This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#123233 May 14th, 2005 at 03:33 PM
pcgrav Offline OP
OP Offline
I posted this in the wrong place last nite so here it is in the proper home now...
Well I gotta brag... My 3yr old is just about the BEST garden helper I think I have ever had! She's entertainment,conversation, and helping hands all rolled into one. For the past 3 hrs we've been outside-- we have transplanted a plum tree, 2 rose-of sharon sprouts, and trimmed dead limbs from another grown plum tree. I also had some day lillies that my neighbor had given me that I just stuck in an old wheel barrow and threw some dirt on and left them there-- we took about half of those and filled a back corner of the yard.
BTW-- can you believe the lillies in the wheelbarrow are putting out blooms!?! It really suprised me! My stella de oro's I have planted by my front steps are loaded with blooms. A lot of which are already opening. (I'm already having to deadhead them...) And believe it or not I think my sick rose might just make it. I've been doing some reading and I think it has canker disease. Its a fungus that gets into cuts or openings in the canes,especially when they first come out of dormancy. There is no cure-- you just have to cut off all the bad places and burn it and hope for the best...
Well it's just the 2 of us here and I had to tell somebody what I did so there ya go... See ya round!
one more BTW-- I posted a really great recipe today. I made them for our churcch's youth dinner theater fund raiser and I'v already had about 15 or 20 people want to pay me to make them for them. that was until I told them how easy they were then they just wanted the recipe! wavey --then I have an appointment with a yard that is going to kindly donate to me some fern, some very tall iris looking plants that are about 4&1/2 tall and a few banana tree plants!! grinnnn But then again-- WHO in their right mind would want to??? shk

Read you guys this P.M.

#123234 May 14th, 2005 at 04:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm so glad you got this here! it sounds like you have a great day planned!!!

and, i'm glad you are having fun in the garden.

#123235 May 15th, 2005 at 02:47 AM
wow sounds like a great helper you got there!! I wish I had one but right now I guess it'll have to be my cat helping me. he chases the rocks and sticks I throw outta the area I may be digging in laugh laugh

#123236 May 15th, 2005 at 05:43 AM
daylillies are tough boogers. I transplanted a bunch last year right before we went on vacation. It was hot that week and they didn't really grow, but they came up this year and are doing REALLY well.

Link Copied to Clipboard