This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127203 May 10th, 2005 at 10:17 PM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
i registered with them so i can post some pics but i don't know exactally how to do it eek HELP PLEASE grinnnn

#127204 May 10th, 2005 at 11:06 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I guess you might have to join Vanessa in my Photobucket 101 class.
thumbup

#127205 May 11th, 2005 at 12:26 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey Phoenix,

Welcome to the photobucket club. That's the one I joined too. I couldn't get the draw and drop way to complicated for me. But my album and then browse my pictures then submit and I had them up loaded. then i just clicked on the URL for the picture I wanted and that highlighted it and [control] c then come over to the forum reply click on the url button [contol] v and I was posting pictures.

#127206 May 11th, 2005 at 03:28 AM
[control] c and [control] v is just copying and pasting. You can do that by clicking the right button on the mouse...a little box will pop up that has the options that you'll want. The thing with photobucket is that you have to go to "your album" and then click the "browse" button in order to upload the pictures. A window will pop up that basically wants you to look through your computer and select the picture that you want to upload....so you need to know where your pictures are. I usually keep mine in the "my pictures" folder on the hard drive. Its easy to find. And once you use that for your uploading pictures, then you won't have to find it again. You double click on the picture you want to upload and then click the "submit" button on photobucket. It'll take a little bit until its done uploading...depending on your connection speed. Then the webpage will refresh and your picture will be in a little frame with 3 different codes under it. Before you post the picture onto The Garden Helper, you'll want to click on the picture once to see how big the photo actually is. If it is gigantic, then you'll want to click the big photo and then click "edit" which is above the photo. Click "reduce to 50% of original" and then ok or edit button. It will resize the photo. Then open up another browser window and bring up the thread that you want to post the picture in. Click the "image" button below the text box. A little box will pop up. Go to the other window (with photobucket in it) and double click the little box that has the URL code in it. The coding should be highlighted. Click on the right button on your mouse and then click "copy" in the little window that pops up. Then go back to the forum's window. In the box that popped up click the text box, then the right mouse button. Then click on "paste" in the little box that popped up. The coding should have been put into that box. Then click on "ok". You'll see a bunch of coding in the text box now. Click on "preview post" to make sure that the coding worked right. If you see your picture, you've posted it correctly. I hope this helps!

#127207 May 11th, 2005 at 04:41 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
WHEW! shk that's scary!

#127208 May 11th, 2005 at 05:10 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
shocked Took Bill and meg to show me how to do it download bill finaly sent me the photo Faq sheet.
read it over and over and over and over practiced about an hour finaly learned how .Whew Havent stopped posted photo's yet laugh . Jut upload from your camera to your computer I use Micorsoft picture it. Save as web ready to my pictures in
Document then upload to photo bucket after that hiright click on image click copy go to the forum your posting on click and paste. Was easy after all the work trying to understand how.
confused
WORK yuk
laugh
Jimmy

#127209 May 11th, 2005 at 05:59 AM
yea I finally learned how to post pictures too...I'm using imagestation right now and I posted some pics on another gardening forum I go to and somebody there said that it was against the imagestation rules to use their site (imagestation) to post pics on another site or something like that?? ok I know that is REALLY confusing lol laugh

#127210 May 11th, 2005 at 11:32 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Not hard not scary FUN !!!! Attitude is 2/3rds of the battle.

Go to photobucket.

Click on my album.

See the browser box? You have probably used them to do attachments for your e-mail right? Same thing here.

The disk that came with the camera puts the pictures in two places on your harddrive. One is inside it's program picture files those won't work for uploading.

The My pictures folder that windows has as a default is the other place. Those pictures will work.

Once you find that folder change the folder type to detail. That way you see the pictures. bottom left of the screen you can select the picture you want.

Once you do that move back over to the photobucket. In the browse box will be the title of the picture. Don't change the title. Move down the screen a bit and you will see submit. Click on that.

A little lower on the screen you will see your picture. The newest picture is always displayed top left.

Below the picture the first line says URL and there is a box with the URL of your picture in it.

I only have to click once to highlight it. Once that is done you can copy it either way you want to. Me I use the control key and c but the other way works too.

Then go to the forum post a reply and remember Bill is very thoughtful and has done everything for you that can be done.

when you get where you want to post the picture in your post. Go down to the image button and click on it.

The little gray box will appear. As soon as you see it you can paste the URL. If you don't click on the "http: text box" you will find you don't have to delete that. It will go in exactly the way it should. Without ever entering the text box at all just click on the OK.

That takes you back to the post. Don't change anything about the information that shows up there just go on and write anything else you want to.

And then post it as you always do.

#127211 May 11th, 2005 at 04:05 PM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
waveyeveryone,
thanks for all the replies. how about my picture phone the pictures i want to post are on that.do i need to put them on my home pc hard drive? or can i just send them to the forum some how?? Duh
eek eek i'm not very computer compatible. i know how to do all the basics but it ends there really.

#127212 May 11th, 2005 at 04:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to download them into your computer. Then you can go to photobucket and download them there. Then you can post them here thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#127213 May 11th, 2005 at 04:20 PM
phoenix Offline OP
OP Offline
laugh oh...thats it? i thought there would be more to it. kissies

Link Copied to Clipboard