This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
anyone have plant hanger patterns? #118871
August 8th, 2005 at 10:32 AM
August 8th, 2005 at 10:32 AM
Oregon
E
Erinne Offline OP
Erinne  Offline OP
E

Oregon
I have some Wandering Jew plants I need to get away from little kitty mouths, and I've been looking for ideas to make my own plant hangers. Does anyone have any good ideas or websites I could look at? I know how to knit, but not crochet, if that helps. I have a lot of time and creative energy on my hands right now, but not a lot of money (recent college grad still looking for full-time employment).

Thanks to any help anyone has. smile

Peace and Soybeans,

Erinne
Re: anyone have plant hanger patterns? #118872
August 8th, 2005 at 11:07 AM
August 8th, 2005 at 11:07 AM
Maine
Merme Offline
Merme  Offline

Maine
Hi ~

I would suggest Macrame. It is easy to learn, inexpensive, durable, versatile, and the most common option for plant hangers.

A good site that will teach you everything you need to know, including specific free patterns is

Knotting Work

He has a plant Hanger Projects Page with projects of increasing difficulty and option designs.

A place to begin, anyway.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)