This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#120741 August 10th, 2005 at 05:42 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
I had to brag a bit on this one......Every day since I got our humming bird feeder my son sits and watches them he loves them. I am notified of just how many he sees every time he sits there. Well today a few of the other children in the neighborhood said "Why do you care if they are there or not their just dumb birds and they dont even thank you for feeding them."
My son looked at them and said and I type this with tears in my eyes "They do thank me, by showing me how pretty they are and letting me see them." Wisdom much beyond his little 5 years of life. He never ceases to amaze me with his thoughts and his bluntness with telling them to anyone no matter what!

#120742 August 10th, 2005 at 06:03 AM
Awww how sweet! He told those guys, good for him!

#120743 August 10th, 2005 at 07:32 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah I was proud of him. I feel bad the kids around here are not the best natured, I dont realy like him to play with most of them but its hard to keep him away when everyone is playing. Last week one told him to step on a wasp nest, the week before one was trying to get all of the others to eat dog fecies. I hardly ever let him play unsupervised. He actually got so mad at one last year that he still will not play with him to date ( kid told him there was no god ) He got IRATE started hollering there is a god he makes rainbows and mountains. He proceeded to tell him to go home he should be ashamed of himself and then went and told his mother. She of course was very upset being a bible school teacher and all!

#120744 August 10th, 2005 at 07:47 AM
Good for him - he did well.

Our five year old granddaughter can be quite the mouthpiece when defending her beliefs.

THERE WILL BE NO SMOKING IN THIS HOUSE!

#120745 August 10th, 2005 at 07:52 AM
That is just the sweetest thing! What a doll. Kids are so amazing!

#120746 August 10th, 2005 at 07:52 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
Man arent kids the BEST! I know I need mine much much more then they need me! My son spent most of today picking what he thought were seeds (from weeds I might add) and planting them in his little area of the yard. He saw blue mulch at a home store and he wants it so bad for his "garden" . We have been working on a blue butterfly garden for him and a pink garden for my daughter. We are hopeing to grow everything we put in there next year from seeds. I think the experience will be good for them. I am nervous about growing from seeds have never done it. We will learn together I guess!

#120747 August 11th, 2005 at 07:00 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
by Karrie
They do thank me, by showing me how pretty they are and letting me see them."
Good for him. I am also proud of him glad he stands up for his beleifs. BTW I got two Black Hollyhock seedlins up today. Thank you so much for them.
Jimmy

#120748 August 11th, 2005 at 07:43 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
That is great JV. I am so glad to hear that! Today we had to go to kindergarden registeration, well my son knows the principal from preschool a lil. The principals name is Dean Cook and the kids call him of course Mr. Cook today my son was talking to him and said "Bye Captian Hook see you when school starts." Every teacher in that office was laughing and Mr. Cook was bubbling with laughter I went to correct Dalton. Mr. Cook said please dont that is just too cute let him be.

Link Copied to Clipboard