This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#121398 May 22nd, 2005 at 06:32 AM
Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
Hi!
I was playing around in my knotwood garden when i noticed tulips and lotsa other flowering bulbs putting up leaves. Then the knotwood grew over it and the leaves died back. So ya, turns out that before we moved here, there was no knotwood, and lotsa bulbs and stuff.

So how do i get rid of this knotwood ^.^ I tried cutting em down, but they shoot back up. I tried pulling them, but they got some THICK runners going around o.O Like the thickness of my arm! Annnnnnnnd my friends have this in their yard, and they've even tried going as far as pouring gasoline on them and setting them on fire even into the ground... So ya, how do i get rid of this annoying bamboo import?

#121399 May 22nd, 2005 at 06:37 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I have no clue what knotwood even IS... Duh
...but when all else fails, use a backhoe.

Cindy Sue

#121400 May 22nd, 2005 at 06:44 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Gooooooooooooooooood Luck Pheobe's!!!!
That stuff is one of THE TOUGHEST plants TO GET RID OF..

JAPANESE KNOTWEED
Read the paragraph about how when you try to remove it, under "AND ANOTHER THING" that it just keeps multipling, the pieces' of it become new plants...

Weezie

#121401 May 23rd, 2005 at 07:17 AM
Nako Offline OP
Greenhouse Pixie
OP Offline
Greenhouse Pixie
arrrrrrr! I just did a buncha work with it with Chris today. What we're gonna do is wait till this fall, go through there, find all the bulbs and just dig up anything that we haven't personally planted there. *thinks* i donno if it'll work though, cuz there's some down the road from us too which could potentially create more of it around here >.< So that'd suck... I donno, i just don't want it breaking the foundation of the house and growing inside here as well o.O Its already destroyed part of the pourch!

We were digging around it, and found it growing between the cracks in the pourch. It actually split the wood apart, and we have come to the conclusion that it isn't safe to walk on anymore >.< omg i hate this stuff! its gonna go down!!! *pulls out mechettie* MWAHAHAHAHA! *as lightning strikes it in a awesomely cool way so that it brings no harm to Phoebe or anything around her... except for that ******* knotweed!*

~Phoebe

Link Copied to Clipboard