This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#124889 November 7th, 2005 at 02:28 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Weezie...I have seen such a bathroom! No joke...it was originally designed as a handicap-acsessable, tile everything. big drain in the middle of the floor, watertight door...
NO WAYYYYY, I thought I invented that
idea.......

Goshhhhhh, my kids need that soooooooooooo bad..
**I'd like to stand them in the middle of
it somedays!!! :rolleyes: mad ** wink laugh

#124890 November 7th, 2005 at 05:00 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
I think the WHOLE house should have a drain in each room....pull out a power washer and wash all the dirt down....hit another switch and it would dry everything water mark free. thumbup

I already use a compressor to blow out under the fridge thumbup

I sure wish I could use my leaf blower to blow out the rest of the dirt in the house....right out the back door.LOL

#124891 November 8th, 2005 at 01:30 AM
i really dont see the issue. its like people freaking out about 25% of the weight of their pillow being made up of dust mites and their feces. unless you have allergies, theres no reason to freak out about it. they dont hurt you, they just eat dead skin cells. who cares?

there are bacteria and microscopic organisms on EVERY surface, including YOU. unless they're harmful and cause illness, theres really no point in worrying about because your never going to get rid of them all and your just going to drive yourself crazy if you try.

#124892 November 8th, 2005 at 01:34 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
(for me, I meant cause the boys
are allllllllways missin' the part
where there's WATER...)

#124893 November 8th, 2005 at 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by weezie13:
(for me, I meant cause the boys are allllllllways missin' the part where there's WATER...)
that's what i was thinking... it was so much harder to teach the little boys to aim... now, for big boys... i have a story for the nut house!

#124894 November 8th, 2005 at 10:09 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
There's an email going around with a picture
of an urinal... and there's a fly right down
somewher'es around the drain hole area...

And when you zoom in on it, it's a
PAINTED ON FLY..
and there's been some study studied..
that shows that when something like that is
there, the men are almost 100% guarenteed to
hit the spot, cause they're tryin' to p## on the fly!! :rolleyes: wink laugh laugh

#124895 November 8th, 2005 at 10:23 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...just like I just said in forum 51...you don't even want to get me started on this subject! laugh

I like those little foam capsules you throw into the commode for little boys...they dissolve and a little monster or animal or something pops out (like sponge stuff) and the little boy aims for it...CHA-CHING!
They need to make those for men and have spongey heavy equipment, or tax documents, or mother-in-laws, etc. that pop out of them.....

#124896 November 8th, 2005 at 10:30 AM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

You could be a millionare!!!

#124897 November 8th, 2005 at 11:48 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I agree with what Sorathien.......

People are always using the
Antibacterial Soaps for washing their hands...
Which really, from what all I've read, shouldn't be used...

Cause the "hands" have a good bacteria on your
hands, and when you use the Anti~bacterial soaps,
the soap can't differentiate between good bacteria/germs and bad bacteria/germs.
So it all gets killed and you need that
good bacteria to combat the bad stuff....

You know what was said long ago....
something about eating a pound of dirt before you die...

#124898 November 9th, 2005 at 06:27 AM
I totally agree about the dust mites and the anti-bacterial soap. I just want my kitchen and bathroom to LOOK clean and be salmonella free, but I'm not planning on eating off any floors.

Okay, that's HYSTERICAL about the fly.

#124899 November 9th, 2005 at 08:41 AM
something about eating a pound of dirt before you die...
shk

I'm way over that quota, I drink about a pound every summer when I have my coffee cup out in the garden. nutz laugh

#124900 November 9th, 2005 at 08:54 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
thumbup thumbup laugh laugh lala

#124901 November 13th, 2005 at 06:30 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
OK.... Something came over me after I got my new dishwasher and I think I went into Felix Unger mode.... but I just finished washing every dish, glass, cup, pot and pan in the house. Cleaned and reorganized every shelf and cupboard, stripped the pantry (threw away a garbage can full of old pancake mix etc) and reorganized it....

