This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#120045 July 28th, 2005 at 01:34 PM
OP Offline
I am still having trouble with these pond lillys. I would like to keep some, so I dug up about 20 bulbs today and have them in a different pond for now. My question is this, does anyone know anything about Endethal K ? It is suppose to get rid of problem plants in ponds, but not hurt my fish. My kids are really on me about getting some of these plants gone, so that they can fish and boat in the pond again. Any ideas ya'll. Thanks, Brian

#120046 July 30th, 2005 at 08:58 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
b.t.davis,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum....
We're very glad you found us...

I just wanted to let you know, I was going
to move your post and put it into
WATER GARDEN SECTION, I know you'll get a few
more responses there and some one will
be able to help you better..

Good luck with your lilies!!!!

#120047 July 30th, 2005 at 12:29 PM
Howdy! Brian~
I have had no experience with endothal k or any other aquatic plant killer Duh .
About the best advise I can give is to keep hand pulling the lilies frown . If you do a mass kill IMHO it will pollute the water. It may not directly hurt any fish but a mass vegetation kill will probably drop oxygen and do a few summersaults with the water quality.
Your kids want to play in the water and fish after?? I would wonder if the chemicals are absorbed by the fish? Duh

Donna flw

#120048 August 1st, 2005 at 08:15 AM
G
G
Most of these chemicals are only safe on ornamental fish, not fish you would catch and eat.

I agree with GardenCrazy too. As the plants die, and decompose, they would release ammonia and other toxins back into the water and cause possible illness and death in the fish.

Link Copied to Clipboard