This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11942 December 23rd, 2003 at 04:03 AM
OP Offline
My ZZ plant is doing ok......It is still getting yellow leaves tho...Does anyone else have this problem? I try to only water it every other week...I transplanted to a little larger clay pot when i bought it like the lady at the nursery said. I would have put it back in its original pot but it threw it away..
Thanks for the help and i wish everyone a very special Christmas! wavey wavey

#11943 December 24th, 2003 at 01:02 AM
T
T
Originally posted by TheGardenerGuy:
My ZZ plant is doing ok......It is still getting yellow leaves tho...Does anyone else have this problem? I try to only water it every other week...I transplanted to a little larger clay pot when i bought it like the lady at the nursery said. I would have put it back in its original pot but it threw it away..
Thanks for the help and i wish everyone a very special Christmas! wavey wavey
How long ago did you get it? It could be adjusting to it's new environment. How much light does it get? These plants are really idiot proof! I have 2. What *I* would do is check with a toothpick deep down in the soil next time you THINK you have to water. Push the toothpick deep into the soil and pull out. If it's damp forget watering and check again in a few days.I water mine currently once a week but I don't soak the entire pot. If you do you MAY be watering too much.

Tom

#11944 December 24th, 2003 at 05:04 AM
OP Offline
I bought it about a month ago.....It is near a north facing window...I will hold off on the watering for awhile...
Thanks for the help..... gab

#11945 December 25th, 2003 at 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Greg,

It may be reacting to the repotting. If it is just one stem that is losing leaves that is not a cause for undo concern.

By moving it into a slightly larger pot, you have increased the chance of overwatering. Always water thoroughly, but you should wait an additional week or two in between waterings.

Link Copied to Clipboard