This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127620 May 25th, 2005 at 09:50 PM
M
mearow Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yehaww! I am so excited its getting time to pick the fruits and veggies of my labor.
The squash is doing great. We mulched around them with hay and interplanted calendulas in between the plants. Fish emulsion, chicken poop (from our hens) bone and blood meal and plenty of water was used to help them along. Yesterday our first squash was ready to pick and boy did it feel good!

The tomatoes we planted with borage, marigolds and basil. Fertilized with the same as we did the squash and man they are getting so big!! I can't wait to have a taste of them. Everything is looking heatlhy so far and we are so proud. Thanks guys for all the help and advice so far and when summer starts to fade and fall crops are ready to plant Im sure I will asking 10 million questions again.

I am taking pictures today of the garden and I will try to get a pic up here or at least a link so you guys can see it. Oh and I did have one quick question (of course, hehe) Since we are using the chicken poop we had some corn show up around the garden, do you think its safe to let it grow so long as we feed it or do I need to go ahead and pull it out?

#127621 May 25th, 2005 at 10:34 PM
I am so excited its getting time to pick the fruits and veggies of my labor.
that has to be one of the most satisfying things that we can do thumbup
Since we are using the chicken poop we had some corn show up around the garden, do you think its safe to let it grow so long as we feed it or do I need to go ahead and pull it out?
no too sure about that one laugh laugh
i don't know if there would be any "side affects"
you know like seeing pink elephants laugh wink

#127622 May 26th, 2005 at 03:40 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
wink mearow leave the corn there is will help the soil also good to help keep funus down. the corn want hurt your other veggies unless it is right next to them. We use to plant corn in with our squash,watermelons and cantelopes as a kid never had any problem hauled them all to town togther as best we could.
Jimmy

#127623 May 27th, 2005 at 01:47 AM
wow that's excellent!! good luck on getting more from your garden!! thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard