This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
hi everybody,

i cant sleep and that s because of something that happened at the airport this afternoon when i started work.

my super calls me ,we worked at the international gates going to u s,and tells me there is an hysterical girl(18 yrs o.) that is crying ,yeling,name it she was doing it;and she locked herself in handicaped rroom,he asks me to go try to make her open the door and calm her down,so here i go.

i finaly could get her to calm alittle and come out of there;as it is she was swedish talking with eng. accent. well i translated all that to my super(he does not trust himself under stress with his english.

she had the flight to us connecting to go home so as her eng. is slow she had herd that her flight was canceled and panic attact,started crying and everything.so after long minutes i could get her to sit and she told me she hasn t eat for 24 hrs,she had no money,didn t want to call her girlfriend(not lovers just friend)because she had treted her bad all the time she was visiting(she had 3 scars of cut on her arm)(don t ask,can t tell).well i fed her at burger king,paid with me money.you should have seen her eat that hamberger.paramedic came took her signs all normal asked a few q. to see if she was cukoo or druged,everything normal.

weell ends up she misunderstood and her flight was only delayd a few hrs.by that time we had called the airline also,and the agent took her to the gate but all this time when paramedic would ask her q. she would start panic and look at me to comfort her and for strenght,i was the only one she could trust,before she left on golf cart to the gate she thanked me amillion time and huged me so hard.

well i know you probably think my story is so long for this time of the night but i can t sleep,i tried to track her flight and if i m right she should be arriing aroud 2 am here.

maybe it ll help me to talk about it,i know i got praised from my BIG boss and it s all over the airport almost but i m still concerned until she gave me some news(gave her my net addy. told her keep me posted)

well now i m finish taking up you time, and hopefully can get to sleep.thank you for hearing me.

30 minutes after i helped a father save his 1 yr baby that had shocked on something and was becoming blue by the minute,the little guy made it,thank god,e hit his head on the cement floor and threw up all over,well he s fine now.

the first incident after i felt happy and with a sense of accomplishment,but the 2 nd. i felt awfull,because we almost lost the baby under my eyes,it s somthing to think about and i felt awfull.

well thank you very much, try to go to bed now.

crazy by the second franny.

i hope that you are sleeping by now, it is morning here already and that makes it around 2am for you. i dont really understand why you need to clear your conscience - you have to do that when you did something wrong. and her you did two amazing things in one day. there is a saying (from jewish scholars)
that when you save one life you savve an entire world. when you saved that baby you saved him and his kids and grandkids - you really saved another world. not evefyone can say that about themselves.
hope you sleep well - you should for you are now a person who has saved an entire world.

Francine-
You did 2 amazing things in 1 day! Sleep well for you deserve it. kissies

hinda- This is beautiful!
that when you save one life you save an entire world. when you saved that baby you saved him and his kids and grandkids
Donna flw

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Franny your not so crazy after all. You did too wonderful things yesterday How many of us can say we did? I know I did nothing to even compare to what you did. You must really be a great person. I know that girl will thank you the rest of her life. Hinda I have heard that saying before I beleive it to be true Franny did save more that a baby you saved a whole family line thus the world. You should feel great.
Jimmy

Way to go, Franny! We at the forum are very proud of you. I know the girl's and the baby's families feel like you saved their world. grinnnn I am glad you were there and were able to keep your head together while everyone else was so upset.

Dianna

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I think the lack of sleep is just adrenilin. It will wear off but it does take awhile. I think it's 24 hours but I'm sure someone here will know better than I do.

Just don't sit up drinking coffee thinking about it. (little joke).

You have done well.

kissies

Merme

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
franny, it wasn't your conscience bothering you, it was the adrenaline waiting for the next shoe to drop... you did great kissies you are a hero, and you will be better when you get some sleep.

and the key is to know that it wasn't almost losing the baby it was saving the baby for that, and giving the girl some help, you deserve all the commendations that you have gotten and will get.

kissies Well done, Frannie.

I hope you a got a good nights rest.

I'm looking forward to you posting a topic about you and Keiths toy run.

luv duckie

well done! clp clp clp clp clp clp

I agree with all the rest- you are a hero in my book too!
thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup

OP Offline
Hello everyone,

it s me again,this time a little more relax,i slept like a baby,keith sloring right next to me calm me down and rocked me to sleep,i want to thank each of you for your kind words and help,if ever i can repay it just say the word.well as i said each and everyone of you...here it goes:

Hinda,your words are so beautiful,you have a lot of wisdom and reading them i realised how true they were and i want to thank you very much,thank you very sage lady.

donna, didn t think i could do 1 of those things,even less 2 in the same after noon,thanks for the good words.

jimmy,my favorite wetback,each of us do wonderful things for others,i know this old lady living next to you would agree with me.keep this ticker runing,we need it,thank you for the nice words.

dianna,thank you very much but it took all my courage to keep cool cuz i m way too sensitive at times,thanks a lot.

mary,anyone would have done it,thankyou for saying dough.

jiffy,thank you for your words and you probably are right;but i m very happy a third shoe didn t dop.don t know about the hero part,maybe not a hero but certainly not a zero.

to my favorite duckie,yeskeith snoring relaxed me and i finally fell asleep right next to this6.2 and 300 ponder that made me feel strong again;yes toy run on the 27 of august and i ll try posting some pictures after,thanks for asking,you re very sweet and you opened a door ,thank you.

mrs blooming mountain,icall you like that because you probably passedthrough even worse thuings i did yesterday and more often,being an rn. people take you guys too much for granted but after yesterday i found an even greater respect for your proffession,which was already there after 10 surgeries and good care from all the nurses,thsank you.

and

nana,maybe not a hero but certainly not a zero,thank you very much.

well that s all folks,sorry for the long post,it may have sounded a liittle arrogant at times but the ones of you that knows me also know that it s not;but i really wanted to thank everyone of my friends....and now.....

CCCRRRAZZZY FFRAAANNNY IS BACK !!!!!

shocked thanks franny!

Link Copied to Clipboard