This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12388 December 4th, 2003 at 08:38 PM
OP Offline
My christmas cactus is in bloom! wink So I thought that I'd share some pics!?!?

[Linked Image]

I had to put something on the window ledge as the white and label on the window where very distracting, but the shimmer of the polor fleese is as well :x
[Linked Image]

This one I like becuase it looked like a caged bird against the screen!
[Linked Image]

#12389 December 4th, 2003 at 08:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice blooms!! thumbup Thanks for sharing them....mine is blooming now too, it has pink and white flowers on it...very pretty. smile

#12390 December 4th, 2003 at 09:00 PM
Very nice pictures - thanks for sharing! flw

I also have the pink and white ones which are in bloom now - love 'em!

#12391 December 4th, 2003 at 09:05 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Liz
Thanks for the pix....you have a good eye for that last shot!

All 5 of mine are bloomin as well. Aren't they just beautiful.
kit

#12392 December 4th, 2003 at 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beautiful! mine is just starting to take good root, so no blooms for me frown

#12393 December 4th, 2003 at 09:55 PM
OP Offline
ooops! I just looked at my post and noticed the green laughing guy! I cut and pasted the post from a photo forum that I am a part of and it was just smiling there! frown I didn't want a green laughing dude! I wanted a wink dude!

Lesson learned different forum, different code, different smilies! Oops!

I should have used this one flw !

#12394 December 4th, 2003 at 10:18 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Liz all fixed for you!
wavey

#12395 December 4th, 2003 at 10:44 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by catlover:
Liz all fixed for you!
wavey
thank you! thank you! wink

#12396 December 9th, 2003 at 06:11 PM
I just bought a red one yesterday.they plant card said 4.97 and the large ones were$7 but my reciept shows 1.97 so may have to make another 63 mile trip one way for another one and check that scan price for the large one or get my neighbor too being she works in Livingston
nice bloom shot has me drolling will have to go give a shot of fertilizer and a pep talk

#12397 December 10th, 2003 at 05:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why some of the unopened buds would fall off???? A lot have opened, but some of them are falling off..... Duh It's so pretty though...everyone that comes in my house says what nice blooms that are.....and, it was really inexpensive... thumbup

#12398 December 10th, 2003 at 05:07 PM
They like cool temps wen blooming...maybe too warm?? Duh

sometimes buds will twist off due to light...not moveing it are ya?I have mine outdoors but when we get down to 30 i do move into garage for the night but mark how its faceing so when take out in morning can place the same way it sat.my new red has 4 blooms but no buds are set to twist off so hoppeing it will develope more but looks good so far seems the red is darkening.I want another one already& they do prefer temps about 50-55& i can see the difference minus the fact the cat knocked plant into dormacy for extented period once 3 yrs ago.they do bloom better being keept cooler.also another thought would be if heating with gas the fumes can do things to certain plants like drop buds drop leaves completely.i read the article in one of my gas bill sheet add ins when lived in indpls they recomended keeping plants 5 ft from heat venting areas and where gas lines were located(like if plant was on stand beside gas stove may be slight gas leak from connection or water heater)

and on another note.....a white blooming cactus with pink tinted blooms is a named one called white christmas says is hybrid.so don't think is cause have white& pink in same bowl.they mentioned when it opened would show pink base

& pruneing sets them for branching& can prune anytime after finished flowering

anyone use cactigro or chempack?was mentioned as a cacti fertilizer the 2nd being a alanced one the 1st high in Potassom

also should check out the other ones the orchiad cacti/epiphyllum& easter cacti/hatiora(syn.rhiposalidopsis)......I like the orchiad one.should turn pics off on internet bad for me makes me want

#12399 December 10th, 2003 at 05:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Njoynit.....thanks for the info...this is the first christmas cactus I have had so I was unsure about how to really take care of it best.....Maybe I have it in a spot that is too warm.....I haven't moved it at all from the day I bought it...maybe I should try it in a cooler place..... wavey kissies

#12400 December 11th, 2003 at 04:21 PM
Beeyoootiful shots!
My favorite food for our Xmas cactus' is cactus Juice. Our favorite nurseryman recommended it as a good, all-around food. We give it to all our succulents, & they all bloom like crazy things.

#12401 December 11th, 2003 at 05:11 PM
I'll have to try the cactus juice.doubt would find at a grocer here...thats about a joke laugh
I've been eating my cactus paer fruit cause of throat bothering me and seems to have helped.i just drove down the other road out here this morning to ask a guy if could have his cactus pear fruit& some of his pads...LOL wavey

Link Copied to Clipboard