This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#121586 December 14th, 2005 at 04:13 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. ters ters ters ters

#121587 December 14th, 2005 at 04:37 AM
get some rest and my tough [Linked Image]ts are with you.

Francine.

#121588 December 14th, 2005 at 05:16 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Jenn and Stephen....so very sorry to hear of your loss kissies

kit

#121589 December 14th, 2005 at 07:29 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
You are all in my prayers today. kissies

#121590 December 14th, 2005 at 10:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies and prayers jenn and stephen...

#121591 December 14th, 2005 at 10:41 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Jenn and Stephen,

I have searched for words all day today....
and I just wanted you to know how very sorry I am to hear of your loss of your special Gracie...
I want you to know you all will be in my prayers..

Please believe she'll be watching over you and Stephen always kissies ......

#121592 December 14th, 2005 at 11:10 PM
Jenn and Stephen,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you. Your family will be in my prayers as well.

#121593 December 15th, 2005 at 12:55 AM
Jenn,
I am so sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy ters may God be with you and your family in this terrible time. my prayers are being sent to Him for you.

#121594 December 15th, 2005 at 09:10 AM
Jenn
As all the others, I am at a total loss for words, I wish you all the strength and support in the coming months..
I am so so devastated for you and your husband
ters luv

#121595 December 15th, 2005 at 09:20 AM
So very sorry for your loss. Words cannot compensate at this time, but that's all we have to use.

May angell watch over you and your husband.

#121596 December 16th, 2005 at 10:36 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
I finally found the time and strength to sit down and read through this thread. Thanks very much for the nice words.

On Saturday, my water broke and the doctor said that tends to put your body in motion for labor...which it did. On Sunday, the resident checked me and I had dilated to 4 centimeters and by noon on Monday, I was fully dilated. Samantha was soo little that the contractions were just too intense for her. She was tiny...could fit into your hand. They checked for a pulse, but there wasn't any. I got to hold her for just a little before I was taken to the OR because the placenta was stuck to my uterus. While they were getting the placenta out, I lost enough blood that I had to be watched closely Monday evening. I was being given meds to keep me from hemorrhaging and have been pumped with antibiotics since Saturday to keep infection out of my uterus. Physically, my body is tired. I got very little sleep while I was in the hospital because the nurses were changing my IV bags every hour or so. Emotionally, we are doing ok. I've been trying to keep myself busy as I am not allowed to drive until next week and not expected to go to work until Monday (although I will probably chicken out). The hospital gave us a "memory box" that has a little blanket identical to the blanket they wrapped Samantha in, along with a small teddy bear and the flowers that they took her picture with. I've put my hospital bracelet in the box as well as the pictures they took of her and her tiny little hat that was put on her head. We've been getting sympathy cards mixed in with our Christmas cards, which is a little hard for us, but the sympathy cards are going into the box as well. Right now, I am looking for some sort of ornament to hang on the tree for Samantha. We get a new ornament every year...Stephen collects the Star Trek space ships from Hallmark and I collect ornaments while we go on vacation, but I want something for Samantha, so I am spending some of my time looking for one that I like.

That is pretty much all that there is to say right now. Again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Its nice to know that they are there.

Also, thanks to some very special people for the wonderful Samantha plant that I received on Wednesday. We both love it and will treasure it always.

#121597 December 16th, 2005 at 11:07 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Jenn...what a wonderful thing the hospital did with the little box...the little treasure. I am thankful that you are home where you can finally get some much needed rest. You will continue to be in our thoughts & prayers...and please know..that if you need a friend, a shoulder, a listener...you have an army of friends here that would consider it an honor to provide any of those for you...just hit the ol PM button and we are here for you... kissies

~V~

#121598 December 16th, 2005 at 02:06 PM
Jenn, What a precious gift the hospital gave to you and Stephen. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

#121599 December 17th, 2005 at 02:16 AM
Jenn and Stephen,

I am so sorry to hear about what happened. ters If there is anything we can do for you please let us know! luv Yall will be in my thoughts.

