be out in public, so I will have to act casually.
I am meeting up with the suspect, Karissa, soon to go to the garden. I hope
this goes well.
There is Karissa now. She is very stuck on herself. She thinks that
the hive revolves around her, and that she is the most beautiful bee in the
hive. She will flirt and strut her stuff (if you know what I mean) to get
her way! If for some reason she does not get her way, she will pitch a hissy
fit! She will do what ever it takes, no matter what, to get what she wants!
That's the reason we suspect that she might be trying to kill the Queen.
Over the last few weeks, I believe Karissa has developed a slight
crush on me. She has not left me alone for a second, and if any one else
speaks to me she becomes possessive! She does not want anyone else talking
to me. She is such a needy, spoiled rotten bee! She is not all there in the
head. She doesn't pay attention to what she is doing most of the time. Just
a moment ago while we were on our way to the garden, she crashed into me
because she was not paying attention to where she was going. At least we
made it here in one piece.
I have suggested that she check out the "Betty Boop" rose so that I
can keep an eye on her while I meet with Karen. She insists that she likes
the "Bearded Iris" better. What ever! Just scram so I can take care of
business. There is Karen now. Sorry but this is confidential information. I
will have to get back to you later.
Well that was an interesting meeting. Now I have my updated orders
and I am back to my undercover self. Back at the hive we are told that there
was an attack on the hive and some good friends during the battle. Tonight
there will be a celebration in their memory. Jo, Karissa's friend, informs
me that she switched jobs with Karissa. Karissa plans on killing the queen
tonight, she is planning on poisoning the queen with her food! I have to do
something. I have to let Karissa think she is getting away with the murder
by pretending that I do not know anything about her plot to kill the queen!
Everything has gone smoothly so far. The celebration is beginning
and Karissa is blissfully unaware. I will take care of the queen and get
back to the party. Karissa is sneaking up to the Queen now. Jo will detour
Karissa before she can get to the queen, and tell her that everything is
going as planned. There is Jo now, and Karissa is right on cue. Jo has
dropped the "Everything is ok" line. Now I need to get back to the party, so
I don't look suspicious!
I will have to keep Karissa busy all night. To do that I will need to dance
with her all night long and even walk her to her room. Sometimes being
undercover isn't so pretty! In the morning, after a good nights sleep, part
two of my plan will go into effect.
This morning I am having the whole hive report to the banquet hall for an
announcement. We will announce that the Queen died last night in her sleep
(of course she did not, we hid the Queen at another hive.), then this
afternoon we will choose a new queen. Everyone who wishes to be considered
for Queen is supposed to come back to the banquet hall at 2pm this
afternoon, after a "Selection Committee," with Walt and myself on it, is
selected. All I have to do now is sit back and watch the show.
Its now 2 pm. Karissa (of course) is here, along with Jennifer and Marie.
Jennifer and Marie are only here as decoys. I want to see how Karissa reacts
to a little competition. Karissa is flirting with Walt! She is such a flirt!
She will do anything to be Queen! Jennifer is coming up now. Karissa tripped
her! What is she thinking! Now Marie is running away crying! I guess Karissa
wins by default. The way Karissa has acted today is suspicious, but not
enough to convict her. I need some hard evidence to convict her. I will wait
until tomorrow when she is comfortable in the Queen's suite to get a
confession out of her.
This morning the new 'Queen' is all settled in her suite. I have a
wire on to record everything that is said between the 'Queen' and I and
then, Karen and the real Queen will hear it. As soon as Karissa confesses to
killing the previous Queen I will have all the evidence I need to convict
her. It is typical for a murderer to confess to someone. I will make sure
she confesses to me!
"Isn't this great, Rob? After I knocked off the queen everything just fell
into place. You and I will have this hive until the end of time. I am
getting sort of sleepy. Leave me alone to sleep." There is her confession!
Boy, that was easy!
I took the tape to my supervisor. She and previous Queen said that I have
everything I need to convict Karissa. The sentence for attempting to kill
the Queen is to have the wings of the assassin pulled off. Now we get to
have some fun!
"Queen Bee, you have been caught attempting to kill the prior Queen Bee! For
that the sentence is to get your wings pulled off! No, you cannot sting some
one! Do you have any last words? No last words? Ok, off to the wing pulling
chamber!"
"Mrs. Queen bee, Karissa has been 'taken care of.' Is there anything else
that you wish of me? No. OK. Thank you for letting me assist in the
investigation." I am so glad that it is all over. Now I can go back to my
normal life, with the wife and kids!

G-Mom grinnnn

#128145 July 19th, 2005 at 07:59 PM
Mom, how did you get that one?

#128146 July 19th, 2005 at 08:01 PM
As I said before, Kareena, you are a very talented and imaginative young lady. I hope you do something with your gift!

Dianna

#128147 July 19th, 2005 at 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get what one,Kareena?

G-Mom grinnnn

#128148 July 19th, 2005 at 08:59 PM
The second one. I don't remember sending it to you.

#128149 July 20th, 2005 at 09:40 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Kareena.....Mother's know ALL, see ALL, can get ALL....no child is safe when there is a mother lurking around! laugh

And, I will say again...you NEED to be writing children's books! You have a gift and could reach so many children and make them smile!

May I have your autograph BEFORE you get famous?
Just so I can say I knew you when....

#128150 July 20th, 2005 at 09:48 AM
YEAH!! Me Too!!! grinnnn grinnnn

#128151 July 20th, 2005 at 09:57 AM
Well dang, I could have sworn I posted here. Love the stories, both of them! Cannot wait to read them to Lys.

Link Copied to Clipboard