This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12412 June 3rd, 2003 at 05:44 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Hi, I've had lots of problems with deer coming in and eating my garden. I've tried many different things with very little success. I have had a couple people tell me about a repellant called deer scram. I was wondering if anyone has tried this or if they can tell me if this stuff works. More info is at the companies website: www.nomoredeer.com. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#12413 June 3rd, 2003 at 06:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just joined this board and it looks like my timing couldn't have been better. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Guy Johnson and I am the owner of No More Deer.

We have massive deer problems in our area over the last 10 years and my team and I were dedicated to solving this. The product of our work is called Deer Scram. Our product isn't like other deer repellents that simply keep the deer away by an offensive smell. Our all-natural granulated formula puts the fear of death into the deer and sends them running. The best part about it is that it is GUARANTEED TO WORK. If our product does not keep the deer away, we will give you your money back.

If anyone wants to find out more, please visit our website at http://www.nomoredeer.com.

#12414 June 3rd, 2003 at 08:27 AM
Guy,
Nice to meet you..Welcome to the forum.Do deer eat cucumber plants? Just went out the other day some my leaves were gone..lol If it keeps up i might have to give your Deer Repellant a try..Thanks for the info on it.. wink

#12415 June 3rd, 2003 at 12:22 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello No More Deer Guy!
Welcome to the forum!!!

What's in there to make them fear/?

Bear poop/???

We've got some in my backyard and I live in town (well, it's a country town but still! I was use to them in the country but in town?)

Glad to have you on board!!! Love to hear more about the product from some people!!!

How's it work on Woodchuck's?????????????????
*LOL*
Weezie wink

#12416 June 3rd, 2003 at 05:47 PM
M
M
Hey nomoredeer, what would be the advantage of your prduct over " Scoot". I have used it with success, albeit, I must redo after it rains so it seems from experience. Thanking u 4 a reply. I'll check out your website.

#12417 June 12th, 2003 at 08:36 AM
M
M
George,
I have recently purchased Deer Scram and I love it.. I have tried many different things to protect my precious garden vegetables, but this seems to work the best... thanks for the info.

#12418 June 12th, 2003 at 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monty-

Scoot is a hotsauce based repellent which generally works as a taste barrier althouggh it has mild smell repelling qualities also. It has been our experience from cutomer comments that hot sauce repellents are not sufficient in high deer pressure areas.

Commercial hotsauce repllents are easily duplicated (except for diluting to poper spray concentrations) in anyone's kitchen. They do work somewhat.

Scoot does not appear to have a sticker so will indeed wash off in rain.

Deer Scram will stop deer from even tasting plants when used as directed.

Finally, we're not certain of Scoot's coverage rates. But if it is similar to other sprays as it is likely to be, Deer Scram will provide greater effective protectioon coverage for less money.

#12419 June 13th, 2003 at 03:35 PM
F
F
I've got a deer repellant.... it's very inexpensive and it's 100% effective... just requires a little coordnation and a little patience.... laugh

#12420 June 13th, 2003 at 04:08 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I need you up here Bob,
I have four woodchuck's living under my husbands shed, and the other morning I looked out the back door and guess where I saw 2 or the 4????
Sitting on top of my humane trap to get a better view of the sweet tastin' buds I'm serving them!!!!
Oooh, made me sooooo maddddd!!!!!!!!!!!Weezie mad

#12421 June 14th, 2003 at 04:20 PM
F
F
Weezie, u r making things very difficult for yourself. Just find where their den is and drop some "candy" down the hole... laugh
Job done!

#12422 June 14th, 2003 at 05:28 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Bob,
What do you mean by "candy"????
Weez mad frown confused

#12423 June 14th, 2003 at 06:03 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
What is a poisoned goodie that woodchuck's like???
I only see them eating fresh flower buds....
Weezie mad confused

#12424 June 15th, 2003 at 06:28 AM
F
F
I understand that broccoli is their favorite vegetable. If u could apply some poison to it and place in or around their den, they might chow down on it. I'm really not an expert in that area. There are kill traps that that they sell too.Is the goal to kill or just to repel? Do u care if they suffer? I can place a bullet between their eyeballs and accomplish the same thing without any suffering and at minimal cost. The groundhog is a rodent by the way...
Placing a fence around your garden might ward them off, but they might dig under it. Placing some stinky smelly stuff on some plants to repel them seems useless (and perhaps costly).U must trap them alive or trap them dead, or kill them some other way.
It's funny... the bigger the animal, the more guilt people have about killing them. If it was a mouse or a Japanese beetle, u wouldn't give a d*m.
U torture those japanese beetles by letting them swim in soap water... LOL Don't feel guilty about torturing groundhogs...
I'm not advocating torture at all... just trying to help solve your problem. If u depend on my garden for my family's livelihood or sustenance u don't need to be playing around. U r in New York and your growing seasoning is about over at the end of August. smile

#12425 June 29th, 2003 at 08:03 AM
A
A
Hello. I was just wondering that if that stuff worked so good then why dont they put in sprayers on the back of trucks and spray the sides of the roads to keep people from hitting deer. Maybe you can bring that up to someone and maybe you could make millions of off different cities and start a trend. smile :p

Link Copied to Clipboard