This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#121782 June 25th, 2005 at 04:48 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Hello all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Terry, 49 years old and living in Syracuse, NY.
I live in an apartment these days so I am unable to garden outdoors right now but I do love gardening. I have however made up for it by filling my apartment with indoor plants, (it's a jungle out there, LOL). I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing information with you in both directions.

May Mother Nature shineshine warmly on all your gardens.
p

#121783 June 26th, 2005 at 02:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey there Terry, glad you found us and welcome to the forum!

I lived in an apartment for 5 years and I couldn't garden in the grass outside, so like you I filled the apartment to jungle capacity.....LOL That's what initially got me started with plants. Houseplants make a home so much warmer and lived in I think.....

laura

#121784 June 26th, 2005 at 05:40 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi & Welcome,

I'm getting some house plants and they aren't dying which is totally new for me. Recently I bought a purple passion plant and I really love it. But it sure likes to visit the other plants in the window. Is there a way to tame it's wanton ways?

#121785 June 28th, 2005 at 06:27 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi TK,
As I said I have a jungle of plants in my apartment, my windows are full. Hanging baskets, on the floor, on the sills, and on various stands. All of my ivy's tend to "visit" each other as you say. All I can do is keep an eye and spend a morning or 2 a week "combing out the tangles" so to speak. I do not have a Purple Passion, but I am familiar with them and they are beautiful. Good luck with it

#121786 June 28th, 2005 at 07:27 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Also I have a quick question for everyone. I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this but how do I post pictures of my plants? I read what is in the FAQ but I am not sure I understand. Any help would be appreciated.

#121787 June 28th, 2005 at 08:32 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello Terry and fellow New Yorker!!!
Glad you found this place and WELCOME!!!
Make sure you take a peak around the forum
there's tons of stuff to do here, and we're
always very busy here even in the winter time
when YOU'RE GETTING ALL THAT SNOOOOOOOO sca WWW.
There's lots' to do, so just jump right on in...

Also..................

If you go to one of these sites, *and there is other's too, just can't remember the names*....

WebShots
PhotoBucket
Imagestation

(*I have the PHOTOBUCKET and it's the most user friendly place that I've come acrossed*)

It's FREE to download your pictures too....
Then you can attach the URL from the place you choose, copy and paste the URL, then click on the IMAGE botton, and insert the URL into there.
*there will be a highlighted blue http:/ thing there, either delete it or click your backspace button to get rid of it

I hope this helps..

P/S There's some other gardener's that do use pictures alot and maybe able to help you alot better than I did, Afgreyparrot/Cindy, Meg, Loz, Jiffy, G~mom, plants~n~Pots, Carly....tons of them know how and can give you a hand if you need it....

#121788 June 28th, 2005 at 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have both imagestation and webshots.....I basically use imagestation because it's run by sony and my camera is a sony, and hey I just like sony....LOL....However one important thing to note is that Webshots doesn't allow you to post your photos on another site....so you can't post photos you store on there here in the forum....That's a main reason I used imagestation too...plus it's free and there is no limit on photos you can store(I asked) If you try imagestation once you upload your photos just click on the photo you want to share here in the forum......then right click on it with your mouse and go down to properties......then you want to copy the url......then you'll come here and in your reply click on the image button and paste that url in that box........

Laura

#121789 June 28th, 2005 at 09:57 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Thank you everyone, due to your wonderful suggestions I was able to figure it out. (see "my peace lily in house plants forum wink )

Link Copied to Clipboard