This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#118856 May 10th, 2005 at 06:12 PM
hinda Offline OP
OP Offline
hello everyone!!! i just found this site by chance when i was researching some info on how to help my very neglected garden. the site looks great and i hope to use many resources and meet pople that are alos intereseted in gardening. my garden is quite large and i have unfortunately neglected it for almost four years. one day i woke up and decided that it was either me or the overgrown weeds. so i have started working on getting the weeds out - they consist of mostly a large thorn weed with a purple flower and very sharp thorns(ouch). i would love to hear from people abuit clearing weeds from both your garde and from in between the patio blocks. now that i gor the gardening "bug" i cant seem to wait til hte next day to try and clear some more area and finally plant some flowers. trees, vegetables, herbs - anything really. but i am totally unexperienced but very willing to learn. the main catch is that this has to be done on a minimal (very minimal) budget. looking forward to hearing from other gardeners..
hinda

#118857 May 10th, 2005 at 06:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Hinda, and welcome to the gardenhelper!! It's fantastic to have you here with us. wavey

#118858 May 10th, 2005 at 06:41 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Welcome Hinda, glad to see you here. I am rather inexperienced myself but every question I have has been answered here. Have fun checking out the whole site.

#118859 May 10th, 2005 at 06:47 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi & Welcome,

I'm on a fixed income so I know what you mean by gardening on a budget. I call my garden the weed patch because that is exactly what I am trying to do too. Make a garden where there is nothing but weeds. I have no idea what zone you are in but I bet it's going to be lovely when you are done. There is a recipe for weedkiller around here somewhere, it's made up of vinegar, salt and dishwashing soap. Very economical and it works well between those flagstones. For beds of weeds the layer compost technique is very good if you have access to manure. Also very cheap. And you can make raised beds with it to add even more interest to your garden.

#118860 May 22nd, 2005 at 02:36 AM
P
P
Please check this out Blessed Thistle, Holy Thistle

Native of the mediterranean region grown for the pharmaceutical industry.

Link Copied to Clipboard