This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12333 May 21st, 2003 at 12:01 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have ivy growing along the side of my house. My friend wants some for her house. Does anyone know if you can cut a piece off of the ivy and "re root" it to plant somewhere else? :rolleyes:

#12334 May 21st, 2003 at 05:13 PM
Sonia,
Im sure you can root it..What kind ivy do u have? I some English Ivy in some my potted plants outside..I just cut some off and stuck it in dirt doing great.. If you look under some the leaves u might can see some tiny roots..Just cut a small piece off and try it want hurt the plant..Ivy has runners..Good luck...

#12335 May 24th, 2003 at 05:46 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That stuff is usually pretty hardy.
In some places some ivy is considered an invasive weed. Now you have Cazenovia on your "from" is that N.Y.? zone 5? Most ivy's in the North take too long to become invasive.
Should just be able to cut a piece or two from a runner and then either put it in a pot with some nice dirt and cover a tiny bit at the nodes (That's the place where the leaves grow from the stem.) take a leaf or two off at the place you cover with dirt... They should root.
Or place in a cup of water. (remove leaves from the bottom that goes in the water)

Hope this helps!!
Let us know!
Weezie smile

Link Copied to Clipboard