Kareena

#121600 December 17th, 2005 at 02:30 AM
i am sorry to hear about your lost. My the God give you and Stephen much strength during this time

#121601 December 17th, 2005 at 02:35 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Jenn as always my prayer of comfort for you and Stphen. I saw cute little angle tree ornamint the other day if I find it again I will send I will send it to you.
Jimmy

#121602 December 17th, 2005 at 03:17 AM
W
W
Jenn & Stephen,
I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know how I can be of help but just know I am there for you when and if you need me. What a special treasure the hospital gave you. This has just touched my heart, I feel so for you. May you find the strength to deal with this. I just wish there was more I could do. My shoulder is always available.
With love,
Nancy

#121603 December 20th, 2005 at 11:00 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Today was my first day back to work. I was only scheduled for 2 hours....and glad of it! I spent most of those 2 hours dodging people and their questions. Why can't people understand that you don't want to talk about something?? I mean, the director had even gone around the school and TOLD people not to come to me and ask questions. Hopefully tomorrow will be better....thank goodness I'm only scheduled for 2 hours again!

We found an ornament that we like for Samantha. It is part of the "Heart of Motherhood" collection that Hallmark has. It is a heart that has a small locket on the front of it for a small picture. Then the large part of the ornament opens and you can put small tokens that hang on the inside of it. We are getting one token that is a small square with a tiny footprint in the middle and then another token that is a square with the December birth stone in the middle of it. We did a 2 day delivery so that we'll have it before we leave to go to Stephen's parent's house for Christmas.

Also, I wanted to thank those of you who sent cards this past week. We really appreciate them...and Stephen was pretty impressed that people who we haven't even met cared enough to send cards. I must say that we are both handling this pretty well. We've gotten to spend time talking about how we feel about the different aspects of certain things and now we know what is going through...and WAS going through...each other's heads. thumbup

...our smiles are returning smile

#121604 December 20th, 2005 at 11:13 AM
Jenn,

So sorry that work was so difficult. I hope that tomorrow is better for you. The ornament sounds beautiful. So glad that things with you and Stephen are good and you are talking. That is going to get you both through the hard times and the good times to come. You are both still in my thoughts and prayers.

#121605 December 20th, 2005 at 11:20 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Jenn...hopefully tomorrow will be better...it will be nice to regain some "normalcy" to your life. And the coming up time with family will help as well! Thanks for keeping us posted on how you are doing..it seems as though when one of us is hurting...there is a part of all of us that hurts as well...we are continuing to remember you & Stephen in our thoughts and daily prayers...

~V~

#121606 December 20th, 2005 at 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jenn... all my love and prayers.... for you and stephen. glad tomorrow is only a 2 hour day again!

#121607 December 20th, 2005 at 08:23 PM
Jenn, I haven't been on for awhile and my heart broke today reading this. I am so sorry for the loss that you and Stephan have had to bare. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers just as you will be keeping your little angel in your hearts.

#121608 December 22nd, 2005 at 05:51 AM
J
J
Jenn, I also have not been on for a while, am devastated at your and Stephens loss. No words can ever take away your grieving "I Know".
You need to grieve for Gracie, in time, a long time in the future it will get easier I promise.
For now take comfort from your family and friends.
My thoughts and prayers are with Gracie, you and Stephen.
Doreenx

#121609 December 23rd, 2005 at 01:16 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I was told when I lost my son that loosing a still born child is loosing a "perfect child". Because the child has never grown up to become her own person she is instead an embodiment of every hope and dream her parents have always cherished which is very very hard to loose. All my love and compassion while you work through this time.

And know that she is and always will be with you especially at this time of year. My sons name was Phillip Wayne and his nickname was ET. He was 20 days old when he died. He never came home from the hospital.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard