This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#125856 June 9th, 2005 at 09:57 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
The black shelves for over the couch arrived today. I should have known they would be the first to arrive. Well now I have to get that wall washed and the rug moved since I have to move the couch to do either of those things. Thank heavens for air conditioning or everything would be waiting for fall.

#125857 June 10th, 2005 at 03:59 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Tammy, Sweetie, sorry, I have bit on my tongue all day but I just can't do it anymore.....

The shelves first....only 3 of them. ok??????

teech

#125858 June 10th, 2005 at 04:05 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
idea

what about using the 4th shelf on the wall above your dining table. Put maybe baskets and some kind of orange tropical flowers on it! And a couple candlesticks with rust colored candles..

Whattya think????????

#125859 June 10th, 2005 at 08:18 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Sorry should have been more specific. The shelves go from 24 inches long to about 5 inches long. So that would be a really short shelf I'm not really sure that I'll put that one up at all. Anyway they are black and I really what to hold to the bamboo/wicker/reed for the wood.

I like the basket with orange tropical flowers in it. I have a jute round 12" basket do you think that would work as my center piece on the table? Maybe two candles sticking out of the middle of the flowers? And maybe use the off white color for the candles? Because if I paint that wall rust I'm going to loose the candles against it. While the flowers will have the greenery behind them to keep them from blending in.

Did I also mention that I found two grass mats at Walmart? Actually I found 3 but one was broken. Don't know exactly what I'm suppose to do with them but I'm sure they fit somewhere lol.

The nicotine patches cost 60 dollars this month. Hope I don't have to buy them again next month. I want that money for the garden and the redecorating. I look for a cigarette about every thirty seconds grrrrrh. I did ask god to help me with this so at least I haven't run off to buy cigarettes at the store yet.

I don't want to lose this long post so I'm going to send it now.

#125860 June 10th, 2005 at 12:39 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Well I've finally got the rug turned around and pointed I think that is going to be perfect. Now I am washing the couch wall so I can paint it and then hang the shelves. Do I need to mention this is going to take awhile lol. The couch is hanging out in the dinningroom while this goes on. Wish me luck.

Second sitdown:

...why am I doing this? Because I want a pretty home not something that looks like a barracks. It is going to be worth it and I am going to be very happy. Motivational speech one lol. Oh boy am I tired.

#125861 June 10th, 2005 at 03:14 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
ok now let that dry, spackle, let that dry, paint let that dry and I can begin hanging shelves lol. Fun!

#125862 June 10th, 2005 at 05:08 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Oh....5 inches....ok. Well so much for that bright idea. Duh

How about ivory or beige candles instead. Not so harsh against the rust wall as white but still has pop. I think your centerpiece sounds lovely.

Cool about the mats. You will figure out something I am sure! How big are they? I already have like .... 2 things I think could be done but they depend on the dimensions.

I have got to get this camera boxed up (I haven't left the old homestead since Sunday except to go to meetings). I can hardly wait to see what you have done with your living room. Did you say no living landscape? So what is plan B?????

#125863 June 10th, 2005 at 08:42 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Ivory pretty pretty color, I like it. The mats are 5 ft by 3 1/2 ft. They have some orange plastic around the edges but I figured some glue and some trim of some sort would fix that. They are the light green grass mat color lol. If that helps at all (probably not).

The caladiums are threatening dire consequences if I move them and that's where I was going to put the interior landscape sooooooooooo. Since they have gotten so tall right to the bottom of the peacock shelf I thought maybe I could put my two coleus 'fack' in the box with them paint the planter blue and green and call it done. What do you think? Probably not, I don't want to try painting a planter that already has something growing in it. Or maybe add some of the red and green caladium bulbs to the planter next year so that it would have alittle more color. Right now the planter is white so it blends in with the wall. Or maybe the planter blending in with the wall is a good idea. And the caladium are the white and green ones.

I don't know lol. Right now if is full of drop clothes, broken chairs old buckets of spackle and paint buckets, brushes, rollers and pans in there and with the couch out of there it looks horrible. Let me get it put back together and maybe I can remember what I was thinking lol. I think I'm having brain freeze. I am having a really hard time staying on track so far this month. I'm feeling very scattered. Does that make any sense?

I've been trying to make a list so I don't forget anything but I'm sure I've forgotten some of our ideas.

Peacock Shelf, (D)
Sconces for beside the Peacock Shelf,
Shelves for over the couch, (D)
Floor lamp for the left side of the mantle,
emerald green small vases or urns for the sconces,
10 inch peacock feathers for inside the small vases,
Cobalt blue vase for the purple passion plant, (D)
Butterfly stained glass lamp for couch selves
Feather masks for upper wall area over the couch
Slipcover for couch Cobalt Blue or Emerald Green
Move the black fur pillows on to the couch when the slip cover gets here,
A window shelf full length (black ?) And more plants!!!!! lol

I just got an idea. Lord help me with the ideas. I put the caladium on the floor beside the table and they are as tall as the table. Then I put the 20" vase on the table. along with the "found black metal candle holder" It's not right but maybe I'm getting closer. I'll take pictures of all of it so you can see. I think it's getting as cluttered as my brain right now.

I know with you helping me it will look nice once everything is in there and you help me arrange it all.

#125864 June 12th, 2005 at 04:33 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I was just wondering if the grass mats would cover the shop light. But they sound more like a table cloth or wall hanging type of thing. I'm thinking, I'm thinking!

Ok what about your found black cndle holder going somewhere around the white caladiums? And the 20" vase under the peacock shelf? Can your planter be put inside of another planter or....a fake planter put around the real one?????

I'll quit until you have all the work you are doing done. You are a busy bee and I get the easy part of thinking things up. However it is also a load of fun helping you. Thanks for letting me share your projects.

#125865 June 12th, 2005 at 08:37 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
hehehe,

I'm learning I looked at the shop light too. But it doesn't quite fit to long one way and not long enough the other. I was thinking since they are suppose to be layed on like a beach towel maybe they would work on the floor until I could come up with a nice area rug for the area. I know it would just be a runner but maybe?

Yep I raised the vase up on the table so it held the "high point" then the candleholder and then the coleus. The caladium are hiding in the corner on the floor. The sun kept comming in and finding them and they were turning green all of a sudden. My problem with that arrangement is that the candleholder got lost against the other darker colors. So now I have the candleholder on top where it is against the white wall and the vase and coleus are holding the lower front positions. Which still doesn't work right lol. The vase is to big to be a secondary piece I think. I'll have to send you pictures of it arranged each way so you can tell me what I am missing. I'm thinking that the pot I have the coleus in is way to big and the white may be throwing everything off. But I know if you see pictures you can square me away in short order.

I slightly larger planter for the caladuim is definitely the way to go I think. I never would have thought of that. Thank you for that idea.

#125866 June 15th, 2005 at 06:10 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
That way you could also make the planter cobalt blue and make it really striking.

I never seem to get into town when the post office is open so I haven't sent the camera yet. I promise I will get it out by Friday. Ok?

#125867 June 15th, 2005 at 07:10 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I think we need to start thinking about the green from the rug. It's appearing kind of lonely there all by itself. The plants don't seem to be producing enough green to really make it feel like a part of the room. When I get the pictures going hopefully you will be able to see what I mean.

#125868 June 15th, 2005 at 11:30 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I FORGOT THE RUG!!! LOLOLOL

You are right....we do need some more green.

#125869 June 16th, 2005 at 01:37 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I can't figure out how to do it but I know you'll come up with a plan. My brain is bound and determined to do a shut down. Ideas are just about nil at this point.

Link Copied to Clipboard