This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#119230 August 14th, 2005 at 02:18 AM
OP Offline
My husband and I have created a boggy area in our yard by building a retaining wall to prevent the front yard from taking over the driveway. As a result, even with the french drain, the rhododendrons are dying due to too much water. Can anyone suggest some shrubs or bushes to put in such a wet area? Duh

#119231 August 14th, 2005 at 03:35 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Pussy willows...love water..
*they have some really cute pink one's
and black one's are out too..as well as the white/gray kind*

Sweetwoodruff, ground cover loves shade and
moist conditions..they have beautiful green,
an ornate leave and delicate white flowers,
and aren't too aggressive as far as a ground cover.

#119232 August 17th, 2005 at 05:30 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for the help! I'll have to look these up to know what they are. I appreciate it!

Wrangler

#119233 August 17th, 2005 at 06:59 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
The woodruff is the one that smells like vanilla too isn't it weezie? And are the cattails a good bog plant. I always see them in the dry arrangements with the pussywillows but I wasn't sure if they actually grow in the same conditions. If I had a bog I would definitely have some of the tropicanna cannas. The foliage is so great it's bloom is secondary in my opinion and its pretty cool all by itself.

If you have enough of a bog going could you fit a weeping willow in that area? I think they are fantastic trees but they are much bigger than a bush.

Hope you find a good solution to your problem. Let me know what you decide. I always love to know what people decide.

Link Copied to Clipboard