Now I have a couple of questions.... Duh

• What am I supposed to do with the 4 tupperware containers without lids, and the 7 lids without containers? (the ex bought every tupper in existence!) mad
  • If tupperware is so great, why cant they design it so it can be stored one inside another, inside another?
  • I HATE Tupperware!
  • There are 4 round glass lids..... will whatever they go to re-appear as soon as I throw them away.
  • There was a can of artichoke hearts way in the back of the pantry that had something black oooozing out of the seams.... want some??? grinnnn

Now I have to clean out the cabinet under the kitchen sink.... That place is SCARY!! sca

#124902 November 13th, 2005 at 06:37 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
What am I supposed to do with the 4 tupperware containers without lids, and the 7 lids without containers? (the ex bought every tupper in existence!)
Put them in the garage. When & if you ever have a painting project...use the bowls. The lids make a good rest for your paint brush if you need to lay it down!! The lids are also good to use under a flower pot so moisture doesn't get on your table. If the bowls without lids are big enough...you could use them as mixing bowls...dipping bowls...it's endless...

#124903 November 13th, 2005 at 06:38 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Oh...and ...I think I will pass on the artichoke hearts this round...maybe next time!

#124904 November 13th, 2005 at 06:56 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ohhhhhhhhh yeah, I'd pass on the artichoke hearts too!!!

There are 4 round glass lids..... will whatever they go to re-appear as soon as I throw them away.
0h YES, it's a murphy's law!!! wink laugh p

#124905 November 13th, 2005 at 07:47 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
The lids are also good to use under a flower pot so moisture doesn't get on your table.
I thought that was what the 23 mis-matched plates and bowls were for! shk

#124906 November 13th, 2005 at 10:43 AM
How long has the mrs. been gone? Now Tupperwear does fit inside each other and the bowls and lids smash down to flat as a flitter. And Tupperwear doesn't stain. I got on a Tupperwear tour a while back when everyone I knew was having parties. I never liked it for just the reasons you stated and because I always thought it felt slimy. Now it's a whole new experience.

I put white ceramic tile in my downstairs bathroom. BIG mistake.

I figure if I can't see the dirt and crud in regular light then God doesn't mean for me to see it.

#124907 November 13th, 2005 at 01:43 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
How long has the mrs. been gone?
The "evil one" walked out on Shaun and I about ten wonderful years ago clp I sure wish she would have taken the *%#! tupperware with her though! :rolleyes:

#124908 November 13th, 2005 at 05:37 PM
Plus, Tupperware has a "no questions asked" exchange policy.

Once, I sat a big Tupperware bowl absentmindedly down on a still-hot electric burner that wasn't red anymore. Melted the pot. My Tupperware lady came by a day or two later and told me about the replacement policy and brought me a new one to match the remaining lid. And it was my fault, too, not a product flaw.

Merme

#124909 November 13th, 2005 at 08:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want somethting that is compact and well organized you should look for one of these....

49 piece plastic food storage carousel system

I recently got one at my local store for $9.97,they were originally $40 when they first started selling them. I love it thumbup I ditched all of my old stuff and was able to store it in a smaller cabinet,which gave me alot more space for other stuff. They are microwave and dishwasher safe and 1 lid fits all 3 sizes thumbup

#124910 November 13th, 2005 at 09:03 PM
G-mom ~ I've seen those heavily advertized all over the place and wondered how they are in real life, up close and personal. It is good to hear you say you like them, knowing what a good cook you are. Thanks for the tip!

Merme

#124911 November 13th, 2005 at 09:24 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I've seen them too....
but how are they to holdin' up
to tomato products/staining??????

And/or heating up tomato stuff in the
micro.. that's where you loose me in the
one's that aren't disposable...

I must be Italian, cause everything I make
is tomato based it seems...

Tomato Rice soup, homemade spaghetti sause, chili, taco's, homemade tomato based vegetable soup, etc...

#124912 November 13th, 2005 at 09:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've stored spaghetti sauce in them and don't have any stains,they clean up real good. One of the features I really like is that it is on a base that slides out of the cabinet,for easy reach. Everyone that has seen mine wants one too thumbup

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard