This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
it seems to fit in this forum best.

I've seen a reeeeeeeeeally cool looking dragonfly. I call it a 'samurai' dragonfly. It appears to have rectangular-ish wings...with the ends extending down in a square. Almost like a biplane. I don't know if it's just the coloration of the wings that makes it look like that, or if there's some type of dragonfly that does have 'flaps' like that. Any ideas what it could have been that I saw? It was more than once, too...so that's why I'm leaning away from it being the wing pattern that threw me. Unless the same dragonfly came back to see me from last year - which I don't think is possible wink

I am no authority on dragon or damsel flies but I do think they all have round wings. It might be the type you saw.

beginners guide to dragonflies/damselflies

The dragonfly website

This site has great pictures.
Donna flw

OP Offline
Thanks Donna - awesome sites!

Link Copied to Clipboard