This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#123673 June 6th, 2005 at 06:11 PM
Therian Offline OP
OP Offline
I just found this forum last night. Actually I stumbled.. well tripped.. ok.. I fell into this forum really late last night/morning. Can't honestly say how I got here. It was one of those twisty, curvy, jumping from site to site things that I think got me here. I love the concept of this forum, and how it seems very down to earth and friendly. I wanted to say "thank you" to those who give of their time, and knowledge to help others who need gardening help, and of course "thanks" to the developer/owner of the forum.
I don't know.. something just told me when I saw this place in the blurry hours of "mumble o'clock in the morning that I'm going to like it here".
I've been on the internet for years, and BBSs before that, and all this stuff of being able to connect to people all across the world and share knowledge through the internet still amazes me. At any rate.. I am here. smile
I have some limited experience with gardening, but not much. My last garden was in NC where it seems (at least to me) things grew pretty easily. I have since that time moved to the arctic north a.k.a. Rochester NY, and I'm trying to deal with (what seems to me) profoundly short growing seasons. This is my first Rochester NY garden. I was unsure if I was even going to try gardening this year, so I actually started spouting seeds inside LATE (end of april). Now I'm afraid the seeds that did sprout.. seems there are thousands of them all over (many still in holding pots) won't have time to complete their growing journey before snow comes. I hope I'm wrong about that. I guess I'll see when the first frost comes. smile

#123674 June 6th, 2005 at 11:56 PM
Hi Therian
Welcome to the forum wavey
Nice to meet you.

#123675 June 7th, 2005 at 04:19 AM
Therian Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks! I appreciate that. smile

#123676 June 7th, 2005 at 05:54 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey there Therian,
I have since that time moved to the arctic north a.k.a. Rochester NY,
I'm South of Buffalo, N.Y. ***BLIZZARD OF '77***
The snowbelt of Western New York!!!
I know your pain very welllllllllllllllll...
But, have no fear.. it's not that short of a
growing season..well, alright, it is, but hey
I can be optimistic!!!! thumbup *sometimes it seems I just got all my stuff out and planted and put where I wanted it, and it's time to put it away!!! Hahahahahaaha wink laugh But I have a good sense of humor..

Anyways, you'll love it here, especially in the long, cold, snowy~blowy frigid winters in the aka Artic....There's lot's to do, recipes, crafts, holiday cheer, Banter Hall for alot of chatting and the Game Room to keep you entertained...
I've been here a few years now, and enjoy the heck out of each and every "Family Member" here in this very neat "Cyber Community" cool gab

Link Copied to Clipboard