This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12061 November 23rd, 2003 at 07:36 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Can anyone tell me how to collect the seeds from flowering kale? I have some really beautiful colors and varieties and would like to start my own next year.

#12062 November 24th, 2003 at 02:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gingerpeachy, welcome to the garden helper. I don't have your answer, but I do think you will have a better chance of getting the information you are after if I move your question to the plants and flowers section. in the meantime, welcome again, and enjoy your time with us!

#12063 November 25th, 2003 at 03:08 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey GingerPeachy!!!! wavey
I too don't have an answer but wanted to
stop by and say hi!!!
Glad to have you here!!!
I'm pretty sure someone might be able
to give you an answer, maybe Bill,
Papito, Nikkal, someone may know...

I think those are pretty plants too.
Nice color and takes cool weather well.

Well, stick around, someone may have an
answer for you!!!

Feel free to take a peak around, and answer/ask all the questions you'd like....

Weezie

I have relatives in Chicago,
near Calumet City, and Hammond, Ind.
We have several members from chicago,
Bunny comes to mind first,
but there's many others.
Don't forget to check out all the new sections we've added, Banter Hall for chatting, Crafts~Creativities~&~Hobbies............
Lot's of things to do here.

#12064 December 7th, 2003 at 04:05 PM
Forum Hostess
Forum Hostess
....HI......Here is a link to a page that will give you more information on saving your seeds. Kale actually form pods that you can harvest the seeds from.

http://www.seedsave.org/issi/904/expert.html

Good luck!

#12065 December 7th, 2003 at 05:03 PM
Gingerpeachy, welcome! You're going to get addicted to this site, I guarantee. There's so much information available and these gardeners are much more than just "plant people." Always a fascinating read, here, and you'll get every question answered

We just bought two ornamental kale yesterday. Aren't they beautiful? Ours are the purpley ones. I love the ruffles.

Link Copied to Clipboard